It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnomes Implicated in Reptilian Smuggling Ring

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Gnomes Implicated in Reptilian Smuggling Ring

www.smh.com.au

Customs and Quarantine officers have broken a smuggling racket in which snakes and lizards were sent as gifts, concealed in the hollow spaces of pottery figurines and garden gnomes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You can't make news like this up. So far, the addresses involved include: Blacktown, the Australia Post Gateway Facility at Clyde in Sydney's west, Britain, Wilberforce, and Sydney.

As one Quarantine Official stated, "Why the hell would someone want to smuggle coal to Newcastle?"

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nice thread title. I almost laughed when I read it. Then realized it was in the news section and had to find out what it was about. I really thought it was a joke at first. Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This has to be the most entertaining thread title ever!!!
Why do people aways want some other country's reptiles?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
OP, I wish there was an award for the most catchy tittle without stretching the truth.

You made my day.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Blessings,

I always knew those Gnomes looked too innocent to get away with their nefarious ways for long. Kind of like the Smufs and Calvin Klein.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Flagged and Starred just for the title!

I never trusted them little Gnomies either, they are tasty buggers though if you're to believe my good friend Utar who just so happens to be a bipedal mancow!

/WoWjoke

[edit on 10-7-2007 by sardion2000]

[edit on 10-7-2007 by sardion2000]

apc

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
While trying to control my giddy laughter I tried to explain the humor to a coworker. I don't think they get it.

So why do they even need to "smuggle" reptiles? Are they some sort of controlled import in Aus?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yeah, my own co-workers just looked at me blankly when I shared the title with them. I had to start explaining about "Reptilians" vs. "reptilians" and the whole mess, and I got one of those "Oh... heh..." sorta laughs that people get when they want you to quit explaining things.

I'm pretty sure that most countries have a set of wildlife importation restrictions, where they have to be checked against a "danger list", checked for signs of disease, held in quarantine for a few weeks/months, etc.

Why on Earth someone in Oz would want to have snakes and lizards smuggled in to them is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
hahahaha Thread title fooled me.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Was they guy smuggling the reptillians a grey? Greys reptillians and now evil gnomes. Hmmm, I wonder which level at Dulce house the gnomes? LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hysteriacal title! Bravo!!

Other news sources have had fun with the story and the title. This one's called "going postal -- snakes found in garden gnome":
www.abc.net.au...

I hope someone associated with the story has the last name of "gray" or "grey."

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I got tricked as well X_x, thought it involved midgets rather than garden gnomes at first xD, until I saw the article

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I know its a funny tittle had me fooled thinking it was reptoids from space but I seriously hate the thought poor animals are being taken and sent like that, its disgusting the way some people treat nature. I know for a fact Stevo would be angry as hell about this if he was still around to!

[edit on 10-7-2007 by Slickinfinity]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
To my knowledge it's usually the gnomes undertaking the smuggling and thievery, case in point:

www.youtube.com...

Forget reptiles, hide your underpants

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How sickening...those human elitists think they can do anything they want with these poor...defenseless reptilians.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
OK, let's not be one sided here. Let's give these gnome folks the benefit of the doubt. Maybe these reptilians were being *deported*.

And since we all know that reptoids like cool dark places hide, where better than inside a gnome.

And much like the movie "Alien" these brave gnomes were willing to sacrifice themselves to remove these vicious reptiles in a safer place for humanity's sake.

Sorry for you folks in the Down Under, but at least you would have died knowing that your Island Continent could keep these beasties isolated.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
*Entire auditorium erupts into fanatic applause*

O master of wit, I grovel at thy feet!

*throws self to ground*

Wayne and Garth: "We're not worthy, We're not worthy!"

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
just one question,

Did the Gnomes been implicated in the Reptilian smuggling Ring were nationals or just illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Fantastic posting job
You guys all crack me up, especially Libra explaining the office conundrum! Yep you get my vote too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join