It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted articles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hi,

Here is just an idea: there are several cases of people whose deaths are suspected to really have been murders, although they officially are called suicides. These cases might be good (relevant) to have pages about. For example Marilyn Monroe, Kurt Cobain, and probably many others I haven't heard about or can't remember at the moment.

At least it seems there are few if any pages about such cases at the moment.

Optimist

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
That is true! We could sure use pages on people like that. I just read recently that they are redoing some autopsy work on Jim Morrison over some questions aboiut his death,. Then there is the guy who jumped out the window when the CIA spiked his drink with '___'. Yes, I see Optimist. You have opened up a whole new world of TinWiki articles. Once we get enough we may even need to make a new category: People. Excelellent thinking!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
William One Sac,

Thank you, I was glad to hear this was an interesting thought. Another person who I have read is suspected to have really been murdered, is Hunter S. Thompson. So that makes five then. To just say a number, I would guess there are maybe ten or even twenty publicly known suicide cases that are commonly suspected to maybe have been murders.

Optimist

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hey Optimist,good idea for a tinwki mate.

Please add Gary Webb to the list,2 shots to head!Suicide!
The guy was a real truth seeker,and it cost him.

Quote from link

"Coroner Robert Lyons said his office had been swamped with calls. "It's unusual in a suicide case to have two shots," he said, "but it has been done in the past, and it is in fact a distinct possibility."

dwb.sacbee.com...

heres a link to what he worked on,hes a contender for your tinwiki,no?

www.lycaeum.org...

Also theres a bloke who jumped out of the window of a hotel in the 60s/70s while on '___'-suicide was blamed although he was part of the MKultra program,can`t remember his name right now,will update if I do.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Silcone Synapse, Hi, thank you for replying to this idea. Gary Webb sounds like a case that should definitely have a page regarding such types of death, I mean alleged suicides that are suspicious and seem like they could instead actually be murders.

I was thinking right now that perhaps it would be a good idea to create a category for such pages, maybe it could be called "People whose alleged suicides are suspected to have been murders", or something like that.

Anyway, I will list the names in the new tinWiki "Wanted Pages" page, that have come up here and which aren't listed already, William One Sac's suggestion of Jim Morrison, and my suggestion of Hunter S. Thomson.

As for Gary Webb, I was going to initiate a page about him right now and discovered that a page was in fact recently created a couple of months ago, by user Red. Right now it's very short, and with a fairly "acerbic" or ironic or something tone. I will add to that article using the information you posted. Since the articles in tinWiki are open to, and supposed to, be edited by anyone who can contribute, it would of course be great if you'd like to improve the information. A wiki is a collaborative website writing project, which also means one can edit articles started by other people, and other people might also edit articles started by oneself (is that a word?). Each page has its own talk page, though, so the writing of each article can be discussed.

In case you are not familiar with formatting wiki pages I'll just quickly mention that it's somewhat like the bb codes in these forum posts. Line breaks are made simply by pressing Enter, like normal. Links are made by surrounding the url with square brackets. (Preferably write the name of the target page inside the square brackets -- after the url + a blank space, that way the link will appear with a sensible name instead of as just a url.) Anyway, there is a toolbar, like there is here when writing forum posts, so that should be of some help with formatting. For more extensive help with editing the wiki pages, look here and here.

Anyway, I appreciate it that you support this idea for articles. And again, feel free to work on pages, the only rules that are probably important are to write in one's own words and to name one's sources (for example at the bottom of the article text). As they say, "have fun!" :-)

Optimist

edit: About link formatting, I made a mistake -- it's really to either 1) just paste the link as it is, or 2) put the space and name after and surrounding with brackets. Only brackets (and no space and name) will make a tiny reference number instead... Those are useful too sometimes, but not for making a regular link. Sorry that I mixed that up a bit.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Optimist]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
New category has been created: Alleged suicides suspected to be murders.

I must say I am pretty happy with both the idea and with the name for the category. Hopefully you others like it, too, administrators, users, guests and what other types there may be . . .

Optimist

top topics

join