It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Hell Is This???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Missile launch. The reason for the weird looking smoke trails is that the launch occured most likely at sunset timeframe, the setting sun tends to lightup the high altitude missile launch trail due to the setting sun. In addition, though not really seen much in this video, others I've seen have a strange zigzag pattern to them, this is from winds at differing altitudes blowing the trails around...

[edit on 7/10/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
@ torsion.how do you know wormholes are fantasy? remember this quote,"today's science fiction is tomorrow's science fact."

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
As everyone has said, it is a missile launch.

Same as this Google video "UFO" video

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
@ torsion.how do you know wormholes are fantasy? remember this quote,"today's science fiction is tomorrow's science fact."

Just because somebody said it, doesn't make it true. Sometimes science fact just makes old science fiction look stupid.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is the big problem with this board, we have 2 people who know exactly what this is and have witnessed it, but yet we have people saying its something no one has ever saw and we do not even know if its real. And say it like they know its not a missle launch for sure. Its makes it very frustrating to add your opinion to this forum, when the Make believe people out number the people who look for the truth..

Sorry back to topic.

OP You got a actual factual answer, it was a missle launch.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw one of these MISSLE LAUNCHES from Ft. Irwin once, scared the crap out of me.

I had absolutely no idea what it was, it looked like chemicals being dispersed and heading toward the post housing area.

The real scary thing was that the "chemicals" were right over the only road leading off post.

But then I found out it was a MISSLE and calmed down.

MISSLE (just thought I should say it one more time.)

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Because of the time of day, I suspect it might have been the Minuteman II launch on March 20, 2007. It went up around 9:30 p.m. that evening.

A good place to check on this stuff is:
www.spacearchive.info...

They also have some very nice photos of launch trails here:
www.spacearchive.info...

The photos are not of the same launch, but you can see the obvious similarities. Unless you're a complete dope, anyway.

Hmmm...cased solved then I guess...

J.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's a missile launch, get on with life!
Reality of the issue is that there a people here who can't handle the truth, and everything they see is a conspiracy or something unexplained.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Although the logical explanation seems to be a missile launch, I think it's only fair that we take a scientific approach. Let's compare the video clip in question with video clips of a wormhole or an object deccelerating from light speed. Only then can we know for sure. Oh, and I call 'not it' on finding those other clips

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We have to assume its a missile test launch merely because none of us has even seen (let alone a proven) wormhole event personally.

Its a fallacy of logic to proclaim something is a specific type without even knowing what that type looks/appears like.

Common guys, don't be so fast to reject the simplest answer, which more often than not is the real answer.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I live in Los Angeles and we see a lot of missile tests going out over the ocean. I have to agree with everyone else on this thread that says it's a missile. They usually come over low in the sky like that and the smoke trail lasts for hours afterward. Hard to mistake for anything else really, once you know what you're looking at that is.
Mitzella

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Interesting. I was going to disagree with SuicideVirus after he posted his picture links because those pics didn't really look the same as the video (most of the tails were conical), But Outrageo provided proof positive for me with his link, excellent work guys.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
From what I've read here, and seen, it looks like yes, its a missile. I'm guessing the missile has a second stage to it and thats the halo we see. makes sense.
I saw another one on google, but the final part seems to "spurl" here
video.google.com...

I think for as far as we know, its going to be a missile.
But lets follow the story of it being a wormhole, or UFO. That means that the 2 people who told you that its a missile are either lying outright, or some part of a disemination project working for the government, their job to visit ATS and oust evidence of UFO's.
I"m not saying the later part is true, just a bit more unlikely.

Moral of the story, once you post a video or picture of a ufo asking if its real, you then have to consider that someone is going to you it isn't, and in this case tell you point blank exactly what it is. Then its on you to believe it, or to seek more evidence.

Of all the UFO videos, this one seems to be in keeping with many others, including the pics someone listed and other videos.

I feel safe in claiming its a rocket.

But its a good watch, anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have personally seen such an event when I lived in California. This videoed event is, from all appearances, a pre-dawn launch from Vandenberg that has gone off-course and was destroyed. This one is quite spectacular. You have to be there to appreciate the mind-blowing beauty of the irradiance viewed. The contrail and debris field are illuminated by the sun... against the blue pre-dawn sky. I quite understand the reactions of the witnesses.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ah foofstar, have you watched the whole clip of the video you presented?

Did you notice the odd swirly thing just before the clip ends. Hmm.

Never seen a trail of smoke or vapor that looks like the original video yet.

Ok folks, let's back up the missle launch theory. Let's see an actual confirmable missle launch that makes these phenomena, shall we. I'm no expert, so I need to see proof. If these turn out to be missles, that is certainly fine.

Anyway, the footage looks cool.

Troy

[edit on 10-7-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
As others have said, this is a missile test. Here are some other odd missile contrails:

These strange, glowing contrails actually fall under the heading of the Twilight Phenomenon:

The Twilight Phenomenon
TWILIGHT PHENOMENON
A “twilight phenomenon” is created when unburned missile propellant particles and water left in the wake of an intercontinental ballistic missile or space booster freeze in the lese dense upper atmosphere. These frozen fragments reflect the high altitude sunlight, typically producing a green, blue, white and rose-colored luminescence.
Although this brilliant effect may also feature some corkscrew shape clouds, no two instances have looked exactly alike. Any single instances of the phenomenon may appear differently to different observers, depending on the location from which they view it.
The most brilliant instances of the phenomenon have happened between 30 and 60 minutes after sunset or before sunrise. For conditions to be “right,” skies must be clear over the area, the sun must be below the horizon and the sky must be dark. As the missile rises out of the darkness into the sunlight, a twilight phenomenon may result.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Definitely a missile launch. The "thing out of the middle" is merely stage separation. We get these photos and clips all the time at ATS. Easily debunked.

That makes sense. More than likely it is simply a missile launch if anything but it's definitely not something I've ever seen. Looks really spectacular...better than fireworks.

In terms of debunking...I could be mistaken but I don't think the person who posted this in the link, nor the original poster of this thread claimed this to be an an actual alien aircraft just that they didn't know what is was. The video title is "Missile or UFO?".

Nothing really to debunk, just a question to be answered.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Nice missle though...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Never seen a misile or a trail from it , then ive never seen a "wormhole" apart from in the ground,

i would like to see our fellow ats colleages who say that this is not a missile and that it IS a "wormyhole" show dates n times that they have seen such a thing and even video evidence as they seem so sure that they know what they look like..

Until then the wormhole is to me as credible as the lochness monster!

So i guess its a missile too

rgds
git

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah I think missile for sure too noticed the trajectory and path ect.. but if its a MMII i sure hope its inert! lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join