It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology, Ask Me A Question And I'll Try To Answer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You know, it is a form of therapy, but it also delves into issues that happened in past lives. Auditors try to help a being resolve conflicts, issues, or things that may have happened millions of years ago when the person lived a completely different life.

Scientologists believe that the Soul lives on eternally, but in different bodies.
Scientology refers to this as the Thetan.

In Scientology, the concept of thetan is similar to the concept of spirit or soul found in other belief systems.

Thetans have been described in the Church of Scientology in a number of ways:

* A "thetan is an immortal spiritual being; the human soul."[1]
* "The being who is the individual and who handles and lives in the body."[2]
* "A thetan is not a thing, a thetan is the creator of things."[2]
* A thetan is "the person himself -- not his body or his name, the physical universe, his mind, or anything else; that which is aware of being aware; the identity which is the individual. The thetan is most familiar to one and all as you."

encyclopedia.tfd.com...

You can follow it up further with a Google search if you want more information, but they're not that much different from other beliefs.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
He clearly states in the affadavit that he Greatly Regrets the things he said in the past about his father to Penthouse no where does it state he was lying or making it up

If you reread the affadavit paying close attention to section 10, you will see that he does backpedal.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I used to be so against Scientology that I would have been willing to picket them. After much research, speaking with ex-members and actually reading up on the tech, I've mellowed out. I still have no fondness for the organization of the COS, but I don't have any issue with the tech at all. I can see how it would be of value for some people.

But like AD pointed out, this thread is your opportunity to ask questions of an ex-member of Scientology. So that I am not off-topic, here's one: AD, what made you decide to join the Sea Org instead of just being a 'regular' member?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
So that I am not off-topic, here's one: AD, what made you decide to join the Sea Org instead of just being a 'regular' member?

I was just a person taking courses for the first couple years, it was during this time that I did the basic courses and my Purification Run Down.
I joined staff about 2-3 years later.

I started attending rallies and demonstrations over trials that were going on down in the United Stated because I believed in the separation of Church & State. But the First Amendment seems to be of no value anymore. They may as well burn the paper the Constitution was written on.

When I saw the hypocrisy of the American legal system I had to take action.

I joined the Sea Org., but I joined a branch called the Religious Freedom Crusade. This was a separate Org. that dealt with legal issues and ongoing trials, but also positive PR for the Church. We organized events and dealt with celebrities involved with Scientology and high profile Ministers from other faiths.

I drove a lot of these people around on a regular basis, so I did get to know them very well. I was also privy to private conversations between high ranking officials, (right to the top of the current administration), things that they meant or intended to keep private.

I developed a respect for these people for the simple reason that their intentions seemed honorable, and Heber Jentz truly had the best interest of Scientology in his mind. It was respect for him that kept me going for a period of time.

The only person I felt uneasy about was David Miscavige because he always seemed a bit paranoid and dishonest. He seemed like he was in it for personal gain and wanted people to worship him.
(but that's just a personal observation from a very limited contact with the man).

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Heres a couple videos I managed to find that shows the census of how the main stream media sees them.
Scientology - The Cult Awareness Network
60 mins veiw

Why you have to stay low when filming these places

Scientology and the Clearwater Police

Some crazy scientology stuff

If you have the time to check out these videos, it will pretty much give you the idea. That everyone here will agree its completely a cult!
I havent gotten to the libary yet to get the other documents! But sooner or later I will get around to doing, but for now these videos will give you the basics..

[edit on 113131p://3019 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Heres a couple videos I managed to find that shows the census of how the main stream media sees them.
Scientology - The Cult Awareness Network

Great videos, but......

At no point in your post did you ask a question.
I was intending for this thread to be limited to ATS members asking questions about my personal involvement in Scientology.

I have never heard that a census had been taken amongst all "Main Stream Media", but again, I've never really trusted the "Main Stream Media".
If you have a link to the census, and you can show me the numbers, I'd like to see it.

I spent a lot of time in this Church, and I'm willing to answer questions.
That's all this thread is about.

Ask me a question.............

But remember,
If you trust everything you read you're a fool.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
After looking at my post I noticed I forgot to ask, After seeing those videos do you still feel that they are not a cult?

I mean I can bring you video after video that provides proof that they are indeed a cult. I can bring you articals, interviews, and anything else I might need to prove this as a cult to your prespective.

