It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Says, "Christian Churches not real Churches."

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Motion-Man
They'll listen to a muslim talk about the Koran for hours because they ultimatley don't believe it, and in their own minds know it is not true, so there's no debate in their own mind. But subconsiously, everyone knows Jesus exists and people don't want to accept it.

If they're "listening to a muslim talk about the Koran for hours" then wouldn't they also hear about Jesus as well, or did you just make this assumption up?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
His superstitious, human worshipping, mind control cult, based on lies, mass murder, 200,000,000 in 2000 years, is the only true cult. Hail the pope.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
We are ALL gods. Equal to all things. Neither superior or inferior to anything. There are no new or old souls. When we wake up to this we will get somewhere otherwise it's all opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
God is not real. Jesus never existed. The world/universe is a real bad place. Oi cripple get up and walk.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Motion-Man
But subconsiously, everyone knows Jesus exists and people don't want to accept it.
[edit on 24-7-2007 by Motion-Man]

So very true. What amazes me even more is people that say he doesn't exist and he never was etc etc etc but when something goes wrong they don't say "Satan you @ss" they will almost always swear and moan at God and why do God let this happen and "Jesus C.... WHY does this always happen to me".

So the truth of the matter is simple, everyone believes in him or they wouldn't curse him every time something goes wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by leeda
God is not real. Jesus never existed. The world/universe is a real bad place. Oi cripple get up and walk.

Well i guess you have absolutely nothing to be worried about then. When you are laying on your death bed one day you may suddenly change your mind at the fear of the unknown. I have heard of this time and time again when the worst of people suddenly back track on their "beliefs" and ask forgiveness etc. It's not uncommon.

It is actually, and this is just my opinion, quite scary to think that we do not believe in a higher power. Perhaps i am the one who is wrong, but i would rather have believed and not seen than not believed and have a very uncertain conclusion to life and a rude awakening to what MAY be.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Exactly, you got it right.

As we say, other denominations have the faith - but we Catholics have the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The pope is just staying true to the doctrine that appointed him and that he must adhere to as the leader of his orginization. I beleive that they are christian social groups anyways. The concept of a group being a church is to strict of a notion for institutions of worship that have little to no guide lines on the interpretation of thair sacred texts...i.e the bible.
In reality social orginizations with moral rules of conduct and sanctioned unacceptable forms of conduct are products of society. In contrast churches are better associated with "open" places of worship regardless of social standing. They may have rules as well but those rules are usually more for the filtering of those willing to follow doctrine and those who are not. This is an issue of stability and infostructure more than an issue of validity. If the pope gave any form of validity to these groups the already fractured catholic church would have ...yet again ...a divide within itself. Dealing the final blow as the american catholic church splits from the vatican and joins the protistants, whose mass -the core of their fath- is already identical to the catholic novus ordu mass. but thats another issue all together..

Pope bennedict has the charge of liberating the catholic church from its freemason ties. Almost all of its infostructure has been compromised by many of its clergy joining free masonry as well as other social groups as a result of newly accepted changes in the church after vatican 2. while most social groups would benefit the church this, one freemasonry, in particular has a bad history with the catholics. It is beleived that many clergy men were the victims of a wave of recruting that in the mid 50's took its toll on the catholics by the underming of its sacred institution of holy mass. The reason for this is that many changes made were done so without the approval from the vatican, in particular by the american catholics. The creation of the missal, dividing the psalms and hyms into to separate parts. This as well as the omission of entire sections of prayers, untoched for hundreds of years, has had a detramental effect on the church. Inconsistancies as well as satanic influences from its own ministers have made fruitful the plan devised in the late 1800's by the masons calling for just that. The spread off christian denominations in america is evedence of the american catholics working against themselves purposely to this exact effect. Those that would be catholics because of a predisposition of their families to catholisism are spoon fed truths made true by the active efforts of its ministers playing the part of the inconsistant week church. This has made a decentralized church whose leaders dont speak out against its "enemies" and whose main figure head, until recently, lived in fear of his own advisers. Ask your self why europe hasnt had the need to make countless christian "social groups" like the US has.

American cathoics have a loose life style beeing accepted here by the priests who swear oaths to not let that sort of thing happen. The church here will not need to be unified to the roman cathiolic church that doesnt allow things like contraception, abortion, etc., that american catholics see as ok. In due time the church will be stifled out. without traditions and rules there is chaos. While that may be ok for certain things as part of the unavoidable, for an institution like the church, it is suicide. Then all of its good goes with it...leaving room anything...even what would previously be considered evil....just so long as it fills the void...and thats the plan.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TradCatholic Exactly, you got it right. As we say, other denominations have the faith - but we Catholics have the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH.

Ah, actually, no you don't.

What you catholics have got, is a bastardisation of all the scriptures and a corruption of what Emperor Constantine (Pope Constantine I) created and, more importantly, the teachings of Jesus and what he stood for.

What the catholic church has done, is ignore the teachings of Jesus and built their churches to the glory of their sect - not to the glory of God.

I am sure that should Jesus ever make his second coming, he'd excommunicate the Pope and all his followers.

The true religion? The true faith? Don't make me laugh

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Doesn't every denomination claim that they are the only one? I think they do this to try to assert themselves over everyone else, in a bid to attract more followers. Scratch that, I know that's why they do this. I've seen far too many denominations do this for that explicit purpose to deny it.

