It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Says, "Christian Churches not real Churches."

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I will make it really simple for everyone.

Humans are far from brilliant.

Their "religion" is not perfect.

They say "GOD is the Master, creator, omni-powerful" etc.

Yet then they claim that only one text, or one book or "their" church or their "leader" their "pope" etc is the right one......

WTF???????????????????????????

You can not say GOD is Master and Creator of all then in the next breath say something else GOD created has no meaning, no value or is of a lower order then YOUR PERSONAL BELIEF.....

I am going to create a new "religion" based on the facts, we will call it ONE

ONE

Thats it, there will be no words in the book of ONE, as there would never be enough pages to fully list every text, every teaching, every word spoken to the believers of ONE.

This means there would be no instructions, no eddicts (spl?), no chants, no songs that will categorize the religion of ONE.

This means there will also be no teachings that could possibly say how some other teaching is not correct or is invalidated or wrong.

Do you understand ?

"your" GOD can not be the Master of everything and then have no power or authority in the creation of something that YOU are trying to discount.

For all things GOD is the Master of.

Otherwise your "religion" is false, for your GOD is less powerful then you claim.

Did "your" GOD allow the creation of say Mormons only to give you a target for you to chastise ????? To allow you to show how shallow of a human being you are to make a fool of yourself by claiming you know all or more then GOD has authority over ?????

If we are ALL GOD's Creations then how can any religion that supports the destruction of another people based soley on whether or not they believe in your collection of cannon's be correct ? As this is surely saying it is YOU that does not trust that GOD did indeed create all things to be equal. ie ALL is of GOD....

it is then YOU the human, the hypocrite, that is in error.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
"your" GOD can not be the Master of everything and then have no power or authority in the creation of something that YOU are trying to discount."

It's called freedom of choice. God allows all to exist because he allows us choice. If we choose not to heed His Word the it is our decision to do so.

If He just made us all Christians for example then we no longer can choose, we are just what He decides us to be.

Although, as a Christian I see things a certain way it doesn't mean that I insult those that believe otherwise. It's not the person, it's the action or belief.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by jbondo]

[edit on 11-7-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Obscure Link

AAC

Thanks. That was a very interesting read.

[edit on 2007/7/11 by GradyPhilpott]

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Originally posted by Leyla

Well Its supposed to be. I did some checking that some books were left out ordered by Cadbury in 1885. Have to find that again and I will post the link backing this claim.

I would also like see what you come up with Leyla, and hopefully which books were left out if you could find that as well. Thanks,

I'm still looking but I found this- just say it something I didn't expect to find. This find has done nothing but leave me confused.

The book that were left out of the KJV was the Apocrypha or the Deuterocanonical books.

www.evangelicaloutreach.org...

mb-soft.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Might want to try the William Tyndale.... Oh gee take a look at this...

wesley.nnu.edu...

They have to be kidding..

wesley.nnu.edu...

This one has more but is not much better then the first. Terrible spellers. No wonder the Bible is off.

I give up...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
If we choose not to heed His Word the it is our decision to do so.

Heed who's words ?????

1 author ? a "church's" revision, an apostle, a pope ???

You as well as every other religion have missed my point.

ALL

ALL

every word every person every particle in existence.

Otherwise "your" god is not GOD.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There has been some speculation on this thread as to Benedict's motives for making this statement. I think the answer is simple-the Catholic Church will not last much longer unless its adherents believe it has a monopoly on religious truth!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

You as well as every other religion have missed my point.

every word every person every particle in existence.

Otherwise "your" god is not GOD.

Robert,

My personal feeling is that each creator or god is a different manifestation of the same creative force meant to relate to different people of different geological and historical backgrounds. Eastern thought and philosophy is vastly different from that of the West and many western concepts may be lost on an Eastern thinker. There have also been different manifestations for different periods in history due to the different references and level of understanding for people of the time.

Our level of understanding has increased vastly since Jesus lived 2000 years ago and we now need a new way of thinking of our Creator, science has given us a new spiritual language that is equally as complicated and hard to understand as any religious text. Yet, even science can not fully explain the most profound mysteries of life on this and other planets. Often times science comes off as mystical and magical as the Gospels can be at time.

