It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore CNN interview

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Hope I didn't mis-hear that, but it's worth mentioning anyways.

I believe they could be reffering to the segment he agreed to tape at the end of the interview as long as they agreed to run it unedited.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by masquaI believe I just heard them say the 2nd (taped) Moore interview is coming up at 4 EST.

Yes.

I watched the segment and it certainly was a far cry from the first. It seemed to me that Blitzer must have done some damage control, because the second part was tame in comparison.

A non-event.

Curious.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What's so hard to believe? He makes a lot of sense, why do some people hate this guy? I think he gives some good information and I thought that was great putting CNN on the spot. They need to be on the spot, they are all corrupt(the media).

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
here is the second part, I'm looking forward to the Larry King Show

Michael Moore VS Wolf Blitzer - Round II

Hat Tip to Crooks & Liars

[edit on 10/7/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nice one Sauron. I guess it's good he actually got to talk more about his new movie. It's quite funny when he laughs at Iran being the new "boogeyman".

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I watched the first segment and it was great. I love it when people get passionate about a topic. Michael makes some good points about how
the media is controlled by the big corporations.
At one point Michael comments about pharmaceutical commercials that may play during the break.
I have noticed more of these ads on tv than ever. Sometimes there may be 2 in
a row. either its a non-narcotic sleep aid, erectile dysfunction relief or a handful
of others. The system is broken.

The rich get richer and the middle class and poor get poorer

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Watched the Gupta/Moore debate on Larry King.

Is it my imagination or is CNN cozying up to Moore?

It sure seems that way. Blitzer, Gupta and King all seemed affected by the recent interviews in a positive manner (generally)

I'm a bit surprised after seeing the initial rant yesterday.

Anyone else getting the same feeling?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yes, I noticed that they were kinda kissing up to him. I wonder whats up with that. The pharmacutical commericals are out of control and the list of side effects are worse than what people originally have. Good interview though, I like his passion when he gets excited about his cause.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by paigcal]

[edit on 10-7-2007 by paigcal]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I got that feeling also. I noticed Gupta had a strange expression on his face the whole interview. Either he was forced to do it or he was waiting for Michael to rip him a new one. At the end of the show Gupta thanked Michael for bringing this information to peoples attention. First Gupta tries to disprove him, then he thanks him? CNN may be up to something.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've discovered morscoman's identity.

Morscoman's true self

Remember, meth is bad for you mmmmmkay?

On a different note, I enjoyed that interview fully. Moore was right on about what he said when giving Wolf an earful on big pharma. Hilarious at the end that Dobbs says "Are you having fun with Michael Moore?" and Wolf jokingly responds yes as if he didn't just get trounced on. As if he won that discourse.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Funny how Moore insists socialized healthcare is free when it really isnt. It might be cheaper than what we have but you still have to pay for it with taxes unless your a homeless bum.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by morscoman
I wonder how many ronco products y'all have lol later I'm done here..

Please everyone ignore the troll and get back to the topic at hand

Cheers
FredT

Fred, why the devil can't you just yank this troll off the forum? This guy's a disgrace!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Good day every body, here is DR. Gupta's response from CNN Situation Room before he went on Larry King, in a nutshell he says he misquoted Moore about the price of health care in Cuba.

DR. SANJAY GUPTA RESPONDS TO MICHAEL MOORE INTERVIEW
Situation Room CNN

LARRY KING: MICHAEL MOORE & *DOCTOR* SANJAY GUPTA pt1

LARRY KING: MICHAEL MOORE vs. SANJAY GUPTA pt2
Part two

LARRY KING: MICHAEL MOORE vs. SANJAY GUPTA pt3
Part Three

Larry King

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Is it my imagination or is CNN cozying up to Moore?

I think this whole interchange is great PR for MM and CNN! The longer they can cause controversy the better the movie SiCKO and CNN are being advertised. Many people who watch CNN, who would never think of seeing SiCKO will now go and see it because their curiosity is piqued. Same with MM fans who don't usually watch CNN. The ongoing controversy is probably causing ratings spikes.

MM scratches CNN's back, they scratch his.

Thank you to Sauron for all the vids!

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wow, I have to stop being so lazy. I knew about this around 4 hours before this topic, yet I did not put it up.

Yeah, I think both sides of the Moore-Gupta debate had good points. It was true that Gupta's report did misrepresent one of Moore's figures, but it was corrected. What I find highly ironic is that Moore said that Gupta's report was "crap", yet the ran the thing over again a second time BEFORE the interview. Moore's expression was priceless when he saw the corrected figure.

I will definitely tune in if they have another debate.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Larry King did say he would bring them back again soon.

I'm still amazed at the reaction. Blitzer applauded Moore again this afternoon for apologizing to him over the verbal attack in the first interview.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wolf Blitzer mentioned in the first part of his interview how he would not delete anything from the taped portion of his interview with Moore.

I wonder if it truly was edited to make him seem 'tamer.'

Moore's response to his interview

His opinion:

THE TRUTH:

Actually, the number 'Sicko' cited for per capita Cuban spending on health care - $251, a number widely cited by the BBC and other outlets - comes from the United Nations Human Development Report, helpfully linked on our website. Here it is again: hdr.undp.org...
That UN report does list American health care spending as only $5,700, but it's a few years old. Since then, the U.S. government has updated it's projections for health care spending, to $7,498 in 2007. So we used that number. It's the most recent, and comes right from the Department of Health and Human Services. If the Cuban government gave a figure on 2007 projected health spending, we'd have used it.

THE TRUTH:
Medicare indeed has enough money to cover all seniors until 2019. At that time, it will simply need more funding. That shouldn't be hard to find in a nation spending trillions of dollars to invade other countries.
Medicare is not in trouble because it is socialized medicine. Medicare faces the same economic problem private health plans do - health care inflation is out of control, far outpacing inflation for other goods and services. And in fact, Medicare is much more efficient at dealing with this inflation than is private insurance. According to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (Table 13), per beneficiary costs have risen in nominal dollars by 519.5 percent since 1980. By contrast, the cost per enrollee of private insurance has risen by 676.6 percent over this same period. So Gupta should instead be pointing his finger at the inefficiency of private insurance. (Social Security and Medicare Myths, Lies, and Realities. Institute for America's Future. www.globalaging.org...; "Gupta Says Medicare is Going Bankrupt," Dean Baker, Beat the Press blog. www.prospect.org...)
There is a clear way to make our health economy more efficient. We waste $400 billion dollars per year administering our mess of a private, profit-driven system. The answer is switching to a single-payer, Medicare-style system and taking absurd profits and administrative costs out of the equation. (Steffie Woolhandler, M.D., M.P.H., Terry Campbell, M.H.A., and David U. Himmelstein, M.D., Costs of Health Care Administration, N Engl J Med 2003;349:768-75 )

CNN vs the Truth

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join