I worry about you as you are a great person, I would hate to see you get to wrapped up in a dangerous game and turn up missing if you indeed did want out of what you got yourself into..

Also do you feel trapped now? If you do, dont there are people to help you break your contract..

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

If you trust everything you read you're a fool.

The same could be said in any manner of things. From your perspective I would be foolish for listening to people who say its a cult.
I would be in the perspective to feel those who listen to Ron Hubard are foolish. It all comes down to point of view, one thing may seem evil or foolish to one, when to another it may seem devine and highly intelligent.
But no matter how you want to chop it up and sugar coat it, Scientology is a CULT and people all over the world agree. Im never one to listen to main stream media, but I live down here and I see it first hand everyday!
Like I dont know whats going on in Iraq, IM not there.. HOwever you ask someone that is really there, Im sure they have a much better idea about the truth of the reality on the ground there. Same with Clearwater, I live here, and I see the maddness all the time!!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

After seeing those videos do you still feel that they are not a cult?

I think we've established the fact that Scientology is a cult per the definition of the word "cult".
Catholicism, Judaism, Muslim, and any other religion falls within the same definition.
I posted it back a couple pages, but go have a look.

I can bring you video after video that provides proof that they are indeed a cult.

You don't need to post anything to try to prove Scientology is a cult.

I worry about you as you are a great person, I would hate to see you get to wrapped up in a dangerous game and turn up missing if you indeed did want out of what you got yourself into..

I'm not a great person, but..........
Please don't worry about me. I'm in no danger, and the only game I play is reality.
If I turn up missing it will be of my own doing.

I am concerned that you might be going through your life disregarding some avenues of knowledge, and I think every religion you study brings you further towards the truth.
If you spend the time to understand what another person believes you just might find out that you're not that different from the rest.

Also do you feel trapped now? If you do, dont there are people to help you break your contract..

I don't feel trapped at all......
I don't need anyone to help me break the contract because I have every intention of fulfilling that agreement in the future.

A billion years is a very short time for an eternal being, and I think I can devote that much time in the future to fulfill my obligation to the Sea Org.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

However you ask someone that is really there, Im sure they have a much better idea about the truth of the reality on the ground there. Same with Clearwater, I live here, and I see the madness all the time!!

I've lived in Clearwater, can you describe the madness that you've seen ?

Have any Scientologists tried to harm you ?
Have they ever tried to WASH YOUR BRAIN ?:shk:
Have they dragged you off the street to indoctrinate you into the cult ?

If Scientology has harmed you in any way, let me know.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hmmm well then anxietydisorder, the best of luck to you sir..
Just a little note on how you made me feel.. You come off as a bit cold and a tad bit defensive with all this. I wont take this any further and I will leave you to your billion year contract.. Ill just say this, Im glad Im not in your shoes.. I never sign deals with the devil.. Yet agin, thats my point of veiw.
Your point of veiw is not you dealing with the devil, but someone you can live with.. And if you can live with that, then hey, who the heck am I to say otherwise really.. so no more questions from me, I am done.. We are lost to eachother, and can still be civil and part ways like 2 grown men

Peace my friend..
and you should think of yourself as a good person..
I mean unless you have some wicked skeletons in your cloest. but hey agin thats your biz.. I was just trying to be openly compassionate to you. As I try to do to all my fellow men no matter what they think, or what path they take..

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

However you ask someone that is really there, Im sure they have a much better idea about the truth of the reality on the ground there. Same with Clearwater, I live here, and I see the madness all the time!!

I've lived in Clearwater, can you describe the madness that you've seen ?

Have any Scientologists tried to harm you ?
Yes and my sister.. I have a police report.
Have they ever tried to WASH YOUR BRAIN ?:shk:
Agin, yes, they send letters to my sister all the time, she almost joined them!! I saved her from that mistake!
Have they dragged you off the street to indoctrinate you into the cult ?
No and you know they dont do that, now your just stabbing at me with that damn scentololgist smug look on your face.. Its all good.. But no nothing like that...

If Scientology has harmed you in any way, let me know.

