It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Big Ambience 101

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
PODcast:

Big Ambience 101

Hey ATS, just another big podcast coming to you straight from the desert in Arizona. Let me know what you think about this one.

I plan on taking a little break with the podcasts, maybe you'll see a collaborated effort in the near future...Not naming names, but they're 'in the know.'

length: 01:15
file: btsmpod_2406.mp3
size: 1775k
feed: btsm

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You might want to turn the volume down on your player...I'm not sure how great the sound quality is.

I 'make' aka mix these in garageband on my mac and then send it to itunes and then convert it to mp3.

The quality sometimes goes down a bit in the conversion.

Hope you all enjoy! If not, tell me and that will help me out with the mixing.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Biggie...a lot of good apple loops in there. However, it's a bit busy for ambient music, but you've got some good themes. I'd be interested to hear to concentrate on a few key loops and then experiment with those a bit in regard to drums and other secondary sounds.

Also, when selecting loops consider using some of the filters. They can really change up the sound of an apple loop quite a bit. The filter can be selected by clicking on the i with the circle on it in the lower right of the screen, next to the thing with the music note on it. The menu itself is called "Details" but these are actually filters.

Play with the generator and the kit. And don't be afraid to play with some of the effects as well.

Post some stuff up after you're experimented a bit. I'm interested to hear what you've come up with and I'll share with you some of what I've done.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thanks the Big O for your comments.

I know none of my songs so far are perfect. I'm still messing around trying to get a feel for how everything sounds. Part of the reason I have been posting is to get some feedback and I'm glad you have responded and gave me some tips.

Thank you for the advice, I'll heed them in the future.

Look forward to some updated beats.

big

P.S. I know it isn't exactly ambience, but I didn't know what else to call it...Slow jamz part 2
maybe.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

new topics

top topics

join