It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Image from Spirit on Mars showing UFO???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
Too bad it is not a better shot. Possibly a spect on the lense.

No its not a spec on the lens because it does not show on the other images of the set. (unless you mean dust)

We have looked at this one before in another thread. Forget which page, its a long thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The problem is there are so many threads showing Martian anomalies its hard to keep track of all of them

If you go to the Rover site and look up the rest of the images for that Sol you will see... its only in one image...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

No its not HiRISE to low in the sky and you would not see it in the daytime

No its not a "flying boulder"

No its not one of the moons again too low

Here is a picture of the moons captured at night by Spirit, proving that the moons did not leave orbit

No Spirit is not alone up there... there is Opportunity as well

So its either a spec of dust or a UFO that pops in for one frame

[edit on 10-7-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Since the subject was raised, I'd like to know how in the world does
the Rover keep it's lens from being covered with dust?

Quite simply really... the secret astronaut corps that has been on Mars for sometime does service calls

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Its a Ufo! I love to watch these photos get picked over by people. There is always an explaination other than "Its a fargin UFO!"

Yeah, but some UFOs are more "U" than others. It's interesting that this one shows up just a big storm's a-brewin'. However, I think that even a small dust bunny would be interesting, because there shouldn't be anything around to hold a ball of Martian dust together. Static cling? Maybe. But there still has to be something on the inside of the ball to hold the opposite charge. A lot of similarly-charged dust particles are not going to cling together on their own.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by carewemust
Since the subject was raised, I'd like to know how in the world does
the Rover keep it's lens from being covered with dust?

Quite simply really... the secret astronaut corps that has been on Mars for sometime does service calls

I think you're right. It's the Space Marines, keeping Mars safe for democracy.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Seriously?
The martian atmosphere is so thin I doubt even the fastest winds would blow over an empty wheelie bin -

Oh yes seriously Those dust storms on Mars are killers... cover the whole planet!! Who told you the atmosphere was thin? NASA? Oh that's right they never lie

Clouds on Mars taken from opportunity

Weather on Mars

Spirit was covered with dust before

Dust Devils rescue Spirit
landoflegends.us...

But don't forget about al that mud they track up... now THAT would require the secret astronauts to clean up...

Okay Bye Bye 'm outta here

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Heres another interesting one, it might have been posted before so sorry if it has but I like the honesty from NASA on this.

The two bright spots that appear on the upper left are possibly Jupiter and Saturn, although this has yet to be proven.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i can't see anything

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The One on the upper left of the Navigation Cam (Left eye)
Has been there for months and months..Maybe even years.
It's a speck of dirt, dust...Etc..

Take a look back, over many many Sols..
Make sure the the camera is the left one..You can tell by the naming convention. the 4th character from the last in the image name denotes the Left (L), and the Right (R) cameras. The Right camera has no artifact.

I'm not sure about the other speck, on the right side of the image..I suspect it's probably dust as well..

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
The One on the upper left of the Navigation Cam (Left eye)

DOH!!!
Your right I forgot about the right and left. Good find...

Well that's that one solved...

Move along folkes shows over. Next anomaly...take the door on the left

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What would happen if the rover took the shot just as a meteorite was on its way to mars? too much of a coincidence?

off topic here but try www.coincidence.com
kinda strange result don't you think? perhaps not? findarticles.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Someone wanted the spots pointed out to him

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow Kaiwynn! You found the unedited image that Nasa didn't show the public!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That could be a mosquito flying around near the rover. Now before you say there isn't mosquitoes on Mars I have one question for you. When was the last time you visited Mars? I rest my case.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Is the camera pointing roughly in the direction of the Sun ? If so, then any moons would be essentially invisible, since they would be almost "new".

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Is it me, or does that pic look like its on a beach?? Sun block anybody?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by clevengercm

There is certainly a lot of sand there. Some folks looking at the tread tracks made by the Rovers are convinced they're seeing evidence of some kind of soil moisture that presents the appearance of "mud." I look at it and see the kind of smooth clumping that you get from a very dry powder, like baby powder. Martian sand and dust, blown around for a few million years, would tend to be extremely fine. And, of course, those blueberries, being round, will also have a kind of ball bearing effect, making the dust even more slippery, making it look even more like mud.

It's not a very pleasant place to be, although pretty to look at.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think I see the lens cleaners footprints in the tracks!

Seriously though, I think it is a spec of dust, I have enlarged it many times for a better look.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Some folks looking at the tread tracks made by the Rovers are convinced they're seeing evidence of some kind of soil moisture that presents the appearance of "mud."

Ah yes...those folks would happen to work at NASA

Other images show the rover tracks clearly are being made in "mud", with water being pressed out of that material, Levin said. "That water promptly freezes and you can see reflecting ice. That's clearly ice. It could be nothing else," he said, "and the source is the water that came out of the mud."

Source: NASA report at Space.com

Originally posted by SuicideVirus I look at it and see the kind of smooth clumping that you get from a very dry powder, like baby powder. Martian sand and dust, blown around for a few million years, would tend to be extremely fine.

Hmmm well that MIGHT be an explanation... the loose powdery thingy... IF thats what the soil was like in Gustev (where Opportunity and the Blue Berries are)

But it seems thats not the case...

Scientists were also surprised by how little the soil was disturbed when Spirit's robotic arm pressed the Mössbauer spectrometer's contact plate directly onto the patch being examined. Microscopic images from before and after that pressing showed almost no change. "I thought it would scrunch down the soil particles," Squyres said. "Nothing collapsed. What is holding these grains together?"...

The instrument found the most prevalent elements in the soil patch were silicon and iron. It also found significant levels of chlorine and sulfur, characteristic of soils at previous martian landing sites but unlike soil composition on Earth.

Squyres said, "There may be sulfates and chlorides binding the little particles together." Those types of salts could be left behind by evaporating water, or could come from volcanic eruptions, he said.

NASA Mars Rover’s First Soil Analysis Yields Surprises

[edit on 13-7-2007 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join