It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving A Death Camp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
They wouldn't have wanted their nice little uniforms to get blood on them would they? Himmler personally preferred the idea of starving them to death - nice chap - unfortunately people complained about that too.

Not quite quick enough for the use as the Final solution either, I daresay. Yes, they were such nice people there really.

Hopefully we won't see a repeat of such a thing, but if history has taught us anything, it's that such things almost invariably manage to be repeated.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Hopefully we won't see a repeat of such a thing, but if history has taught us anything, it's that such things almost invariably manage to be repeated.

I never thought that it was possible that this could happen again - until I joined ATS!!! No disrespect meant to any members, more a question of my assumption that the world had learnt from this period of history. It is amazing how many people would rather believe that it didn't happen and that the Jews lied to just to get Israel. That is an over simplification but not far out. This seems to be especially true in former eastern block countries that were cut off from freedom of education for so long. It is very depressing. Anti-semitism is rife and I just don't get it.

What is even more worrying in my opinion is how easily some people speak about the muslims in the same terms used to describe the Jews 60 odd years ago. They speak as though they are less than human. I don't think many people in the west would put up much of a fight is there was a mass round up of these peoples.

What most people forget though is that before any Jew was put to death simply for being Jewish it was those that questioned the Nazis that were imprisoned in the camps. This is what the camps were set up for, not the Jews. The intelligensia were next. The first inmates at Auschwitz were Polish university students - 20,000 of them!!!

Things at the moment seem to be snowballing in that direction, I hope that I am wrong.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by KilgoreTrout]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join