It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Image from Spirit on Mars showing UFO???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hi all,

can anyone tell me what these 2 things on the picture are? Maybe one is HiRise but it seem a little low for that any thoughts?

One is located on the right just above the horizon and the other is located top left just off the picture....

Image Here

Taken from Spirit :: Navigation Camera :: Sol 1249

[edit on 9-7-2007 by ScepticEireGuy]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The Spirit rover is probably one of the greatest scientific expeditions of our time. I still find it hard to believe that the little rover is all alone, braving Mars with nothing but solar panels keeping it going. I mean, its on another planet!
Truly puts things into perspective.

I'm not sure what those objects are, might be dust or dodgy pixels?
Would be cool if they were something more living though.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Very good find - I suppose interference/ pixelation/ bits od dust flying by in the wind - the usual comments - My favourite though is its a bird you can tell by the beak and the wings - LOL.

But seriously a good find

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chupa101

I'm not sure what those objects are, might be dust or dodgy pixels?

Thats what I was thinking at first but the one on the top left looks nothing like dodgy pixels and the other one is too far out to tell....still interesting that NASA posted it without taking these out

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I believe it to be a very small moon in a close orbit around the planet. It's a bit out of focus, because at that altitude, it has to be moving pretty fast.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's probably just a couple of bugs squashed on the lens.

Hang on bugs?!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ohh, that's just one of them flying humanoids.

www.wunderkabinett.co.uk...

They get high ounce every day and twice on Sunday.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
I believe it to be a very small moon in a close orbit around the planet. It's a bit out of focus, because at that altitude, it has to be moving pretty fast.

It might very well be the case. Mars' moons (Phobos and Deimos) are very irregular and small.

I'm not sure if the mars rovers ever got a picture of the moons from the surface of Mars, so I'm not sure how they appear in Mars' sky.

Unfortunately we have no way of confirming what exactly this is, unless NASA shows us what the moons look like from Mars. It also could be some sort of artifact already pointed out by other people, dust particles, compression/transmission data errors, etc.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by danx]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Oh it's just a martian ledimer. Anyone can see that.

(Dust?)

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I heard that the rovers are getting slammed pretty hard by a dust storm and might not survive it. Maybe this is a flying boulder.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Too bad it is not a better shot. Possibly a spect on the lense.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
I heard that the rovers are getting slammed pretty hard by a dust storm and might not survive it. Maybe this is a flying boulder.

Seriously?

The martian atmosphere is so thin I doubt even the fastest winds would blow over an empty wheelie bin - could be wrong but do boulders ever fly about on earth? The rover prob don't weigh that much it woulda been blown over by now.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Its CGI
or its viral marketing of some sort.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Am i the only one who can't find what hes talking about?can someone please cirlce them?

Nowthen ,hes right about the storm its been on major news sites,the storm was so strong sand blocked out 90% of sunlight if i remember correctly

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well, it could be martians or it could be dots on the emulsion. I'm hoping it's martians.
Wicked

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
could be several photo anomalies, like dust on lens, dust flying by, light refraction, just a fault in the picture. You never really know. too bad it's not a better shot.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Since the subject was raised, I'd like to know how in the world does
the Rover keep it's lens from being covered with dust? Even in less
dusty places on Earth our car windows, eye glasses, etc.. get dirty
within hours. This machine has been in one of the most dusty
environments for months (years?) and the photos are still coming
in! Could there be some type of special fluid and wiper that cycles
every so often? Or..maybe the Hollywood stage set that was used
for Apollo is now being used for the Rover.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
Am i the only one who can't find what hes talking about?can someone please cirlce them?

I do believe this is what he is talking about: (image at 60% size)

100% Size with Circles
Original Image

My original and first thoughts were the one on the right was a moon, and the left one was just a spec on the lens.

[edit on 9/7/2007 by SilentShadow]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't think you could see a Mars moon that low to the horizon,
because you'd be looking through so much dust/dirt/sand particles.
Remember the shot from Rover that showed a Martian sunset that
was posted on ATS in May? You could hardly see the sun due to
looking through so much atmospheric debris. It was eeriely beautiful.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Is there anything that large on Mars that could be carried by the wind? Obviously, here on Earth, we have trees and leaves and Burger King wrappers and all kinds of other junk. But is it possible without there being hair or some kind of organic fiber for dust to lump to gether somehow and form a kind of Martian "dust bunny" that could be carried aloft in the thin air?

I'm thinking that there isn't anything like that there. Even dust bunnies under your bed form because of fibers clinging together. And Mars ain't got none.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join