It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Hell Is This???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by weknowyouknow
"ufos" dont emit smoke. im pretty sure that was a missle test.

How do you know? Have you ever constructed one? Do all UFO's have to be the same? Why wouldn't they emmit smoke?

Please people, stop acting like you know everything abut UFO's and such, nobody knowds everything about them, as far as we know we don't know anything about them, were they come from, why there here, or if there even extraterrestrial in origin. So please, just stop.

Anyways abou the video, it is a missle contrail, the only odd thing is its altitude and the little orb that comes out of it near the end.

Hrere are some comparaison pics:

Page 1

Page 2

Not to mention that this event was already planned.

Vandenberg Launch

Hmmmm. Case closed?

-Jimmy-

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
I don't think it's a missle launch, unless something has gone wrong
with the guidance system. Why launch a missle and have it fly
at such a low angle over neighborhoods within the atmosphere?
Most launches attempt to get the missle up and out into space ASAP
to minimize risk to populations and conserve fuel, don't they?

[edit on 10-7-2007 by carewemust]

I think you are confusing 'Missile' with a Space-Bound Rocket. Space bound rockets go(more or less) straight up. Missiles often are fired, as this one clearly is, from ground launch point OVER to ground target.

Its not going up because its not headed for space, its headed to its target on that island.

And the large white portion is clearly smoke not some force-field or whatever. Looks exactly like the smoke(contrails off a jet, or other object screaming through the lower atmospheres) at very high speed.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Alex Krycek]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130

Originally posted by weknowyouknow
"ufos" dont emit smoke. im pretty sure that was a missle test.

How do you know? Have you ever constructed one? Do all UFO's have to be the same? Why wouldn't they emmit smoke?

Please people, stop acting like you know everything abut UFO's and such, nobody knowds everything about them, as far as we know we don't know anything about them, were they come from, why there here, or if there even extraterrestrial in origin. So please, just stop.
-Jimmy-

Thank you for this post, Jimmy. I was about to typing something up very similar to it

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Its the USS starship Voyager dropping out of transwarp (salvaged and converted from Borg scout ship), except they had a malfunction and altered the space-time continuum, transporting themselves into the past 300 years.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck ............ it must be a UFO?

I will take the expert in the field words when they say a missile launch at evening time downrange somewhere.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The missile never leaves the atmosphere - not intended to. Many missiles, such as the TOW and Dragon missiles are strictly ground to ground or ground to air. There are also many air-to-air missiles and air-to-ground missiles - none of which ever leave the atmosphere, some of which barely gain much altitude at all.

This particular missile is fired from the beach and is aimed out over the ocean. It's probably a Minuteman II or Minuteman III. It does NOT fly over any populated areas. It's designed and programmed to fly a few hundred to a few thousand miles in a low arc easily visible from several hundred miles away and is quite common. In Los Angeles, the local paper and news broadcasts will frequently inform the populace to "watch the skies" for an upcoming launch, even publishing the date and time of launch.

The folks at Vandenberg conducting the missile tests often schedule these at sunset so that they can film the vapor trail and collect better data to gauge flight parameters and such. Millions of people up and down the west coast are merely unwitting beneficiaries of the beautiful sight.

Here's a PR page put out for those wanting to view this amazing spectacle - it's different every time. If you scroll down the page you'll get additional info such as sight radius, trajectory data, and the like. You can even call Vandenberg and ask them about their flight schedule. I know some people plan barbecues and backyard parties around the event.

Seems like every time another launch goes up, especially if the atmospheric conditions are favorable and is especially extraordinary, the police and local paper get dozens of calls from worried citizenry convinced there is an invasion, missile or meteor attack (and ATS gets a new post or two). Thus the growing PR work to try and alleviate such unfounded fears.

Remember: Deny Ignorance... And keep looking up!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ok, what about a complete missile launch video that creates this phenomena? That's what I would like to see.

It looks like a missile could create an interesting trail, but I haven't found a video that quite compares to the original video.

Pictures are great, but a video would help. A video that shows from the beginning of the launch. That way, we can avoid someone explaining away a phenomenon that really isn't a missile launch. You know, like the "Phoenix lights and flares" explanation.

Troy

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Very spooky looking. but, I have to say is a missile. I launched them , lots of them in my career. even made some do a cool light shows Like this one in the forum by strapping solid rocket fuel cylinders near the engine. At high altitude it looks very cool. Sometimes after a launch a local news station would report it as a something else in the sky.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
forgot to add this, but looks like a stage two booster separation was captured on the film. also. A few other things give this away as a missile. Sorry I cant tell what they are for many military reasons.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Wormholes are science fiction and missiles are real. Why do you doubt the reality of the situation in favour of a fantasy explanation?

Wormholes aren't science fiction, any more than black holes are, and fall under the discipline of theoretical physics. That said, yeah, that's obviously just a missile launch, especially considering that you wouldn't be able to actually see a wormhole with the naked eye in the first place. It wouldn't be like on Stargate or Deep Space Nine. (Well, maybe closer to DS9, as you can't see it unless something's going through it.)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130

Anyways abou the video, it is a missle contrail, the only odd thing is its altitude and the little orb that comes out of it near the end.

Not really, the orb's obviously the missile going trans-atmospheric, and since we don't know the exact distance or facing of the shooter in regards to the base, the assumed altitude isn't all that odd. If we had a better view of the horizon, it would seem a lot less odd.

Originally posted by Jimmy910130Hmmmm. Case closed?

Indeed.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...looks like a missle to me.

LOL unless of course aliens have resorted to using fossil fuels.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by blueyedevil666]

[edit on 18-7-2007 by blueyedevil666]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join