I've never proclaimed that the Christian God is the only god, I've always loved studying different theologies and philosophies and have a great respect for other's beliefs.

There is a passage in the book of Acts where all the apostles are annointed by the Holy Spirit and begin speaking in different languages, ones they had not known previously. However, the onlookers and listeners understood the language of their home land and were then able to understand the teachings of the apostles.

I believe it to be much like that. God speaks to each of us in our own way, for some it is fire and brimstone, for some it's Aramaic, for some Vulgate, for some English, for others it's in the beauty of the sunset and the rustling of the wind through the trees, for others it's in the perfect balance of the cycle of nature, perhaps it's in the stars for some, for some it's science. No matter the language we are all looking for the same answer and seeking to be closer to that which created us no matter what form it takes for you.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I didn't mean to post this here, but seeing as its related to the subject I will.

I have one issue with 'God' and that is - if he's omnipotent and he gives us free will, why did he make it the way he did in the first place?

We are given no choice that is our own, we must either side with the Devil against God, or with God against the Devil, and either burn for eternity, or waste our earthly life in praise for someone who, being omnipotent could have not bothered with humans in the first place.

IF He truly wanted us to choose, then he would have given us a third choice - believe neither. We could live our lives here and now and then just die, be buried and not spend an eternity anywhere, just rot into the ground. A choice is not a choice if you have two equally bad 50/50 suggestions. I don't want to be a pawn of ANYONE regardless (that I believe in God and I'm Christian as much as I can, is my choice in the circumstances).

Why create man if he knew we would rebel? I would have thought he could have equally have not planted the trees in the garden or guarded them, it's just, well, words fail to get my point across. I would rather have been MADE to serve him without choice, than to have to choose if it doesn't end up being a choice either way when I finally make it.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I found more links to confirm this- I think the Pope has a screw loose.

www.signonsandiego.com...

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

news.google.com...

[edit on 7/11/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
I found more links to confirm this- I think the Pope has a screw loose.

www.signonsandiego.com...

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

news.google.com...
[edit on 7/11/2007 by Leyla]

the first article you linked was/seemed, at least substantial...

the following two articles were ambigious 'Fluff' as i read them.

thanks,

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
First of all...don't lie....there's lots of catholics that think the Pope is the next thing to god/Jesus and they pretty much believe anything that comes out of the Vatican.
Not to undermine the psycho religious nuts we got here in America who take their kids to 'Jesus camp' to have them brainwashed by some gluttonous hag.

And while Catholicism may have been the first institutionalized christian cult, there were other christian sects that had been thriving well before. Shall we forget what the Catholics did about all those gnostic heretics? Just an early sample into it's bloody history.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Truth = what is; watch this video and learn something:

www.ewtn.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeylaNo wonder the Bible is off.

I give up...

Don't give up yet...

In the books of the Apocrypha you will find one in particular that I would advise you to read. The Wisdom of Solomon

Now the bible says Solomon was one of the wisest Kings of his time, yet a book about Wisdom written by him was left out of modern versions.

Why? Trust me read this one...

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by zorgon
I have it on real good authority that somewhere deep in the Vatican lie the true teachings of Jesus... Apparently releasing these documents would cause a major rift in Church attendance....

Good authority? Jack Chick?

If laughter makes you feel better go for it
but it does not change the truth

The source I refer to is Rosicrucian... and interestingly enough the video I posted by David Hughes also confirms this and actually has images of the documents. It is also interesting that the video is very recent. The tracking of Jesus to India in old Sanskrit documents bears up what I discovered over 30 years ago, but had no proof.

This is going to be an interesting Quest. Any volunteers? U2U me

Written on the wall of a church in Germany, attributed to St. Germain

Ye call me Master and obey me not.
Ye call me Light and see me not.
Ye call me the Way and walk it not.
Ye call me Right and desire it not.
Ye call me Wise and follow me not.
Ye call me Fair and love me not.
Ye call me Eternal and seek me not.
Ye call me Gracious and trust me not.
Ye call me Just and fear me not.
We give you Love, 'tis all we've got.
For Love unties the Gordian Knot.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
St Germain aka the traveller i was wondering when someone was guying to tie him back to Jesus.