Honestly, I'm a non-denominational Christian, because I don't believe that anyone has the whole truth, simply because everyone bases their beliefs off of a certain religious bias. Every denomination does this, which is why we get this rivalry. They all are groups of like-minded people that have no other desire than to convert the masses.

Quite honestly, it's time to knock that off. There's no where that the Good Word hasn't been on at least one occasion. It's time that we stop this squabbling, and just accept people's differences for what they are. Otherwise, we're destined to continue this nonsensical bickering until we're all dead.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It's kind of sad how he thinks he can decide whose religion is correct and whose isn't because of his "power". I know what I believe, and that's exactly it, it's what I believe.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am so sick of religious religousity. Who offed JP1 hmmmmmm, was it Satan or was it Mafia/Vatican sanction of the Vatican bank that got bitch slapped in 1982.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It is all written. This pope is just a puppet of the wicked one ( Benjermin Creme) The servent of satan.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So it is written, so it shall be
The fifth letter of fatima has never been divulged. And everything will be in antithesis.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
LMAO. Im gonna take spiritual advice and TRUE RELIGION = THIS NOT THAT. From a guy that wears a big white hat and lives in a city inside a city?!?! Whatever god/goddess/gods/goddessess/lack or nonexistence there of, I very much doubt would tell or care what a little man wearing a big hat says. (I dont mean to offend any Catholics, your belief is yours to have and i dont mean to belittle.) All it boils down to is, when we die we will find out, and if you die and thats it, I dont think we will worry about it to much then

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
it was known before its creation that the church was the anti christ, the visions received by some in the bible showed them years before its creation. Atheists, respond to that?

what stupid right does a fat man in a stupid dress have to say about god?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Some churches think the Catholic Church along with its Hitler Youth turned Pope are the antichrist.

Truly the best churches are the small ones that have no connecttion to the Mega church entities.

Not a christian myself but isnt there supposed to be no way into heaven except through Jesus Christ meaning you dont really need a church in the first place?

This is the truth, if you are a Christian... Jesus is the bridge to God, Christ is the key to life. Not an offering plate... Not a man behind a screen listening to your pain.

God is not organized religion.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You are the Temple of God. God isn't in the building, but the believer. Whereever 2 or more are gathered in His name, there He is in the midst of them, which doesn't mean He's not there if there aren't 2.

What this amounts to, frankly, is an example of the same issues that confronted Yeshua (Jesus) during His Earth ministry: Hundreds of years of believing man made and inspired concepts, which had been carried to the nth degree, and called "the Law", but which in reality, were just a bunch of man made laws.
Yes, Moses was inspired. Yes, Paul was inspired. But infallible? Not in their lifetimes.

Notice how Yeshua keeps re-examining the Laws as pronounced by Moses, such as the example regarding divorce. What did Yeshua basically prove in His statement? That Moses was a faulty man, who knowing the faultiness of humanity in general, had provided laws to placate the people, laws that were tailored for the times. This is also what Paul did. He tailored his epistles with time-sensitive information, just like any pastor, preacher or your neighbor might do. These were human beings. And so is the Pope.

Yeshua's words are the only valid words on this planet. And, thankfully, you can have the living word via the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, not just a book with the ideas of men in it.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by undo]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

so many different churches with so many different leaders and many different doctrines so obviously they all cannot be the one true church-----------what would you look for in the bible to tell you how to indentify the church/assembly of G-D?well they would follow the Messiahs teachings--------He said matthew 5:17do not think that i came to abolish the law or the prophets---i did not18 till heaven and earth pass away not the smallest shall pass from the law until all is accomplished.19 whoever annuls one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven.so how many churches do you know of that havent annuled one of the least of G-Ds laws and not only annuled but teaches its denial of G-Ds laws?lets take one law ----how about the sabbath day----the biblical sabbath day is saturday-----it was never sunday and never will be.how does G-D say we are specifically supposed to worship Them leviticus23----these are Their times of worship-------cant find no easter xmas halloween valentines sunday etc.how about what is lawfull to eat and what is not leviticus 11 and deuteronomy 14-----pork rabbit shell fish lobster crab-----still not lawfull to eat-------exodus 20 the 10 commandments again you find the sabbath day=saturday and the last commandment that gives a hint of why we want to change G-Ds laws so we can do what we want to do without being bossed around-----thou shalt not covet-----we want what we want and thats that come hell or high water ! i suppose it wouldnt matter if we could keep ourselves alive forever but we cant ------only G-D can give us an everlasting life BUT They only give that to those that obey Their laws.i am not the member of any physical religious organization because i cant find one that keeps all of G-Ds laws-----i can find a few that come close but not one that is perfect-------the catholic church teachings take it to the opposite end far far away from the few that come close to doing all that G-D says.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

you became an atheist and can see how childish the religions of the world are-----yes you are right about the religions of this world-----they are the religions of the god of this world---matthew 4:8-9---luke 4:5-6.the religions of this world are not G-Ds religion. i have a question for you----why would you be interested in looking into a topic that you hate?there are websites out there that teach all kinds of things i wouldnt be interested in either--------i wouldnt waste one second punching the keys to check on something i thought offended my sensibilities-------so for you to comment here i take it you are still wondering about G-D?if you want to find G-D start keeping Their laws and see how other people you know start reacting to you-------be prepared to lose all your friends because they think you've lost it ! start keeping G-Ds sabbath/saturday instead of the god of this worlds sunday--------try not keeping this worlds gods xmas that will make you quite unpopular with your family and friends as well------if you had any left by starting to keep saturday as sabbath.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join