It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Could Fuel War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Global Warming Could Fuel War

news.yahoo.com

Food and water shortages fueled in the future by global warming could spur conflicts and even wars over these essential resources, the authors of a new study warn.

History suggests the controversial idea might be on track.

Changes in climate, such as temperature and rainfall, can significantly alter the availability of crops, livestock and drinking water. Resource shortages could, in turn, prompt people to turn to war to get what they need to survive, several experts have warned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is certainly inevitable. I can only imagine a huge population of people withering away because of capitalistic greed and incompassion for altruism. Has anyone seen "RollerBabies?" It was a movie with Lucas Hass as a child that revealed a world where all water was stored and distributed to the select.

Crazy

AAC

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is very true, its already occurring in some parts of Africa over water and food and could very well happen in like Las Vegas or the Southwest here in the US if there was no water; this is actually a possibility as the Southwest is rapidly drying up.

Humans need water to survive and will do anything to get it (including killing their own family members). Never underestimate the will of humans and how far they will go.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is exactly what I have been telling my mom for years. She seems to think that investing in Gold and diamonds are where its at. I asked her how she is going to eat or drink that gold in 10 years. I don't really understand how she doesn't see my point and just thinks that food and water are always going to be around. I highly suggest everyone start thinking about investing in one of these.

top topics

join