It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Says, "Christian Churches not real Churches."

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
But Jesus did indeed say that he did not intend to found a church, just a way of life to get to heaven.

Actually no, He said the opposite.

Matthew16:[16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
[17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

He said he's bulding a church(Not a denomination or building but a people) and it's not built on Peter, it's built on the truth found in Peter's statement, that Jesus is the answer/way/God.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

so we become a dead religion,

It's a dead religion because it does not tell the truth of how someone is saved.

I hope you leave it and find the truth, because you won't find it there.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Do you know what "church: meant in those days? It meant assembly. Jesus wanted people to be part of his assembly of people, or his way of life, his flock. Jesus said convert them all to his way of life; bring light to their lives. Basically, he didn't see it as a new religion, just a part of Judaism. A revival of what God wanted. "Go out and spread the good news" the good news being that everyone was saved. Before Jesus died, you went to hell either way. Now, you are saved as long as you follow the Golden rule.

Oh yea, I was born Christian and I'll die a Christian.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Do you know what "church: meant in those days? It meant assembly.

"Go out and spread the good news" the good news being that everyone was saved. Before Jesus died, you went to hell either way. Now, you are saved as long as you follow the Golden rule.

People make up an assembly, I said the church is people.

The good news is that Jesus took your punishment for your sins so you don't have too, if you choose to believe and accept that.

Before Jesus you didn't go to hell either way. Actually no one has ever yet gone to hell, Hades yes, hell no.

You are lost and headed for hell if you follow the golden rule, because a person isn't saved by works but by faith in Christ, plus you can't follow the golden rule. Remember you called me an idiot, which is murder.

I'm not trying to put you on the defensive I merely want you to realize the truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A) thats why confession was created
B) I believe Jesus is the lord thy savior, so I'm covered.
C) I cannot be perfect. I'm obviously going to have to kill when the NAU (North American Union) Is formed and a revolution starts.
(Not that I'll join it thy government overlords
)

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

B) I believe Jesus is the lord thy savior, so I'm covered.

You are catholic, correct?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes, catholic, Christian, protisant. Its all the same to me. I believe that Jesus it my lord and savior. I may have some issues with other sects. But their all saved In my book based on what the bible says.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

But Jesus did indeed say that he did not intend to found a church, just a way of life to get to heaven.

and then the Christian cult that subdued all the other Christian cults,
(known today as Catholics) told/convinced the believers to accept
the doctrine that the 'Church' is actually the "Mystical Body of Christ"

talk about Mystery Babylon... !

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, it looks like "The Roman Catholic Empire strikes back."

When do we get to see Darth Vader comment on this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I take offence to people making fun of my religion, but what can ya do when history shows it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The abolition of organized religion would seem most important, however, there are logical people out there like you and I that are conscientious about their religion and institution, and mediate their beliefs to a great extent. It's hard to take away something from people that find nothing wrong in their practices, and don't interfere in the lives and practices of others. Those people mostly aim to benefit personal... 'spiritual' development.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I'm sorry, as far as we can tell, there is no evidence of significant Bible change over time.

Look up "John's Comma" (aka "Comma Johanneum").

I think many people here are forgetting that the Pope doesn't speak for all Christians. The pope was elected to be the pope, just like a political system. He's not pope because he's the descendant of Jesus, or because he has a better understanding of the Bible than anyone else; anyone can open the bible and read the same teachings that the Pope reads from.

And just like politics where politicians defend their type of government and say it's the only one that will work in the world, the Pope did the same with his church.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
And just like politics where politicians defend their type of government and say it's the only one that will work in the world, the Pope did the same with his church.

I am Catholic and yes, the church is run by the Pope, but I do not believe that he speaks for all Catholics ALL the time. I have to agree with you DJMessiah, he is doing what he thinks is best as the head or leader of the church. He is not a descendant of Jesus or God. There are members of the church that look up to him to do the "right" thing and perhaps it sometimes goes against his grain - i am not defending him, but he has to realise he cannot make statements and not expect some retort at times.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Pope Benedict XVI, isnt just promoting the Vatacan's Church,

He firmly believes that the Roman-Catholic-Church
being the first Faith citing and adopting the Apostolic_Constitutions
see: en.wikipedia.org...
and Trintarian Belief as springing from early Church Doctrine
after the legalization of Christianity by Emperor Constantine I.

and since other faiths don't embrace these numberous
"Apostolic Constitutions"
they are not following the proper 'Doctrine' for attaining Salvation
~or so the Pope says~

also see (in the wikipedia menu...for starters)

* Antitrinitarianism
* Arianism
* William_Whiston

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Pope Benedict XVI, isnt just promoting the Vatacan's Church,

He firmly believes that the Roman-Catholic-Church
being the first Faith citing and adopting the Apostolic_Constitutions
see: en.wikipedia.org...
and Trintarian Belief as springing from early Church Doctrine
after the legalization of Christianity by Emperor Constantine I.

and since other faiths don't embrace these numberous
"Apostolic Constitutions"
they are not following the proper 'Doctrine' for attaining Salvation
~or so the Pope says~

also see (in the wikipedia menu...for starters)

* Antitrinitarianism
* Arianism
* William_Whiston

Ah its all the same to me. They believe in Jsesus as I do, so I couldn't care about what sect they are from.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I love it when people put words in Politicians mouths ... Then we are suppose to just go on agreeing with whatever the OP says.

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I'm sorry, as far as we can tell, there is no evidence of significant Bible change over time.

Look up "John's Comma" (aka "Comma Johanneum").

I think many people here are forgetting that the Pope doesn't speak for all Christians. The pope was elected to be the pope, just like a political system. He's not pope because he's the descendant of Jesus, or because he has a better understanding of the Bible than anyone else; anyone can open the bible and read the same teachings that the Pope reads from.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It seems to me that a real Christian church wouldn't cover for child molesters. It seems to me that a real Christian church would ex-communicate pedophiles.

So. Where does that put the Catholic church?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This upsets me I see a guy somedays in the local town center and he does his thing about God to all that would hear him, I know he is not catholic but still does what he can. Is the pope trying to say his good works are in vain?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
It seems to me that a real Christian church wouldn't cover for child molesters. It seems to me that a real Christian church would ex-communicate pedophiles.

So. Where does that put the Catholic church?

It would have been done, had the Pope known it. Pope John Paul is a St and would have opened up a can of woop ass on them. (literary woop ass, not physical woop ass, by excommunicating him)

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
None and I repeat none of the man-made churches are 'real.'

A church is a house of God. God does not live in a building of stone, but in all living things.

It would be more appropriate to consider yourself a church and stop worshipping outside of it.

While I don't believe in any religion, Christianity included, I thought some of the followers of Yeshua would find this interesting:

"The greatest evil being now committed in My Son's House is denying His divinity, defiling His sacred Body, casting mockery upon it, allowing immorality to enter into My Son's House."

www.tldm.org...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join