It was close, my sister was a lost person, and didnt know where to turn. She gets a letter that offered her a place to live, and a way of life. Her credit was bad, and they send out flyers to those with bad credit, as a way out, they offer the world, and end up taking your world away from you.
But some people have nothing, and no family. so I guess It works out for them.. But the people who do have families, and enter the cult, sometimes never get to see their family ever agin. That harms not just me but the area in which I live.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This has been a really informative thread. I'm just curious about the contents of RPF. What is it? On some of the places out on the web, mainly Here, there are some horrible accounts. *winces* Sorry about the brainwashing part, I don't exactly believe that, but maybe they want to keep people quiet about the higher level information.

I thought religions are only a cult if money is involved, by the way.

Thanks so much for your time, by the way.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well digging up a very old thread here, but it did catch my attention. I actually was raised in the church and my story is similar to yours. It look me a long time to finally recover from the effects of cognitive dissonace, which would cause me to become defensive just like you are here. I have categorically and publicly denounced the church and its practices. I am not a fan of breaking up families, which is the most heinous crime that the church and it's members so coldly practice.

I have no intention of protesting against the church or actively attacking it. Simply educating others on my story is enough for me. I shy away from ridiculing beliefs because beliefs are consistently questionable from religion to religion. I am not afraid however to shun members of the church and the church as an organization for the practice of "disconnection" which is unique to cults and is what separates cults from typical religions.

It's a disgusting practice.

For those who are not familiar, disconnection is the practice by which the church of Scientology bans its members from speaking to those who have been deemed persona non grata by the chruch. In my particular case, I was thrown out of my house and banned from speaking with my family (Mother, Father, Brother and Sister) for nothing other than posting my experience and disagreements with the practices of the church on a message board for people with similar feelings.

The church itself literally tracked down my posts to me, told my family about it--behind my own back. And then my father told me that he would rather I have been a rapist than have posted my disagreements about the church anonymously online. That's Scientology. Actions speak louder than words. It wasn't until after this that I went public with my name on record about my story.

I have closed that chapter of my life and I am moving on now though. I have not spoken to my parents since the begining of April. They chose their religion over their own son and that is their sad mistake because I may never forgive them for that.
edit on 5/25/2012 by dbloch7986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Thanks for digging this up! I am glad you are able to express your experience with such a fluid and brilliant ability to show that you truly have come a long ways. Disconnection can be very devastating, and can traumatize most people to the point they feel trapped, and or are love bombed, and that love taken away.
And for being compared to a rapist for a single post. That is the kind of madness I speak of, yet I have long since took my flag bearing conquest VS scientology down a few years ago.

There are a lot of cults out there. Religion in general is pretty messed up.. So its not just Scientology I blame anymore, I just really disagree with their disconnection policy, as it almost sucked my little sister into all this.
I a had a friend named Shawn, that was found dead in his apartment, he was very active member of protesting in down town Clearwater. I will leave that where its at.

So props to you sir on your post.. Thank you!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Thanks for digging this up! I am glad you are able to express your experience with such a fluid and brilliant ability to show that you truly have come a long ways. Disconnection can be very devastating, and can traumatize most people to the point they feel trapped, and or are love bombed, and that love taken away.
And for being compared to a rapist for a single post. That is the kind of madness I speak of, yet I have long since took my flag bearing conquest VS scientology down a few years ago.

There are a lot of cults out there. Religion in general is pretty messed up.. So its not just Scientology I blame anymore, I just really disagree with their disconnection policy, as it almost sucked my little sister into all this.
I a had a friend named Shawn, that was found dead in his apartment, he was very active member of protesting in down town Clearwater. I will leave that where its at.

So props to you sir on your post.. Thank you!

It is the one thing that prevented me from actively questioning the religion. I was literally afraid that the church would somehow track down the fact that my beliefs were in question and forcefully disconnect me. As time went on and I became comfortable researching the history of Scientology and it's founder I started to realize that I was not at fault for what happened to me as a kid. I realized that a lot of my emotional instability came from what happened to me while I was working for the church during my late teens.

Once I came to that conclusion I started to feel justified in the anger towards my parents for not protecting me which prompted me to post to a small online community of Ex Scientologists and because I had made good friends and formed a support structure for myself outside of the church I felt safe, disconnection or no, about sharing my story to people who would actually listen to me. I had tried to speak to my father but all he did was tell me the church is right and I'm wrong.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

It might have already been asked, I was so excited by the question and OP that I had to throw in my two cents, so sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself. Lord Xenu? I want to know how anyone buys into Lord Xenu and the story that surrounds him. I ask this honestly, not here to bash or harass, I've always wanted to ask a scientologist this question face to face (though, I suppose post to post will do ^.^).

