It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual way of making a blade.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Herd this method described on a vid last night, it got me thinking so I thought I’d see if any of you guys think it is at all plausible.

I'll find a link to the vid later and edit this.

The story goes that when the Canadian government wanted the Inuit people to settle down (don't know the politics) some of course were less than happy with this, one older guy in particular refused to go - his family, concerned for him took all his hunting equipment sled etc so he would have no choice. (this is the good bit)

Then it is said still refusing to go he walked off, pulled down his sealskins and crapped into his hands. As his poo froze he moulded it into the shape of a blade, applying spit to the cutting edge.

He then butchered one of the dogs, skinned it - somehow fashioned a harness for another dog, split the rib cage to use for his new sled and disappeared off in to the sunset I suppose!

I don't doubt the principle here; after all it gets damn cold up there, but (remember the animal will loose body heat very very quickly) to butcher a dog with his crappy knife? (Yes pun - shoot me
)

What d'ya all think?

I just typed S**t knife into google - pretty well known apparently!

[edit on 10/7/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Interesting, and feasable, IMO.
I hope I never have to attempt to recreate the crap knife, but thanks for the info!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I do not know? How strong of a blade would poop make, even frozen? It seems strange and far fetched, but anything is possible. I don't think I will be making a poop blade anytime soon or at least hope I do not need to.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I like the way you said that you don't know how strong it would be EVEN frozen. How else would it work

I think if im ever any where cold enough to try this i'm gonna have to give it a go! (on my own with no one looking) any one who trys this has to get digi photos and post em!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
.. if you just want to give it a try, why not use something a big less disgusting, like frozen bread dough

I think I'd prefer making a blade out of rocks. You can find rocks just about anywhere, they work in temperatures above 0 degrees C, and you don't have the requirement of going to the bathroomto make one.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Lets just say it minus 30 deg C

Crap in your hands - or find a suitable rock, and another suitable rock. Find somewhere comfortable to sit and chip chip, chip chip chip, chip chip, chip chip chip chip, chip some more (you get the idea).

At least this way you get the warm squishy feeling, you get to say you done it and you get to eat some raw dog before your on your way.

I really hope a mod wont give me a ticking off for bringing up the topic of *ahem* # Knives on ATS. (I liked typing that)

Edit to add: no Mod intervention was actually necessary!!! ROTFLMAO big time!

[edit on 10/7/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Not going to work.

Take a second and think, even frozen in liquid nitrogen, the blade edge will liquefy due to stresses imparted upon it and become useless within seconds.

Now you're still hungry and have a bunch of crap on your hands. Good job.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
Now you're still hungry and have a bunch of crap on your hands. Good job.

Time to scratch your head and reasses you situation then!

Any ways, thought i'd put this in the Myth busters forum also, just to see what comes from it.

peace

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Gah. There is NO WAY this would work. Its an urban legend. If there was anywhere on earth that this would happen, it would be here in newfoundland when someone dropped his fillieting knife.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
everything appart from the knife'o'crap will work.

surely there would be something better to use? ice would be better. it wouldnt melt as it is minus 30 or less, at least not too fast.

even so, why couldnt he use a rock? there must be a few somewhere?

poo i think would crumble when frozen and would be useless. even it not it wouldnt be nearly sharp enough.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I believe it.

Look at it this way.
In extreme temp's, if the pile of # was frozen, and covered in water/urine/etc it would freeze over in a layer of ice, which is apparently what he did to the cutting edge.
In those temps, it's not going to unthaw, and if used as a slicing tool, instead of a prying or stabing tool, it should last long enough to take another #, and make another.

new topics

top topics

join