It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Doppelganger Pics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Speaking as a photographer I can guarantee you this is perfectly explainable. It is a single exposure, also.

Deny Ignorance people.

[edit on 10/7/07 by SteveR]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A double exposure is a photograph that a negative that has been exposed twice. It's very simple to do accidently. The person probably took a photo of the girl, which didn't expose well, then took another giving the weird double effect. Or as someone else suggested the camera was left on a long exposure which would also leave this strange effect.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm always open to any and all theories and powers/energies.. But as a retired photographer myself, there is nothing you can NOT do with photoshop!! It is endless and seemless..

Even back in the old days of film, they had darkroom artists that did what they wanted with pictures.. True, not as in depth as todays digital darkroom but everything is possible with enough time..

Fun picture regardless though..

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's definitely a single exposure taken with a digital camera. The resulting ghost image is from the 2 separate flashes of the "red-eye reduction" feature coupled with the backward motion of the photographer. She had time to look up between flashes.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I grabbed the EXIF file data for this image in Photoshop, a 2 second shutter speed was used (which means she had that 2 seconds to change her head position & open her eyes).

It says red-eye reduction was not used, however the long shutter speed would explain it. I still think the photographer was moving or zooming out during that 2 second window.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The photo looks to me like this:

The girl on the bike is sitting uncomftably on the bike, to me it looks like she has just that instant perched there when the photo was taken.

The doppelganger is the girl as she was getting to sit where she is situated now, so the photo caught the girl's motion as she got on and positioned herself on the bike.

The Doppelganger's eyes being shut is the girl blinking, perhaps from the flash of the camera?

Spooky photo to look at first I have to say.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
It's definitely a single exposure taken with a digital camera. The resulting ghost image is from the 2 separate flashes of the "red-eye reduction" feature coupled with the backward motion of the photographer. She had time to look up between flashes.

exactly, i've done many shots like that. Or you could set the shutter speed to 1-2 seconds and set off flash just bedore closing the diafragma. Same effect.
Cool but nothing paranormal

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The Honda logo is also double/blurred in the image.

It looks like a slow exposure, combined with movement of the photographer, then a flash, is what produced this.

I have to go with this. I know with some cameras there is a setting which is configured for slave flashes and hat also sometimes gives strange anomolies if the subject is not completely still and the shutter speed is slowed AND te camera is not on a tripod. I go with SO on this on.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The light from the flash was bent while going through the winsheild of the motorbike---hence the
(warping effect ) of the light caused the distortions of picture.....

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Did you see the face??? How can the face be facing elsewhere if its a double exposure?

The shirt isnt the same

I'm not 100% sure its not double exposure, but it sure doesnt seem it to me!

I see the face and I see the same nose on both faces.
Definatly a camera trick(intentional or not), white t-shirt is just blurred so you can't see the pattern.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Imagine for a moment that it is a Doppelganger.

What would you have to say to that?

I thought they lived in other universes or other parts of the world

Why would this one be beside itself? (so to speak)

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A double exposure is often when someone accidently rolls the film back or starts to do so thinking they are out of film and another picture is taken over the first picture that was taken on the film.
In such a case her expression position and shirt could all be different.

sorry guys. I am an experienced photographer and this is easily explainable.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Scanned it. Real photo but semi-double exposure

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Look Under her arm. See the other arm. Really just double exposure.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I took a picture like that myself once.
I visited Bodmin jail in Cornwall in the south west of England, and was shocked to see what looked like a figure in the exact same pose with their head lolling to one side as those who had been hanged in the jail, as seen in the tour guide illustrations

I rushed to the gentleman at the ticket office to show him and he was quite impressed with the image which looked like this on the small screen of my sony cybershot digital camera

once I'd seen the full sized image though, it was obvious that the figure was my son (who for his street cred, I must say doesn't usually pull a face like that! )
You can clearly see the stripes of his addidas t-shirt.
I'm guessing that this was a side effect of taking the photo in a dark place, for which the camera perhaps used a slower shutter speed, as there were a few other pictures from the jail that had the same double exposure effect to them.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think it's her astral

This one is mine. It isn't a double exposure,as our spare room is where I have recorded a lot of strange phenomenon. When we first moved in and had all our boxes in our spare room; I use to hear them moving about, or the contents moving about and then when I turned to see what boxes it was coming from, it would stop.

It was also in this room, where my husband's deceased dad made an appearance by giving us the scent of Hamlet Cigars. (neither one of us smokes), and I saw his hair being lifted.

I have another one that is slightly different. Like I said, I think it is her astral.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join