It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. opposition to Iraq war hits new high: poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

U.S. opposition to Iraq war hits new high: poll

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Opposition to the Iraq war has climbed to a record high and President George W. Bush's approval rating dropped to a new low amid growing dissent from members of his own Republican party over his war strategy, according to a new USAToday/Gallup poll.

Bush's approval dropped to 29 percent in the poll taken Friday through Sunday, down from 33 percent in early June, USA Today reported on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Everywhere I look at the moment, I am confronted with people talking about a looming war between the US and Iran, and possibly Syria.

With opposition to the current conflict in Iraq hitting a new high, does anyone actually think the will exists in the US to open up a new front?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
War with Iran = dictatorship
Because the people will not allow this president to wage a third front unless they have no choice.
No war with Iran = decades of low-level attacks on western/israeli interests across the asian continent.

I still dont understand what the 29% have to be happy about......

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I still dont understand what the 29% have to be happy about......

Well you need to remember that perhaps the 29% is the private interest in this nation that needs the war in Iraq and the oil deals.

Also remember that in the raise of a any dictatorship is always a percentage of the population that will always support the dictator.

new topics

top topics

join