Pope Says, "Christian Churches not real Churches."

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

It would have been done, had the Pope known it. Pope John Paul is a St and would have opened up a can of woop ass on them. (literary woop ass, not physical woop ass, by excommunicating him)

Is a St? Storm Trooper

Excommunicating? Not communicating.

www.youtube.com...

Come to the dark side with the new Roman Catholic Empire, Luke.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by realanswers]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers

Is a St? Storm Trooper

Excommunicating? Not communicating.

www.youtube.com...

Come to the dark side with the new Roman Catholic Empire, Luke.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by realanswers]

Oy, as they say.

ST- Saint. And John Paul never knew anything baout it until it was brought him and then he took action. Its not the Pope's fault when a pervert becomes a priest. Its where ever he was learning to be one it. That institution should have known what was going to happen.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

it's no different than when an Imam says that only Islam is the true religion, or if a Rabbi were to say Judaism is the true religion. It's very offensive to those excluded by such statements and they bare no truth in them what so ever. Just because the Pope says something doesn't make it true.

Obviously the Pope would say that only Catholics follow the true religion, he's the leader of all Catholics. He certainly isn't a follower of Jesus.

Have we ever known Jesus to be exclusive?

BINGO! Yes - Exactly! Good Job Shadowflux. Ha, "Infallible" - it STILL makes me LAUGH!

Jimbo999 - you are Partially Correct. St. Paul did preach in Rome - but that was at the end of his Career & he got Executed in Rome. The Vatican derives their supposed Authority from
St. Peter - because of that one line in the Gospels = You are Peter the "Rock", and on this rock I will build my Church.

St. Peter also went to Rome to preach. He was also executed there - crucified as well actually. Peter requested to be Crucified Upsidedown because he felt that he wasn't worthy to be Crucified in the same manner as Jesus (i.e. in the normal ROMAN manner). The Building that he was Crucified Upsidedown next to in Rome became the Vatican eventually - after the Romans changed their minds about Jesus/Christians & stopped feeding them to the Lions & lighting them on Fire & stuff.

Interestingly enough St. Paul's Theology had a LOT of Gnostic influence in it - but it ultimately falls onto the Orthodox @ the end of the day - as does Roman Catholic Theology!

[edit on 21-7-2007 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well the Pope is the Anti-Christ and serves Satan. they also think didling kids is Godly, and it is if you serve Satan and it is also true they are not REAL churches in the way of his, real churches in his sect serve satan and prey on kids..

END OF STORY

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I'm just thrilled that the Vatican is coming out and reminding everyone that they are the ONLY REAL CHRISTIANS because all we are hearing here in the states all of time are evangelical/conservative/'born again' fundamentalists saying that only THEY are Christian. Quite amazingly, such bible thumpers do not consider Catholics christian -- yet, if it weren't for the Catholics, they wouldn't even have a bible to read from in the first place, yet alone even a religion!
And the fact that the bible they are using is not even the original text because so much of it has been changed by the Catholic Church before the Protestant Reformation even began, for these so-called christian groups to say that Catholics are not Christian is absurd because their whole belief system is from a book thats been carefully edited and interpolated by the Catholic Church since the 3rd century!

- thanks again for pointing that out! I find it all very Amusing & entertaining!

Zorgon - can you please summarize the contents of the "Wisdom of Solomon" for us - or at-least provide a link? Thanks!

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Pope isn't the antichrist. There is no antichrist. Hell, I am beginning to lean to, doesn't exist. Or is just a sub-dimensional realm.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I guess nobody paid attention to my post, so I will repost:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does the fact that the holy light is given only to orthodox priests not mean anything to you all?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Benedict is a mafia godfather in designer red slippers.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am utterly dissapointed and disgusted by the Popes claims. Especially when past Popes lifted the ban on Freemasonry in the Vatican, he has no right to make such claims. As Im positive he didnt try making any changes in the Vatican in general.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I still say that the Pope has a right to an opinion. Just like the rest of the world, he does in fact have one.

To be fair though, we all know what they say about opinions....

