It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightpoles at the Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
List all the information about the Lightpoles into this thread. Make sure it is factual and bring your backup links and things.

If we can figure out what had happened to these lightpoles, it will help us understand how things could've been pulled off the way they did.

*Note*: This is not immediate, but whenever you run across something interesting about the lightpoles that supposedly were hit, put it in here.

Craig, if you can post what you know about the lightpoles in a summarized form, that would be good to start off, but its ok if you dont do it first.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by BigMoser]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
"Just before impact, the plane clipped off two VDOT light poles on
Washington Boulevard, a football field or two away from the Pentagon. In
the same area, the blast from the plane's impact damaged the lenses of one
of VDOT's traffic monitoring cameras and knocked the camera sideways."

The Friday Report on Sept. 21, 2001

Odd, I know it was right after the attacks, but I thought 5 lightpoles were clipped... apparently not.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The right engine ingesting the lamp head on pole number 3 was not programmed into their scenario, it was predicted by the model.

www.pentagonresearch.com...

Does anyone have any other photos of pole number 3? I just wanna see if the lamphead on pole 3 was ever around in the area or not.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BigMoser

Pole 3 is in this image:

notice the missing guard rail.

There is a guardrail in this image by pole 5:

Not sure if that's where it came from or why it was crumpled and pulled out of the ground at all.

But it would make the scene look more like a it was from a car crash if anyone noticed the poles lying there in advance.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
These images are good guides for the poles:

And here are some rare shots of poles 4 and 5:

The VDOT cleaning up pole #4 three weeks after 9/11:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A curious detail regarding pole #4 is how the damage to the base is so uniform as if it was removed with a torch or something.

Here is that base compared with the same style base of a pole from the same area that was downed by wind (a sudden force).

Pole#4:

Wind blown base:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Craig, that is so odd.... thanks alot for the comparisons. So in essence, the faster force on these poles means cleaner cut out of the base? Thats coming from the first thing that pops into my mind after looking at these. So nature breaks it into an artform, but man-made objects can clean cut it into a perfect square shape right off of the base.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
No that is not my conclusion.

I would postulate that a sudden force strong enough to break the poles would leave a similar jagged and random break regardless if it was from wind or a plane.

The fact that the break is uniform and even looks a bit charred indicates to me it was likely done deliberately with a torch or a cutting tool of some sort.

The poles were removed and planted in advance.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Craig Ranke CIT]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
How about the wiring inside the base of the pole? Would they be ripped to shreads being pulled out so forcefully? Or is it normal for them to be intact like they are in the 9/11 pole photo?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigMoser
How about the wiring inside the base of the pole? Would they be ripped to shreads being pulled out so forcefully? Or is it normal for them to be intact like they are in the 9/11 pole photo?

Good point.

I would imagine that they would be ripped but I also don't think it's fair to say that they are "intact" because they may have snapped.

I don't think anything can be 100% proven by looking at pictures of the poles but clearly it is rather questionable whether or not the damage to them was caused by a plane.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ok, tell me this Craig... How did Pole #3's base stay in tact into the ground, and the other poles (1,2,4,5) stayed with the pole after being severed from the ground? Actually, I don't know about Pole #2's base because it is behind some trees. This in reference to the photo with all poles in one image.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by BigMoser]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The damage was pre-fabricated and likely not done a specific way.

Just random damage in general applied to the specific poles that line up with the flight path.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigMoser
Craig, that is so odd.... thanks alot for the comparisons. So in essence, the faster force on these poles means cleaner cut out of the base? Thats coming from the first thing that pops into my mind after looking at these. So nature breaks it into an artform, but man-made objects can clean cut it into a perfect square shape right off of the base.

It's possible that the bases were welded...if that's the case, it would be fairly likely that the base would snap clean off because the weld would be the weakest point. Just a theory... I guess I'd have to see the pole AND the base to know exactly how it was attached.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Welded. Interesting.
Are there any pictures of pole 1? I mean the actual tall, straight pole, not just the curving upper arm thing and lamp head? I'm trying to see where each pole was damaged, what that tells us about altitude or faked altitude, since I'm taking a break from the FDR.
Hmmm... or I guess that really is the pole. That's quite a curve it's gotten of so.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Caustic Logic]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Now I notice the curve on Pole #1 CL... it seems like it would stoop low in the lightbulb area, low enough to hit Lloyd's windshield
(EXAGGERATING of course) That curve is thick too, compared to the others. And it looks shorter. Or are highway poles different from ramp / normal streets poles? Either way, I'm still asking myself, "What the hell happened to these poles?"

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The bend in pole one is exaggerated in the Ingersoll shot due to the angle just as the length of the pole is foreshortened.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Remember....I had a tour of the VDOT and examined the same style light poles and got all the specs.

2 minute video of light poles

This image somewhat demonstrates scale lengthwise in relation to the car but I think the bend is inaccurate:

Lloyd has the bend hidden in the back seat with the bottom of the pole sticking out over the hood.

Think of how much kinetic force would be involved from a 757 at over 500mph.

Don't forget how Lloyd describes the bent part of the pole going through the back seat and the pole sticking out over the hood as he illustrated here:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is what I hate about photos at different angles, messes with your mind if you don't know what numbers to look at.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Picture not from pentagon

This a photo from Houston to show what a light pole looks like when hit by a plane

At 500 miles an hour the point of impact is the point of sheering, this is the same reason planes cut through WTC like butter. Energy does not transfer down the pole to create metal failure at a thicker lower location

Hold a piece of raw spaghetti in the air. hit it slowly, it breaks at your fingers holding the spaghetti because that is the point that can not flex. Now swing a knife really fast, sharp edge and high speed puts all force into a smaller area. Spaghetti breaks at point of contact like below.

A bannana and a playing card show the same thing, push bannan with your finger it breaks at point with lowest strength, hit is fast with high force in a small surface area it breaks at point of contact.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Craig Ranke CIT

dear craig, i would like to know how you got the pictures of the vdot emploee picking up the light poles??????????

top topics

join