It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology, Ask Me A Question And I'll Try To Answer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'll do my best to honestly answer any question concerning the Church Of Scientology.

I don't want just a statement from you like "It's a cult", but a question that I can try to give you an answer to that will promote further discussion. Although much has been said about this Church in many threads on ATS I hope I can give you some inside information. And I hope to do it in a way that won't have any of us resorting to name calling.

I spent about 6 or 7 years with this organization, so I have first hand knowledge of what was going on until I left in October of 1986.

Ask me a question.

Edit: sp

[edit on 10/7/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What made you join?

What prompted you to leave?

How much money did you waste on them?

- LurkerBeast

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Three questions right off, I'll take them one at a time.......

Originally posted by LurkerBeast
What made you join?

I did a "personality test" right off the sidewalk in Edmonton Alberta.
I did an introductory course called the "Communication Course" for about $20.00 and found it interesting.

I was going to be sent to the RPF for what is called an out 2D situation.
Basically that means I violated one of the Dynamics and started a relationship with a person of the same sex.

How much money did you waste on them?
- LurkerBeast

I didn't waste a single penny. I didn't spend much, but it was all worth it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Was it your choice to leave or were you excommunicated?

I know that term prolly doesn't go with the cult but says what I mean.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
Was it your choice to leave or were you excommunicated?

It was entirely my choice to leave, and I remained on good terms with many of the people that I was friends with that were still in the Church.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I was going to be sent to the RPF for what is called an out 2D situation.
Basically that means I violated one of the Dynamics and started a relationship with a person of the same sex.

Church of Scientology does not approve of homosexual relationships?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Were you told that a guy called Xenu brought billions of people to earth in DC-8 planes and killed them with nukes 75 million years ago?

[edit on 10-7-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Were you told that a guy called Xenu brought billions of people to earth in DC-8 planes and killed them with nukes 75 million years ago?

No, but I think that's part of the OT3 material, and I didn't even get close to that level of training.
I'm sure something like that was written by LRH because I've heard it so many times, but the wording isn't quite right.

Some members were very concerned that newer members shouldn't hear the name Xenu, but it wasn't a big deal.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
But do you think the idea that aliens physically identical to humans transported people to earth with DC-8 aircraft to be plausible?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
But do you think the idea that aliens physically identical to humans transported people to earth with DC-8 aircraft to be plausible?

Not entirely, but I do believe that we live in a galaxy full of other beings similar to ourselves, and not all of them have our best interests in mind.

I consider the DC8 thing as a metaphor for transport ships that may have had an interior similar to an aircraft, though I'm sure that Douglas didn't build them, and they didn't have Pratt & Whitney engines.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

No

No, they don't or no they do?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What did the personality test consist of and what information did it yield?

Was this test something like what a psychic does, gives you some small nugget of info that intrigues you to pay a fee to find out more?

Why are they so against psychiatry? Was there something in LRH's past that made him despise this branch of medicine?

Why are they so secretive? When an organization fights so hard to keep information (or a movie loosely based) about themselves disseminated to the public it usually means that whatever they are hiding is not good.

Do you feel that you were brainwashed?

Take your time answering, and thanks for the opportunity to ask you questions.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The Church Of Scientology does not approve of same sex relationships.
You won't see them performing any gay weddings any time in the near future.

I found this a bit odd when you consider a thetan, (spirit, soul, etc...) is sexless without a body, but it was an issue with the Church.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
can you drink, dig music and read any type of books if your a member?

Is it a good place to find money making jobs??

If you have an open mind is that ok?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'll take a shot at this, but I have to get supper going soon or my husband will slam my laptop shut.

I'll do the best I can, but one at a time. If I miss something I'll get it later.

Originally posted by scooler1
What did the personality test consist of and what information did it yield?

Here are all the questions on the 'Personality Test", and it even includes the answers to give for the highest score. Though having a high score will also raise eyebrows to the point of suspicion.

You need to be honest to get an accurate result, and I found it very accurate.

home1.gte.net...

Was this test something like what a psychic does, gives you some small nugget of info that intrigues you to pay a fee to find out more?

See the test above, but I was encourage to take in a lecture after the test, and a short film, but it was free.

Why are they so against psychiatry? Was there something in LRH's past that made him despise this branch of medicine?