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
He said - other faiths don't have APOSTOLIC SUCCESSION - therefore they are not true 'churches' in that sense.... IN THAT SENSE. Whew!! I thought for a moment there that I was going to have to be an apologist for the Catholic church
As a Protestant, I don't understand the Catholic bashing I see... I love my Catholic brothers and sisters, and am glad to have them fighting on the side of God in the battle for souls. Lest you think me naive, I do understand quite clearly many of our theological differences... Protestents believe in Sola Scriptura, because we believe that men have through the ages corrupted the original teachings much like the Pharisees in their time had made the rules of men greater than the actual Word of God. Of course, the division in our churches and sheer number of denominations shows the fallacy of this approach. The Catholic Church believes in Scripture also, but in harmony with the inspired teachings of an historic succession of the saints and leaders of the church. The deviations between some of these beliefs and scripture shows the weakness of this approach. I don't know what the answer is, but it is my sincere prayer that we will again be one church; hopefully before our Lord comes back and forces the issue :-)

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerSeven
...As a Protestant, I don't understand the Catholic bashing I see... I love my Catholic brothers and sisters, and am glad to have them fighting on the side of God in the battle for souls.

I think Catholic bashing will never end, well not in our life time, and i also believe that the bashing of other religions will also never cease. This is unfortunate but TruthSeekerSeven, great post.
I believe we are all on the same planet and i believe, no matter what the books say, there can only be one God and i believe that MOST religions, regardless of what they call him, pray to the same creator/God.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

END OF STORY

Are you such a hypocrite? Didn't you just get warned for spewing off at the mouth about people who bash Israel, and how they should be prosecuted? *cough* Now you are here slanderizing and generalizing 2.2 billion people's faith. I'm sure you are chalked full of integrity.

I personally don't care for either, but your position is without credibility.

AAC

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
People should remember that, without corrupt support from Benito Mussolini, the Vatican City would not exist and, I suspect, the Roman Catholic Church would, perhaps, have died a peaceful death in pre-war Italy, due in no small part to the Fascisti movement.

Mussolini and the then Pope, made a deal in which the Catholic Church was allowed to keep the Vatican which was given diplomatic status, in order to stop the church from speaking out against Fascism in general and Mussolini in particular.

For my part, having been christened a Roman Catholic, I came to loathe and detest the so called 'Church' who has caused so much suffering throughout the world during during the time of the Spanish Inquisition, the conquest of South America, and the continued support of Paedophile priests and bishops, whilst seemingly to grow out of touch with the modern way of life and the common people.

The Roman Catholic church preaches about this and that, forbids abortions irrespective of whether or not a woman has been raped, forbids contrception on the grounds that sex is for breeding and 'not for pleasure' and is so wrapped up in the past, that I often wonder what the purpose of this church is.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I could also say that 'religion is not real....ity'

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's the problem its not just cathics. Its all Christain religion. Most churches have a wrong believe. Come think about "If you dont follow us your going to hell"

God said that if you faith in him and believe in his SON that you have life after death.

There are people in every christain religion saved. Just because you believe something wrong and were not tot different, God wont destroy your soul. If you have a good heart and try to do good. What the differents. Did you save a soul. We got most christian who say Jesus is God, but thats not true, some of them will be saved for there works and saving souls, and there faith.

But to say just the cathics are corrupting minds is not all true. Yes the cathics I would say to watch out for. I dont personal believe in the polp, the polps sits on a up side down cross, and holds in his hands a bent cross. Nither do I see right. Remember hitler was a jew made christian, Hitler hang out with the polp, so we got a known killer and a known suppostable holy man hanging out with the killer. Some how this was not write.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Well the Pope is the Anti-Christ and serves Satan....

I agree. I have been lightly following the events of our age. and the pope recently found a way to "unite" all faiths (being, catholic, muslim, budism,etc.) excluding only one, Jesus. Jesus is the only one excluded, and people really hate hearing about Jesus. They'll listen to a muslim talk about the Koran for hours because they ultimatley don't believe it, and in their own minds know it is not true, so there's no debate in their own mind. But subconsiously, everyone knows Jesus exists and people don't want to accept it.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Motion-Man]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Its sad cuz not every knows. There are alot of people in this world that never ever heard the name Jesus or God. And there are people that read the koran and believe in the koran. I live in Job Corps and live with Aficans that are deep believers in the koran.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Its sad cuz not every knows. There are alot of people in this world that never ever heard the name Jesus or God. And there are people that read the koran and believe in the koran. I live in Job Corps and live with Aficans that are deep believers in the koran.

Do you mind explaining what you mean?

AAC

new topics
top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join