It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

contacting stanton friedman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hi everyone, i would like to dig deeper into the whole ufo thing and try to make sense of everything. One day i would like to meet mr. friedman and maybe ask him questions. But does anyone know if there's a way to contact him and ask him questions now? Is there an email on his website?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
S.F.

There ya go.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
[email protected]

Stanton is a great guy. Very helpful and knowledgable. I grabbed a copy of the COMETA report from him a couple of years ago, and he was a pleasure to deal with. Very likeable person and a great asset to the field.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
But does anyone know if there's a way to contact him and ask him questions now? Is there an email on his website?

I see someone has provided the link.

I met Stanton last year at the Aztec UFO conference.

He is exceedingly a fine person to query. He's sort of a cross between Walter Brennen and a curmudgeonly old codger.

He doesn't suffer fools gladly.

He shreds them with wonderfully humorous logic and a well studied and trained mind that knows of what he speaks and obviously so.

I encourage you to reach out to contact him. He tends to be responsive.

But you'd best word your questions well or you won't get anything close to what you'd hope for in a response, all other things being equal.

Some of his answers can be very terse.

Keep in mind he's had thousands of questions over the decades he's been in the middle of this topic. And most questions are rather innane and have either obvious answers or are inherently unanswerable. He's not impressed by such questions and tends to give them fairly thinly veiled impatience but somewhat or slightly courteously so but with enough terseness to sort of signal that the question wasn't really worth the bother and would the questioner please come up with better questions or quit bothering him.

I Had fun over those 3 days experimenting with questions to try and get the longest answers from him. He seemed to enjoy my questions more than he did those of some folks. But it's not easy to get a lengthy response out of him.

I'd encourage you to read all the articles at his website before you ask him questions. Otherwise, for a lot of things, all you'll get is referred to those articles.

You mgitha lso go to Coast to Coast and search his name there and read all the summaries or listen to his visits there. It would take a membership, though.

I sukspect the same would be true at earthfiles.com Linda Moulton Howe's site.

In any case, if you can come up with questions that he thinks are worth his bother . . . he's well worth bothering. He's a great guy--quite candid, frank and not that puffed up about himself. On the other hand, he rightly knows that he's smarter than the average bear and especially than the average debunker.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Whenever I've heard him speak (mostly on the Paracast) I've been SO impressed. Open-minded yet possesed of a healthy skepticism, serious but humorous, he really seems like the best possible face one could put on this field.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
S.F.

He's also a regular contributor to this forum:
www.virtuallystrange.net...

[edit on 10-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
thanks for the reply guys! Hopefully he will write back, i tried to really think out my questions and hopefully he can share some of his own research from the past 30 years. I want to hear it from someone that has been doing it for years, like (if were really being visited, and did the government really stop searching for invibility). And i wrote a few more questions to.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
M:
Follow Bo's advice to the tee. I exchange e-mails w/SF periodically, but only when I have something profound and enigmatic to ask him and would like his expert opinion.

Check your spelling. Word your questions carefully. Don't ask anything pi-in-the-sky (SIC intentional) or anything that can be easily found in one of his books or on the 'net.

For example I've asked him about Greer's rather disillusioning descent to the dark side - his response was VERY interesting.

Here's a tip: buy something from his website (he personally autographs all the books he sends out - bonus!). You're more likely to get an answer you seek as a 'paying customer'. I don't mean to belittle this (it's not at all the same as, e.g., Greer's $800 love-ins), but simple economics and customer relations...

Good luck.

p.s. the best way to get something out of him is through his web site - posted previously - mention you just bought one of his books. It might help to READ up on his many position papers, etc. BEFORE posing your question(s).

Also, no offense, but my guess is he won't appreciate your avatar very much, so clean up the spelling/grammar and 'act' a bit more studious/conservative...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've sent Stan an email, thanking him on what he's done for the UFO community. I asked him if he would be speaking in my area over the next year. He thanked me for my kind words and let me know that he would not be in my area anytime soon, but he would be on a new documentary celebrating Roswell 50th Anniv. I don't know if I've seen it yet. It should be out already.

I sent a reply back to him asking if he's ever researched the possible Dulce underground base, no reply. I didn't bother sending another one. It was cool getting a reply back the first time though.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
For example I've asked him about Greer's rather disillusioning descent to the dark side - his response was VERY interesting.

Would you be so kind as to share it?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well i didn't tell him i come on ats, but i just tried to be partly anonymous, like a new person. Why wouldn't he like my avatar? What did he say about greer? I hope he does answer back, i tried to give him some compliments and i tried to have really good grammar. *holds his breath*

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
malakien- can you ask Stanton how much information he contributed to the bogus MJ12 documents and why he decided to be an accomplace in the MJ12 hoax. Was it just purely for money? was he trying to smoke out the truth? or a bit of both?

thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
malakien- can you ask Stanton how much information he contributed to the bogus MJ12 documents and why he decided to be an accomplace in the MJ12 hoax. Was it just purely for money? was he trying to smoke out the truth? or a bit of both?

Why not ask him yourself, yeti101? I'm sure that Stanton would like to hear your uninformed opinion on the matter directly.

I think the whole MJ/Stanton Friedman thing is explained once a month here, and yet you continue to misrepresent it for your own personal agenda, whatever it may be.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

thanks

I'll try, he still hasn't gotten back to me yet, how long does he wait to reply to a question? I should have written my question down on a paper beforehand, because my spelling wasn't that great in the email. Hopefully he does write me back, and will continue to write me back if i send him any more questions. And i am planning to buy some of his documentaries on his website, i still don't have a card that can buy stuff on the internet yet.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by malakiem]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
malkeim, if you wish to receive emails from stanton friedman i wouldn't ask those questions lol- all your future emails will go straight to deleted items.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
outrageo,

thanks for your kind words.

I sent a reply back to him asking if he's ever researched the possible Dulce underground base, no reply. I didn't bother sending another one. It was cool getting a reply back the first time though.

In my experience with Stanton, he is extremely cautious about . . . extremely fringe stuff. Not that he's afraid per se . . . though that might be a factor . . .

He just insists on saying significant things based only on solid evidence and logical interpretations.

I didn't have the feeling that he would chronically be dismissive out of hand--unless there was reason to be dismissive. He would prefer to be gentlemanly.

But he was not about to go on the public hook about a very fringe issue like Dulce Dracos without some very substantiated and more public info than is currently available on the topic.

When pressed on such topics in a public or potentially public way . . . he is very deft at giving a terminating clever non-answer. He's probably the best artist at that, that I've seen.

Just my take on him and that sort of ball park, anyway.

Outrageo can yea or nay or elaborate more educationally, probably.

new topics

top topics

join