It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gonzales was told of FBI violations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Gonzales was told of FBI violations

www.msnbc.msn.com

As he sought to renew the USA Patriot Act two years ago, Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales assured lawmakers that the FBI had not abused its potent new terrorism-fighting powers. "There has not been one verified case of civil liberties abuse," Gonzales told senators on April 27, 2005.

Six days earlier, the FBI sent Gonzales a copy of a report that said its agents had obtained personal information that they were not entitled to have....
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Whereas at the time it may have been necessary, I think the time for the PATRIOT Act has passed, and it needs to quietly pass into the dustbin of history.

As to Attorney General Gonzales? I am distressed at this bald-faced lying. He is more interested in protecting his political allies than the people.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

As to Attorney General Gonzales? I am distressed at this bald-faced lying. He is more interested in protecting his political allies than the people.

Well it has been clear to me that this Administration and paid-for government has had its own interests at hand for some time now.

We have been hijacked by a group of fascists hell-bent on the destruction of the US along with the rest of the world.

Their motivation is greed and power, neither of which will be stopped by laws or people.

This insanity must end. Hopefully soon.

I have a feeling some 'radical' will take matters into his own hands and end this power hungry business once and for all.

I'm all for a jihad on Washington DC, bring in the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Yes, but we are a nation built on the rule of law. I must assume that your post implies that this be jihad in the sense that it is to be conducted lawfully, by protest, the ballot, and political reform.

We are not yet bound for civil unrest of ANY other sort. Before such ideas should ever be considered, we must exhaust all, ALL, other possibilities.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It figures
Another corrupt Washingtonian Plutocrat! This @$$hole should be jailed for high crimes and misdemeanors! In fact, the whole damned administration should be impeached, tried for treason and HUNG!!!

I say LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN!!! I have had it past my eyeballs with these corrupt, lying, bought-and-paid-for politicians and I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!! Let it be said that they will fly from the highest of flagpoles when the day comes!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is surprised. But we should be outraged.
They care about nothing but themselves, and We the People are
going to suffer because of this administrations incompetence.

Report finds 'gaping hole' at Homeland Security

Thompson noted that the report finds an unusually high number of critical national security jobs at the department filled by political appointees.

Political appointees in charge of our security. Super

"But what's worse than a Homeland Security organization with poor leadership is a homeland security organization with no leadership. Not just a national security concern, DHS's lack of leadership has triggered record-low employee morale, an immeasurable disservice to the hundreds of thousands of men and woman working on the front lines to protect our country."

source

Corruption has spread everywhere due to this administration.
Are we 'polishing the brass on the Titanic'? Is there any hope?
Do they think they can get away with anything this last year or so?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't know know what it is either, but, I shut down the video and that funky music is still playing!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

Yes, but we are a nation built on the rule of law. I must assume that your post implies that this be jihad in the sense that it is to be conducted lawfully, by protest, the ballot, and political reform.

We are not yet bound for civil unrest of ANY other sort. Before such ideas should ever be considered, we must exhaust all, ALL, other possibilities.

when someone 'lawfully' seizes power it is not possible to 'lawfully' seize it back by very nature of the transaction.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

Why the hell must we abide by the law when clearly our government feels that they do not need to? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should go out and murder, rape, and pillage, but come on now! What kind of example are we setting for our children by letting this administration continue the way they do? We might as well start telling our kids from the time they come from the womb that if they get a job in the government, they're entitled the right to act how they want, say what they want, and do as they please. We want our children to have a peaceful existence, yet they are shown by our governments that war is a part of life.

"With great power comes great responsibility" Ok, then as a superpower, we have super responsibility. Why waste that on war? Why use war as an excuse to commit illegal acts?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
folks, I agree that it is the priority of us all to take back our nation. I agree that in the end it may require more than just laws and ballots. I agree that as a final recourse, we may have to see blood shed.

But we must, for the sake of all involved, be certain that every other path has been attempted. To do less is to hasten a day of misery for this nation.

Those of you who have been in battle know what I mean. And if this comes, it will not be a nice nine to five thing, with hot meals and warm beds. A civil war is not fought that way.

The hardship for participants will be extreme. And those of your friends and family who are too old, or too young, or too infirm to fight will scarcely be better. Do you want to see our streets look like Iraq?

Put out your maximum effort to resolve these things peacefully, for any other action will bring a level of hardship that most cannot fathom. Even our founding fathers tried everything in their power to avert armed rebellion, suffering years and decades of political abuse far greater than what we have seen.

I will never shirk my duty to this nation, to the documents that it was founded upon. I will die if needs must be. But I dare not sound a trumpet before I have first sought every means possible to salvage from this fire what has stood us well for so long. And the right to vote, to make peaceful changes is a sacred ideal that ought not be scrapped in anger.

We are at heart a people of peace, and peace must be what we seek first and last. We are no better than those we would replace if violence is used before all other forms of reform have been tried. This nation has had one civil war, and it damned near destroyed us. We must not lightly think another will be better.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Am I the only person on this message board (in America? North America? This spiral arm of the galaxy?) that actually thinks, yeah, some things aren't so great, but overall things are pretty good and could be much worse?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
when someone 'lawfully' seizes power it is not possible to 'lawfully' seize it back by very nature of the transaction.

True enough, so that's why we must Constitutionally seize it back: The only way to preserve & strengthen our Rights is to exercise them.
Regardless of the sheer mass of Laws that were legislated after the Constitution, those laws must never be taken as superior to the Constitution; The Constitution was purposely designed to serve as the Supreme Law of the Land & any action against it is, by definition, illegal. In short, any action that the Government has taken that was not "in pursuance of" the Constitution is what will backfire on the crooks in Government.

The first (Constitutional) step is to make the Government accountable for their actions against the Constitution, by whatever (Constitutional) means we have. The 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights describe the best peaceful weapons we have to enforce accountability; The 2nd Amendment is the "last resort," after they've "legislated/regulated" the 1st Amendment into oblivion.
For every lie, every deception, every Breech of Oath they've commited against Constitutional writ must be brought to bear & aimed right at the very heart of the corruption in Government.

Ban lobbying by corporations & "special interest groups." Corporate lobbyists impose Corporate Interests above Law; Special Interest Groups, by definition, are minority groups that seek to establish "rule by the few" over the Constitution. Make them go through the Petition Process, just like any other Citizen must...Make them toe the line & stay on the same level as Citizens with the 1st Amendment in order to speak to the Government: Lobbyists have always "bypassed" the 1st Amendment Right to Petition...For them, it's "business as usual," but it works to the detriment of Citizens' Rights.

The Patriot Act itself is a violation of the entire Bill of Rights & never even enjoyed the full benefit of "due process," simply because Bush pushed for voting before Congress could read & deliberate on it. It should have never been "enforcable" by any means, even after Congressional vote! Since Bush "stacked the courts" in his favor, it comes as no surprise that the Judicial Branch didn't slap it down immediately. Every Branch of the Government, every Official that acted against the Constitution must be held accountable.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I'd call you a lot of colorful, demeaning names, but... I don't know what I can say to convey just how stupid that statement was.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
Am I the only person on this message board (in America? North America? This spiral arm of the galaxy?) that actually thinks, yeah, some things aren't so great, but overall things are pretty good and could be much worse?

No, you're not. I try to be optimistic and use "common" sense when approaching topics. A lot of people like to complain about the US, but I'm still glad as hell that I live here. Life is what you make of it!

Now, with that being said - I am very mad about our politicians and how they are all out for their own interests. Doesn't matter what party they belong to, they are all scum.

new topics

top topics

join