It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancel your cellphone contract for free!! Try this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Sprint announced today that is canceling the service of at least 1,200 customers for what they deemed was excessive calling to their Customer Service department. One of the main reasons you could get you account terminated is asking for others people account information repeatedly .

Heck!! they even waived the final balances on the accounts.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
interesting..
Thats an info-nugget worth keeping.

"hi, my phone doesn't seem to be ringing very loud, Am I too far away from the tower?"

"hi, I got this wrong number the other day, and was wondering if you could find out if she's cute?"

'hello, yeah, i's me again..you recognized my voice? cool..I was just wondering, should I ever oil the hinge on my flip phone?"

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Oh man I wish Sprint wouldve done this years ago. I HATE SPRINT with a passion. They completely suck. Just my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
Oh man I wish Sprint wouldve done this years ago. I HATE SPRINT with a passion. They completely suck. Just my 2 cents

I feel ya!! I had Sprint too, and they always screw up my bill some way. I finally dump them like 2 years ago but not before paying the cancelation fee that I think it was like $120.00. But at the end I think it was a small fee to pay to get rid of all the headaches they were giving me.

I just wonder how in the world those guys got trough the Customer Service Dpt. almost 30 times a month!? The wait itself is like 20 hours!

I tip my hat to them 1,200 guys!

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
HHmmm...

I have Sprint, and I'm going to be asking that they close my account soon. Unfortunately, I wish I had thought of something like this sooner.

Not a lot of time before I need to have my cellphone turned off.

Actually, I have had few problems with Sprint, compared to the first cellphone carrier that I used back in the day. (for the life of me, can't remeber who it was though. ) *something I will probably think of when I least expect it*

Just real life situations dictate that I have less of a need for a cellphone, than other things.
--------

As a side note, maybe I should stop using the Complaint/Suggestions form here in Member Center so often.

[edit on 7/9/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I hope it touches off a storm of complaints. Think about it: the news is telling the country that Sprint is cancelling all these customers for complaining too much. Hell...if I wanted out of my cheesy contract with the likes of Sprint, I'd immediately start complaining ten time per day until they let me out of my contract AND pay off my final balance?? No brainer.....everyone that hates those idiots should start calling them like crazy!!

example:

Customer:Hi, oh hello? Yes....I have a serious complaint about your service.
Rep: How can I help you sir?
C: Well, recently my phone has started saying rude awful things to me.
R: I'm sorry sir...I don't understand. How can your phone talk to you never mind say rude things?
C: Isn't this customer service?
R: Yes...
C: Well, shouldn't you have the answer for me? I mean, earlier today I was having a nice lunch with my friend and my phone called me an asshole.
R: Sir, could you please refrain from profanity? Or else I will have to hang up.
C: Oh please don't hang up. I need help here. The other day I was in the men's room urinating next to a very big fellow and my phone said "The little guy next to you has a really small penis."
R: (trying to hold back laughter) Sir...I think you are making this up. You have a nice day now..
C: PLEASE oh please help me. Can I get a new phone? Maybe one that at least says that I have a decent sized penis?

*click*

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

new topics

top topics

join