Two questions in one, but, the Church believes that the being can heal it's own body for certain things, and they believe that processes like a "Touch Assist" will help a person heal some illnesses.
Obviously that wouldn't work for an abscessed tooth, but I've seen some people come out of a Touch Assist session feeling pretty good.

I'm not sure if LRH had a specific past experience with psychiatry that made him despise this branch of medicine. I do know that the two philosophies are diametrically opposed.

Why are they so secretive? When an organization fights so hard to keep information (or a movie loosely based) about themselves disseminated to the public it usually means that whatever they are hiding is not good.

I'm not sure I understand the whole question, but as for the first part, all the secrets are out there on the net. If there's something specific you want information on I'll help you find it.

Do you feel that you were brainwashed?

Yeah, pass the soap.
I've got dishes to do later and I may as well toss my brain in.

Seriously though, I don't think anyone could brainwash me because I maintain a very critical mind. I examine the information offered me and compare it to the data I already have.
I'm not a sucker.

Take your time answering, and thanks for the opportunity to ask you questions.

You're more than welcome but time is up, I need to cook for someone.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The Church Of Scientology does not approve of same sex relationships.
You won't see them performing any gay weddings any time in the near future.

I found this a bit odd when you consider a thetan, (spirit, soul, etc...) is sexless without a body, but it was an issue with the Church.

Did they give you any reasoning?

Homosexuality is prehaps the workings of Xenu?

Doh?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Did they give you any reasoning?

Homosexuality is prehaps the workings of Xenu?

Doh?

Yes they did give me a reason, and it had nothing to do with Xenu, Doh!!!
(let's try to keep the degradation to a minimum, I want this thread to be informative rather than confrontational.)

The reason involves the 8 Dynamics of life. Each Dynamic is represented by the 8 points on the Scientology cross.

The first dynamic, self, is the effort to survive as an individual, to be an individual and to fully express one’s individuality.

The second dynamic is the urge toward existence as a future generation. It has two components: sex and the family unit, including the raising of children.

The third dynamic is the urge to survive as a member of a group. A company, a political party, a church or a social organization are all examples of the third dynamic.

The fourth dynamic is the urge for survival of man as a species. All of the races of man together constitute the fourth dynamic.

The fifth dynamic is the urge to survive for all life forms — animal or vegetable and anything directly and intimately motivated by life.

The sixth dynamic is the urge for survival of the physical universe and reflects the drive of the individual to enhance the survival of all matter, energy, space and time –the component parts of the physical universe.

The seventh dynamic is the urge toward existence as a spiritual being.

The eighth dynamic is the urge toward existence as infinity. This is also identified as the Supreme Being. Thus, this dynamic can be called the infinity, or God, dynamic.

The external source above are the words of L. Ron Hubbard.

Homosexuality is not in line with the second dynamic.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have a friend who said he was brought up in a Scientology family. He hasn't went to church in many years, yet they keep sending him info and booklets on it after he's moved 3 times.

How do they track him down, and why do they even track him down?

Why does it cost money?

Beliefs are "free"

I can go to a Christian or Catholic church and gain the teaching for free. I'm not religious as I think it's all basically a way to form "FAITH" into words we understand.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by RandomThought]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought

How do they track him down, and why do they even track him down?
Why does it cost money?

Every religion needs money to exist as an organization. The Church Of Scientology is no different from any other Church in that respect, or any corporation if you want to think on that level.

If you give your name and address to a contest, credit card, store reward program, etc.... Your information will be bought and sold like a commodity.

If your friend has been a member of Scientology they will try to maintain that relationship with him. It's just good business sense.

Beliefs are "free"

I can go to a Christian or Catholic church and gain the teaching for free.

You're right that beliefs are free, but you still need to pay for the building you worship in. The Catholics have imposed a tithe on the flock for hundreds of years, and that was set at 10%.

I can get you a Dianetics book for about $4.00, and with that alone you are on the first steps of the Scientology Bridge. The prices you see quoted on web pages and in the news are for the top end services that include hotel suites at places like the Fort Harrison, Celebrity Center, or on board ship.

Don't expect to eat with the Pope if you can barely afford a preacher.

Edit: I missed a letter t.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join