It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Image from Spirit on Mars showing UFO???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Since the subject was raised, I'd like to know how in the world does
the Rover keep it's lens from being covered with dust? Even in less
dusty places on Earth our car windows, eye glasses, etc.. get dirty
within hours. This machine has been in one of the most dusty
environments for months (years?) and the photos are still coming
in! Could there be some type of special fluid and wiper that cycles
every so often? Or..maybe the Hollywood stage set that was used
for Apollo is now being used for the Rover.

Actually, that was a big concern at first, that the rovers would get covered with dust and die quickly from lack of power. But the wind is strong enough to keep the solar panels relatively clear. The camera lenses are pretty well covered and shielded, but they probably also get cleaned by the wind now and then. I don't think they have any kind of windshield wipers or anything, although it should be relatively easy to find that out if I wasn't so incredibly lazy.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know in a few of the Mars Rover images if you download the largest viewable image and really zoom into the backgrounds you do see what seems to be airborn annomolies and a bit different than your normal dust spec culprits. I believe this to be another photo showing more going on Mars wise than weve been told. The amount of Mars imagery with annomolies is staggering yet always dismissed by many.
Nice find btw.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Maybe someone who is not as lazy as we are will find out how the
lens stays so clean. If you watch the NASCAR races you see the
onboard cameras get covered with dust even though the wind is
really whipping over the lens at high speed. I don't think the
wind keeps the Rover's lens so clean. In fact, it's amazingly
clean considering the conditions and months of continuous
exposure.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Take one bottle of Windex, spray lens, wipe with cloth, return to Mars base. Easy when you know how!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Good find..
I will be conservative and say they are the moons of Mars BUT you never know.
It did make me wonder why there are very few (if any) shots of the moons from the surface.
Also, I heard that they had hired a contractor to clean the lenses, his name is said to be Ima Nalien

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Neato neato! Wonder what it is? The moon idea doesn't really add up to me... like someone said, thats way to low on the horizon to be visible. There are a lot of winds on mars... wonder if its just something being blown around.

Great find OP! I'd give you applause, but I'm not a member of the Mod-Squad!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I was searching for some explanation of what this might be and see if the rovers had some sort of cleaning mechanism on the camera because that also intrigues me how they keep it so clean, but I couldn't find anything.

A couple of years ago something like this also showed up on the pictures and was discussed here.

This is the image in question.
Apparently this is a picture by the same (left) camera 1 minute before, and this is 1 minute after.

More interesting is this picture fired 1 millisecond after the first one (the one with the artifact) by the right camera.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I wasn't sure what to make of them at first. So i went to marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/all/spirit.html and looked at other pisc. take a look at navigational camera sol 1248. You will see that 2 of the 3 pics has part of the scenes blocked out. In my opinion they would only do that if there was something there they didn't want you to see. I would have posted the pics here, But im not sure how to. Something i will have to figure out how to do. Anyways, after seeing that i would have to assume that there is something to the spots you see in sol 1249 panoramic view. And also in sol 064(pic 7 ) navigational view, You will see the same exact spot on the top left of picture.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by russ1969]

[edit on 10-7-2007 by russ1969]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It's just some bugs, relax...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I just got sent an annoymous image from someone calling themselves "whistleblower" what do you think of this!!

img400.imageshack.us...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Nice find wildone

A UCLA film student probably cleans the lens after each photograph is taken on the miniature set in studio B on the Universal lot.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I just wanted to make Chad/Issac proud of me! Hope yer readin this buddy!!

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 10-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think I see a transformer......

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think the best Mars UFO photo, though, is the 63A Spirit photo. Three years later, and I don't think anybody ever came up with a good explanation for it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Suicide;
That image looks very similar to the image taken by phobos 1 and or 2 before they went silent.
That ones maybe a little longer than the one im referring to. I made a thread about it a couple of weeks ago, Located here

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
is it me or does the ground seem extremely wet just look at the tracks of the rover, also no way wind could keep those lenses clean or keep blowing the dust off the solar panels so if i am correct there is only 2 explanations left 1. its a studio , 2. someone or something on mars is keeping them clean you decide!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Suicide;
That image looks very similar to the image taken by phobos 1 and or 2 before they went silent.
That ones maybe a little longer than the one im referring to. I made a thread about it a couple of weeks ago, Located here

They're sort of similar. However, if you look closely at the 63A object, it appears to be "bumpy" or segmented in some way. If the photo is of long duration, that might indicate that rather than being a long object, it might be a short object that is somehow rotating or tumbling. It's been suggested that it could be one of the many dead probes still in orbit around Mars, but I've never seen anybody show evidence of which specific probe it probably is. So that qualifies it as a UFO.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
I think the best Mars UFO photo, though, is the 63A Spirit photo. Three years later, and I don't think anybody ever came up with a good explanation for it.

It looks like a tether to me. Most likely they will have one near every planet that we plan to explore and set up faculties on. Ive heard of nasa having plans to put one above mars, but to my knowledge that had not done it. But i dont believe they will tell us everything they do.Do you ?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That looks like a piece of the famous Martian dust.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Its a Ufo! I love to watch these photos get picked over by people. There is always an explaination other than "Its a fargin UFO!"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join