It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Says, "Christian Churches not real Churches."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
What surprises me is the arrogance inherent in the popes statement - "we're the only real ones, the rest of you just copied us" - he'll be sticking out his tongue and going nah nah nah nah nah next.
But it's about what I expect from the vatican.

Still you don't get the point because bashing the the Vatican is sweeter. . .

Actually for your information is true what the pope may have or not hinted is truth.

Historically it was only one original Church, anything after that church are nothing that bastardized branches of the original.

Power corrupts,

Because people want it the power that the original church had and they wanted their own interpretations of the bible.

Sorry but that is the truth the bitter truth.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Way to go Pope Benedict, for causing more friction between religions. Not only has he offended muslims, now he offends other Christian Churches around the world.

The document, issued by a Vatican watchdog, has been criticised as offensive by some Protestants.

As a prodestant I find his remarks offensive. He has no right to say weither the Prodestant Church is a church or not, as for being called a Bastard child of the Catholic faith, Think that is very offensive also. Who said that the Catholic Church is the mother of all churches???? What gives him the right to dictate what is a Church and what is not.

He is no king, he is only a ponwint to Jesus, if Jesus did come back, I hope he would put Pope Rotwellier in his place, slap him down.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Funny how people of different religious views instead of uniting for a common goal of glorifying the Saviour and unified with one god for the good of humanity spend most of the time fighting with each other about what church is better than what church.

It's all about them being right, Marg... Most people couldn't care less what God wants or what the truth is. All most are concerned about is having their own personal beliefs validated. It's rather sad, honestly.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
The power of the pope is amazing. CNN is at this time reporting that there is a three alarm fire at the Freewill Baptist church in Baltimore.

Witnesses had said that a lightning bolt hit the steeple, starting the blaze.

Are you just joking?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well if my mind do not trick me historically the first deviation of the Catholic church was done because certain king wanted to practice divorce occurs the Catholic church didn't believe in divorces back then.

Don't you love how churches sprouted just to be able to practice their own version of Christianity.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by masqua
a three alarm fire at the Freewill Baptist church in Baltimore.

Are you just joking?

On the power of the pope, yes, on the fire, no... I watched the coverage just prior to Blitzer coming on at 4PM

edit to add...

Baltimore firefighters are battling a three-alarm blaze at a downtown church where a witness say lightning struck the steeple.

Fire spokesman Chief Kevin Cartwright says First Mount Olive Freewill Baptist Church in the 800 block of West Saratoga Street caught fire about 3 p.m. today.

Cartwright says a witness reported that lightning struck the steeple, which is where heavy fire is coming from.
link

[edit on 10/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Well if my mind do not trick me historically the first deviation of the Catholic church was done because certain king wanted to practice divorce occurs the Catholic church didn't believe in divorces back then.

Don't you love how churches sprouted just to be able to practice their own version of Christianity.

Actually, that's The Church of England, I believe the first "deviation" was Martin Luther's doctrine which created Lutheranism.

Also, Jesus did not create a church, just because the Catholic church says it's the first one doesn't make it any more correct. There were many other forms of Christianity before Catholicism. I suggest you do more research.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

And this could equally be said of catholocism - how much of the real teachings of jesus is in catholic teachings?

I'm no longer a catholic, but I do try and follow the teachings of jesus as best I can.
The catholic church teaches that I'm still part of their church - so they can tell me what I belong to and how to worship???

There's a lot of bad in this church, but equally there's a lot of good, I just don't believe that it is "the one true church".

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm just thrilled that the Vatican is coming out and reminding everyone that they are the ONLY REAL CHRISTIANS because all we are hearing here in the states all of time are evangelical/conservative/'born again' fundamentalists saying that only THEY are Christian. Quite amazingly, such bible thumpers do not consider Catholics christian -- yet, if it weren't for the Catholics, they wouldn't even have a bible to read from in the first place, yet alone even a religion!
And the fact that the bible they are using is not even the original text because so much of it has been changed by the Catholic Church before the Protestant Reformation even began, for these so-called christian groups to say that Catholics are not Christian is absurd because their whole belief system is from a book thats been carefully edited and interpolated by the Catholic Church since the 3rd century!