There is a reason for the connection you know.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The Apocrypha

Apocrypha means 'hidden things' in Greek. The Apocryphical books of the Bible fall into two categories: texts which were included in some canonical version of the Bible at some point, and other texts of a Biblical nature which have never been canonical.

The New Testament Apocrypha are those writings that were written by ancient Christians that were not accepted into the New Testament, while the Old Testament Apocrypha consist of Jewish documents that were not accepted into the Old Testament.

New Testament Apocrypha

www.earlychristianwritings.com...

Old Testament Apocrypha: "Profitable and good to read." Martin Luther

www.piney.com...

Deuterocanonical Apocrypha

www.sacred-texts.com...

And to be fair... a Catholic Source

The scope of this article takes in those compositions which profess to have been written either by Biblical personages or men in intimate relations with them. Suchknown works as the Shepherd of Hermas, the Epistle of Barnabas, the Didache (Teaching) of the Twelve Apostles, and the Apostolic Canons and Constitutions, though formerly apocryphal, really belong to patristic literature, and are considered independently.

The Catholic Encyclopedia

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
There has been some speculation on this thread as to Benedict's motives for making this statement. I think the answer is simple-the Catholic Church will not last much longer unless its adherents believe it has a monopoly on religious truth!!!

You are most likely right on there. The Mormons have been doing a similar thing. I see ads everywhere, even in ATS banners about the new truth. Maybe we really are in for a religious confrontation. This would not be a good thing, especially with all the "stuff" going on in the world right now.

Edit to add Ah here it is... Mormon new slogan "Truth Restored"

So ummm was it lost or broken? And have they been teaching a false truth?

Gets zannier by the minute :shk:

[edit on 11-7-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Humans are so contrary
There is the story of the Rabii who was stranded on an island..
Loving God so much..he built two temples.
.one to go to..
and one not to go to.

Sometimes I wonder why we have so many choices, and quick to say things like no pain no gain..which we always tell our kinds when they complain about chores. An orthodox rabii commented on the radio on Genesis..the phrase "In the beginning".

it turns out he said..that the actual translation should have been..In A Beginning. Not the Beginning.That implies that there was more than one beginning. Perhaps God has done this more than once, or many at a time. we might be a mistake, to him it is just one of many choices, and how we do with each other determines whether we are a mistake or a bad . How much of him do we need in us to make the creation right. It ties in so well with our physics and cosmology. Any Scholars please correct me if i'm running afoul. But that translation makes so much sense . If you razed every temple, synogogue, mosque or cathedral..the last temple will be right in your head. and you can point to it any time, on the left or the right. So when one man says..no no no..thats not the one to go to..place your finger on your temple..and say..thank you..i'll pray in this one for now. If you are Christian..Remember this..Jesus said.."There are many mansions in my fathers house.. and asked why he must leave..he responded I have many flocks to feed . So there are many roads to his glory as he is a father to all.
This Universe is but a speck on the shore my friends, eternity is a wink in His eye and his embrace has room for us all.

SyS
^i^

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This just in.... The Pope does not talk to God nor is he the only voice of God on Earth, as the Vatican claims him to be. Thus... ipso facto... who cares what he says as it is just more meaningless banter designed to control the population of believers.

The Dali Lama is a genuine Holy man, the Pope is a political/religious puppet whos mind is on vacation, while his mouth is working overtime.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
With how far back the Catholic church goes....I'm sure it is the "orginal" church. Meaning, the one that Peter and Paul and the other Apostles came from. HOWEVER, over the centuries it became VERY corrupt and nothing like what I'm sure the Apostles wold have wanted.
It's sad that the Pope and other Catholic's don't see that. They are no more the "True" church than Mormonism is the "True" Church. I think the early christians would be somewhat appauled if they could see what has become of the thing they died for. The POPE.....WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!

Tac.......

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerapinThe Pope does not talk to God

So the Pope never prays??? That is some revelation to be sure :wow

nor is he the only voice of God on Earth,

So he is not the ONLY voice of God, but he is one voice? And how does this work if he doesn't converse with God?

who cares what he says as it is just more meaningless banter designed to control the population of believers.

Sheep need a good Shepherd, or they will stray mindlessly... It is good to be a Shepherd

The Dali Lama is a genuine Holy man,

This is true and he would be the first to remind you to be kind to your opponents

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join