It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preserved baby mammoth found in Siberia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is pretty cool, it says that its eyes and trunk are still intact but no intact DNA found, yet.
I say we will have one in a zoo within the next 5-10 years.

Full story

TSome scientists hold out hope that well preserved sperm or other cells containing viable DNA could be used to resurrect the mammoth.

Despite the inherent difficulties, Dr Agenbroad remains optimistic about the potential for cloning.

"When we got the Jarkov mammoth [found frozen in Taimyr, Siberia, in 1997], the geneticists told me: 'if you can get us good DNA, we'll have a baby mammoth for you in 22 months'," he told BBC News.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
This is pretty cool, it says that its eyes and trunk are still intact but no intact DNA found, yet.
I say we will have one in a zoo within the next 5-10 years.

While I know it's true, I feel that it would be a very bad idea. The first time may not have negative consequences, but once it start, where does it stop?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Who cares? You could clone a tyrannosaur today if you had the DNA and there would be no negative consequences.

Hell, we should use this to bring back the Passenger Pigeon!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think it would be pretty cool to bring back creatures from the prehistoric age. Now I gotta go watch Jurassic Park

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Who cares? You could clone a tyrannosaur today if you had the DNA and there would be no negative consequences.

Hell, we should use this to bring back the Passenger Pigeon!

I read that they had obtained some Tyrannosaurus DNA. Too bad people won't let them clone because it's "unethical".

top topics

join