It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great news for smokers and drinkers!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Great news for those of us who enjoy a smoke and a drink, no need to justify my habit's anymore except to say that i am improving my health. Read on friends.

Study finds smoking wards off Parkinson's disease

news.yahoo.com

There is more evidence to back up a long-standing theory that smokers are less likely to develop Parkinson's disease than people who do not use tobacco products, researchers reported on Monday.

One is that carbon monoxide or other agents in tobacco smoke exert a protective effect and promote survival of brain neurons that produce dopamine, which allows muscles to move properly and is lacking in Parkinson's cases.
Cigarettes may also somehow prevent the development of toxic substances that interfere with proper neurological functioning.

Study finds alcohol doesn't kill off brain cells

www.news.com.au

NEW research, to be revealed at a conference of some of the world's top neuroscientists in Cairns today, has found alcohol does not kill off brain cells as always thought.

Not only is smoking and drinking good for me but a cigarette hanging suggestively from my mouth makes me look cooler than i really am, and the drunker i get the funnier i am and the better looking the rest of you get.

I say we take back the clubs, pubs and restaurants and blow smoke in the faces of everyone who comes near us and tip jugs of beer down their throats, it is our moral responsibility to save these poor souls from premature health problems.
Viva la revolution, unite brothers and sisters and smoke and drink to your hearts content.

(cough cough, BURP) mojo.

:w:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thank God I don't have to worry about Parkinson's.

My liver might shrivel into a scared mass, and lung cancer might destroy my ability to breath, but hell, at least I won't get Parkinson's.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Going to die from something unless you believe your immortal. Might as well be a shriveled liver or scarred lung, good chance it wont be Parkinson's.

Not just Parkinson's, btw.

link

"Some of the best studies, done in Italy, show a bottle of wine a night can reduce the risk of dementia in old age," Professor Bartlett said.

In moderation, alcohol has positive benefits for blood vessel health and stroke prevention. And, as an added bonus, new brain cells are generated every day of our lives.

And considering up until now all the study's and reports flogged to the public only proclaimed the detrimental effects, at least this adds some balance. Particularly as Tobacco and Alcohol have been used for thousands of years.

If you hadnt noticed i wasnt being completely serious in my OP.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Thank God I don't have to worry about Parkinson's.

My liver might shrivel into a scared mass, and lung cancer might destroy my ability to breath, but hell, at least I won't get Parkinson's.

great way of putting it into prospective

eather way your fudged

top topics

join