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Thanks Derek! You sir will help many people with your story!!
I hope you don't mind that I add you as a friend, you are very much the kind of person I would talk to face to face about such things.
So your family was part of the "seaOrg" section of COS?

Ive been at odds with COS since the late 90's. Way before Anon jumped on the scene. Truth be told, once Anon started with its crusade, I jumped on the band wagon for about 1 year, till I saw that what I wanted exposed was exposed. Thus I have moved on with new types of research. I have clearly established that COS is a religion, and its ways are questionable. Yet we have extremists of all races, and creeds.
So I can only support folks like you who are willing to get out, and talk about this. I am very proud of you for posting.. Thanks again.
This puts more closure on my whole COS research.
I know what I need to know, and will just steer clear of them like I do with all extremists.

Its just sad to know, that your family treats you in this manner. But I am sure you understand they have been brainwashed, they are victims as well. I can only speak for myself, but with a family that would treat me like that, I would go and find my own family. Which you have clearly done, good for you bro!
edit on 25-5-2012 by zysin5 because: Last part.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

edit on 25-5-2012 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is anxietydisorder still around these days? I know I said some time ago that our debate was over with. I recant those words. I would still like to think you are doing okay and what not.

When I was protesting COS, I did not consider it a true religion. I was under the impression it was just and only a cult.
I was wrong in the sense that COS wasn't a religion, as it clearly has earned its place with the rest of the religions of the world. I can just say they have a lot of catching up to do, to even touch the other 3 abrahamic faiths.

In the end, I found I was being a bigot, and ignorant to just go after COS. If I want to be true to my word, I have to take up conquest VS all extreme faiths, and expose them all doing actions under one banner. The banner of deception and evil.
Thus like with any other faith. You can not lump together all people of one given faith or religion. However, the only reason I think we as humans try to lump everything together, is not some grand conspiracy, but human nature.
I use to lump everyone together for this reason. I feel if you support a power base, that has committed such acts, you are as guilty as those who did it. Lets say, not all Christians are bad people, just some molest young boys, and steal from their coffers, ect ect. So by human nature, I feel that if you are Christian and support that power base, you are telling me, "what they did was okay".
If you support a power base, you are just as bad as them!!! Even if you never did things some people of the faith did that was clearly vile, evil, and deceptive.

Then later I came to the understanding that.. People will try to infiltrate and usurp the churches of this world from the inside, to bring it down to its knees, by getting people like me to think that you support a power base that does evil things.. Its not your fault the preists molested the boys. Yet we think you are at fault for supporting a power base.
Yet you know in your heart you do not support that, and that is not the power base you are supporting in your heart, and soul.

But others on the outside do not see that, nor do they have your point of view.

Point of View. The most critical part of understanding how all this works. And how point of view plays into human nature.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Thanks Derek! You sir will help many people with your story!!
I hope you don't mind that I add you as a friend, you are very much the kind of person I would talk to face to face about such things.
So your family was part of the "seaOrg" section of COS?

Ive been at odds with COS since the late 90's. Way before Anon jumped on the scene. Truth be told, once Anon started with its crusade, I jumped on the band wagon for about 1 year, till I saw that what I wanted exposed was exposed. Thus I have moved on with new types of research. I have clearly established that COS is a religion, and its ways are questionable. Yet we have extremists of all races, and creeds.
So I can only support folks like you who are willing to get out, and talk about this. I am very proud of you for posting.. Thanks again.
This puts more closure on my whole COS research.
I know what I need to know, and will just steer clear of them like I do with all extremists.

Its just sad to know, that your family treats you in this manner. But I am sure you understand they have been brainwashed, they are victims as well. I can only speak for myself, but with a family that would treat me like that, I would go and find my own family. Which you have clearly done, good for you bro!
edit on 25-5-2012 by zysin5 because: Last part.

Of course I don't mind if you add me as a friend and feel free to ask me whatever you want.

I am hoping my story will help a lot of people.

It is a fact of life that people tend to be more adamant against something when they have had a bad experience with it than others who have had no experience.

I am sad my family chose that route as well, but it wasn't my choice to make. I had no idea the church would try to track down my online postings and locate me and disconnect me from my family. I do understand they were brainwashed, but if I can see through it, why can't they?

Definitely steer clear.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join