It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian teen (13) killed her family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Canadian teen (13) killed her family

news.bbc.co.uk

A 13-year old Canadian girl has been found guilty of murder, for helping her adult boyfriend stab her parents and younger brother.

The girl, who was 12 at the time of the killings, is believed to be the youngest person in Canada to be convicted of murder.

The court in the town of Medicine Hat, Alberta, will sentence her next month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Sentencing a 13 year old girl who murdered her family. That's a tough one. The girl wasn't really old enough, or in a proper mental state to really know what she was doing. And, it was mostly her adult boyfriend who led the party, and she just seemed to tag along. However she is obviously not blameless. What do you think? Do you think 6 years is enough? Do you think there should be more to the sentencing? Therapy maybe? I don't envy the judge in charge of this case.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
[quote]Prosecutors said that she had been angry with her parents who had grounded her, in an attempt to sever her relationship with Jeremy Steinke, a man 11 years her senior.

She was mad sure, but i dont see any dimished mental capacity as you suggest. I think she new exactly what she was doing as evidenced here :

The girl testified that he then ordered her to kill her eight-year old brother.

JR said she stabbed him once with a kitchen knife, but could not kill him.

If she had the change of heart while stabbing her brother, she must have known what she was doing would end his life.

Either way, this is a tough case. Id say she should get 10 years + thearapy minimum. This kid is gunna be screwed up for a lot longer then that.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't say diminished capacity, at least not any more than any 12 year old would have. But I think that an infatuated 12 year old girl is capable of a lot of stupid things, especially when the source of the infatuation is telling her to do these things. Growing up with two younger sisters, I can tell you that 12 years old is the strangest age for a girl to go through. Their brains just don't work right, as evidenced by the huge fan base that Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and Christina Aguilera have.

But seriously folks...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOfEither way, this is a tough case. Id say she should get 10 years + thearapy minimum. This kid is gunna be screwed up for a lot longer then that.

10 years and therapy sounds about right. She is a bit young, but she still knew what she was doing even if she might not have comprehended the full consequences of the act.

Unfortunately she'll probably be screwed up for the rest of her life now. It's cases like these where she'd be better off with her memory wiped and be able to start over.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah, she may not have fully comprehended what she did when it happened, but I'm betting that she'll realize how painful it is that her family is dead if she hasn't already.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
A poem connected to this incident, but inadmissable in court has surfaced.

The single sheet of paper with words written in pencil and a drawing of a stick figure dangling from a hangman's noose was ruled inadmissible during the trial.

-snip-

May the furry and flame of all hell come and greet you at deaths doorstep.

May the hatred and anger built of blazing infernos fill you and overcome you.

May the pains of a thousand torchered souls come upon you like scalding blade and eclips all other nobel feeling.

May your hopes, dreams and happiness fall into the swirling pit of despair never to return.

May your peace of mind and safety be gone to you to be forever afraid and ailled.

May the black overcome you and the pain never ending.

May all you love be stolen and destroyed just out of reach, to never again feel such joys

xxxAmenxx
link

There's a lot of deep anger being expressed here.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Life in prison without possibility of parole is what she would have probably gotten in the U.S. and I think she's more than deserving of that fate.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
damn what a nut job
if shes capible of this at this age think of the threat she will be when shes older
shoot her and her adult acounterpart

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
she was fullt aware of her actions and set out to kill them

life is the only option.

at 13 is very much old enough to know what she is doing - if you think 11+ are all little children then you need to open you mind to the world.
and life with a minimum term is teh right option - not 10 years out of 5 minutes for good behaviour and `time` allready served.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Life in prison without possibility of parole is what she would have probably gotten in the U.S. and I think she's more than deserving of that fate.

I concur with mister djohnsto77 wholeheartedly. Especially after reading her little poem she undoubtedly lifted. I'd like to add that she should, in addition to being incarcerated for life, be sterilized so she cannot accidentally reproduce. I know that sounds harsh but the punishment fits the crime.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Man I know this is a terrible crime and I understand how people can say lock her up for life and give her the death pently etc etc but (...) sake, she was 12 yrs old. Think back to when you were 12 and how you felt. Did you ever get angry? Tell your parents that you hated them? Wish you were dead? Fight with everybody? Now I'm not saying I thought of killing my family when I was 12 but I was angry at times but if there had of been someone older that influnced me then who knows how I might have re-acted (OK Not murder, thats for sure) but I think most the blame has to be put on the older boyfriend who played a big role in the crime. Yes she deserves to be locked up but she also needs a lot of therpy and trust me, no matter how she felt at the time, when she gets over being an teenager she will have alot of suffering to do. Teenagers go through alot of emotions and their hormonal inbalance is all over the place. It sounds like this guy brain washed her for his own gain....

`````````````````````
removed censor circumvention

[edit on 11/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have been following this story since it first appeared in the news.The girl was labelled as clearly disturbed early on, including by her classmates.It remains to be seen as far as media info, whether the change in her was a direct result of her relationship with a much older man.If it is to be known though, the man was well known as a goth and both sported profiles on Vampirefreaks.com. Iam not saying all goths are freaks or violent murderers, however the site itself seems to attract those of like mentality, as in the case of Montreal shooter Kimveer Gill, who was possibly idolized by Virginia Tech shooter, Cho.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

I whole heartedly agree... This argument about her being a female, yada, yada... means little to me. Girls in this day and age are just as vicious, if not more so than the guys are. If you don't believe that, go to youtube and watch videos of some of these "sweet, innocent girls," killing #!!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I whole heartedly agree... This argument about her being a female, yada, yada... means little to me. Girls in this day and age are just as vicious, if not more so than the guys are. If you don't believe that, go to youtube and watch videos of some of these "sweet, innocent girls," killing #!!

I don't think it has to do with her being female. It has to do with her being 12, and heavily influenced by her 23 year old pedophile boyfriend.

new topics

top topics

join