[edit on 10-7-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
One of my heros as a child was Father Damien who cared self-lessly for the lepers. This to me was a man of true faith, full of love for his fellow man, willing to give his life for the care of others. There are many such individuals within the Church who have shown enormous holiness and high moral standing. I have known a number of Catholics who were good people, but not one of them agreed entirely with the teachings of the Church. They knew it was flawed and I could never understand why they still followed.

The most unspeakable evil has been committed in the name of Roman Catholicism - how do followers reconcile themselves to that? Popes have thrown scorn on the teachings of Christ. They have committed countless murders, they have profited from suffering, they have started wars.

The Popes in the past were nothing more than collectors of taxes and war-mongers intent on world domination and religious hegemony.

In my mind let them have their Primacy if it so important to them. In this f**ked up world where people are being slaughtered and dying from starvation, if that is all they can think of, let them be the first among equals. The rest of us have got more to worry about than such petty considerations.

Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself - if that is the case then the Papacy has sent a very clear message over the centuries of how it wishes to be treated and it is about time someone heeded it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
People one thing we should remember is to take anything any religious leader preaches, say or divulge with a grain of salt.

For a person of faith to only trust their religious leaders and what they tell is the right thing and the only truth is as deceiving to faith as a politics are to a nation.

Faith is not about churches or religious leaders, faith a personal issue and anyone that is firm in his faith will dismiss any comments make by any other religious groups of any Christian denomination.

Because a faithful person can never allow spitefulness reach their inner sanctuaries where they are at peace with themselves and their god.

BTW I am of no religious affiliations or follow any religious believes.

Peace to all.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

And the fact that the bible they are using is not even the original text because so much of it has been changed by the Catholic Church before the Protestant Reformation even began, for these so-called christian groups to say that Catholics are not Christian is absurd because their whole belief system is from a book carefully edited and interpolations by the Catholic Church!!

Palasheea, I wish I could give you A WAT on that... You will be receiving a star for that post.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Even as a member of the fundamentalist Church of Christ, I don't think Catholics are going to hell. Why isn't the feeling mutual?

BTW, I don't think the Pope speaks for all Catholics.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
ALL OTHER THINGS ASIDE ; .... If you knew there was a God ... and knew who he was and what he wanted ... How would he or would he want you to go out and tell people about him ? Why ? You found him !!! Didn't you ? How did you find him ? Was it from another person ??? Hmmm INTRIGUING TO ME

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry, as far as we can tell, there is no evidence of significant Bible change over time.

www.christiananswers.net...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I'm sorry, as far as we can tell, there is no evidence of significant Bible change over time.

www.christiananswers.net...

So say the powers that be within the "Christian" faith... they cannot deny history though...:shk:

[edit on 10-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Speaker, if you have evidence to the contrary, I'd like to see it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
now

we see why infinite no longer goes to Church and refuse to link his to a Christian organisation.

I have faith in God, not orgranised religion.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have faith in God and through my own extraordinary experiences, I have had the privilege to KNOW that Jesus existed and that Jesus himself is the face of God.
But I remain a religious agnostic who's on a personal journey to explore those texts about Jesus before the Catholic Church got their hands on it and changed it. The TRUTH IS OUT THERE AND I AIM TO FIND IT!

[edit on 10-7-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I love it when people say all sorts of tidbits of information ... And try to connect them together through Idiocracy ... and then when you ask for proof or some sort of supporting details; They up and POOF !!!! (DISAPEAR)

But I will help him somewhat ......... There were many other books that were supposed to be in the bible ... Or at least that is some men's account of the situation .... If God left men in deliberations over what books to be in the bible ... I wonder What those men could have ROYALLY messed up .... Although I am sure they were underneath the divine order of God.

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Speaker, if you have evidence to the contrary, I'd like to see it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join