It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep walking, sleep talking, etc...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My girlfriend's second youngest does this. Talking, sitting up, walking from room to room, all while sleeping. The other night she crawled into our bed and started slapping my girlfriend in the face. She was completely asleep. I told my girlfriend she must have been dreaming about being punished for something and decided to get some sleep revenge.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My daughter sleepwalks. I didn't realize she was doing it at first because she doesn't seem to be asleep at all. The first few times she just came into the room and got in bed with me, mumbling something I didn't catch. I really didn't think much of it because kids come in and get into the bed with parents all the time. She wouldn't remember the next day how she got in my room, though. Then one night she shows up next to my bed, nekkid, facing the wall so her back was to me. I asked her what she was doing and she just says, "nothing, just standing here". Then I ask her to turn around and she does- all the way around, facing the wall again. I asked her a few more questions, which got really strange nonsense answers. I was confused by all her actions and that she was not wearing her pjs. I finally got her back in bed. She didn't remember any of it the next day. I have witnessed some more of her sleep walking incidents since, but now I know that if i talk to her, and she doesn't make sense that she is sleepwalking because otherwise she looks completely awake and alert. She tends to be undressed too (lol). I also notice that she does this more when she is going through some stress like major changes in our schedule, etc. After we moved to a different state was one example.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There were several occasions I have slept walk as a child. As an adult starting about the age of 20 I have punched my partner in my sleep. Im now 36 I only have an episode a couple times a year, but last night I woke trying to strangle my fiance. I feel so bad. In my dream I'm mad at someone and I was strangling them and I woke up and was really doing it. Its the same way when I punch while sleeping. Usually I'm punching someone in my dream. I also jerk alot in my sleep. I know it all has to be connected somehow. I'm not a violent person. Why am I having these nightmares and acting it out?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
ive never been a sleep walker.

but i better not hide anything from the wife coz ill rat myself out in my sleep.

she comes home from work at midnight and if im asleep i dont even hear her enter. which means 2x very large dogs barking in excitement in my bedroom next to the bed.
you could murder me and i wouldnt know until i awoke the next morning

ill just wake up for work and she's there next to me... but if she asks me a question or talks to me while im sleeping i will usually reply, apparently.

most of the time its semi-coherent, but there has been a couple of times where ive given a weird answer like (wife) "wheres the car?" and ill reply "in the fridge" or some other totally off the wall nonsense

but sometimes its totally coherent and i could easily rat myself out if i got asked the right questions

i usually have some very vague memory of it.. "did you say something about xyz the other night? what was it" (really only remember the basic topic and nothing else)

[edit on 12/2/09 by Obliv_au]

[edit on 12/2/09 by Obliv_au]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I did sleepwalk as a child (woke up in my closet, in the living room, and near the back door on one occasion), and well into my teens (that was far less frequent, thankfully--only happened after two family tragedies).

As an adult, I only did it one other time, and it was after moving from the city where I'd lived all my life to 4 hours away...

On that occasion, for a couple of weeks I apparently continued "unpacking" in my sleep. Not sure why; the actual unpacking was done pretty early on, but... my doctor said I was trying to "settle in" on a subconscious level. It was just stress and adapting to a new environment, though. Once I relaxed and got used to my new surroundings, it stopped.

I did one really strange thing, though, when I was younger, according to my fiance at the time, I sat straight up in the bed one morning while he was getting dressed, shouted at him in a language I don't speak, scowled... and promptly went back to sleep with no memory of the event.

I do talk in my sleep occasionally, but not any actual language, as far as anyone's been able to tell. My husband calls it the Swahili Sleep Dialect. Not sure what causes that, but it doesn't seem to be a problem, just a random quirk.

(Edited because I shouldn't type before I've had my coffee. ;P)
[edit on 12-2-2009 by quitebored]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by quitebored]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I used to sleep walk, even drove to school one day, took a test, and drove home...all without remembering (but this was only one such drastic occassion).

Oddly enough, that was also the last time I ever sleep-walked (that I know of, and I'm sure my wife would know), so not sure why/how it stopped.... That was years and years ago.

Had a friend who did too...and yep, he slept in the nude. So, one time, we all crashed at his house after partying around a bit, and in the middle of the night, his gal comes out, looking for him...

We search inside and out...don't find him...even walk around the balcony of the apartment complex...

Come back to the apartment...he's just standing there in the living room, buck naked...eyes wide open, snoring...and then he slowly walked to the bed and laid back down...

Was very eerie....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I used to sleepwalk as a child, I really have no idea if I still do lol.

But I DO remember 1 time what I did while sleepwalking when I was a child.

I walked downstairs with just boxers on, went outside the house, looked at the stars, while looking I would go around around in circles. Then I decided to try and open the shed/hut door, probably to go sleep in lol. But I then changed my mind, went back in the house, leaving the door open and went back to bed.

I think another time I went downstairs and started looking through some draws, I have no idea why haha.

Strange stuff...
My brother talks random crap in his sleep, it's so funny haha, if you talk back to him he replies, and we have a seriously messed up random conversation about who knows what. In the morning he has no memory lmao.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I'm not a violent person. Why am I having these nightmares and acting it out?

Maybe because you are not a violent person lol. And you possibly do not let out your frustrations in any way, you let them seek deep withing you so it comes out in dreams. Who knows...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I used to sleepwalk when I was a child and it did go away after a while. Just recently, within the last 6 months, I have had a couple of episodes that have me concerned.

On the first occasion, about 6 months ago, I punched out a small window in my room. I cut my right arm up pretty good during this. It is not a big window. The only one in my room. The thing I thought was strange, was our windows are brand new double pane windows. These things are not easily broken. I remember the moment I woke up, I was pulling my arm out of the window.

The second occasion, about a month ago, I did not have the window fixed yet and I woke up grabbing the edge of the broken window. So I cut my hand a good bit. This time I remember feeling a pain in my hand before I woke up. I did have the window closed up with a trash bag and duct tape.

A couple things I feel are important. After the first time, I moved my bed to the other side of the room and moved my computer under my window. On the second time, I navigated around my computer and desk. I do close my door at night? I do not use or do any drugs, or prescription medication. I do not drink often, and was not drinking either of these times. As far as I am aware I am as healthy as I should be. Thanks for your time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join