Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Who drew the X-men the best ??

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I wanna see who was your best pick as to who portrayed the mutants in all their glory,it could be from any era or any costume form.








posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If you guys need more pics to help you visualize which to pick here's a few more pics this time all are by the legendary Arthur Adams,if you could post something feel free , so I won't be in mutant misery.






posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If I had to choose any one artist, I'd have to go with Jim Lee. His run on Uncanny as well as the self titled X-Men I think were the best thus far.



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The best artist to have graphically envisioned the X-men? That's easy. In my book Neal Adams was the best artist to have drawn this dynamic team of mutants. Neal does more than dazzle the reader with his beautiful penciling. He leads the reader through the books with a clear concise storytelling ability.

Frankly, reading anything drawn by Neal Adams is like viewing the story-boards for a motion picture (except Neal's pencils will tell that story better than any film).



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdimer
If I had to choose any one artist, I'd have to go with Jim Lee. His run on Uncanny as well as the self titled X-Men I think were the best thus far.
Yeah Valdimer, I think of jim lee as one of the greats who has graced the pages of the mutants. Wasn't the first issue of x-men he did sold about 8 million copies(due to the alternate covers).I also put him as one of the best in the fantastic four series he did in the late 90's.





posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Frankly, reading anything drawn by Neal Adams is like viewing the story-boards for a motion picture (except Neal's pencils will tell that story better than any film).
Your right about that benevolent tyrant , Neal Adams is also one of my favorite artists that drew batman(I've got alote of issues from his run). The way he draws the characters facial expressions are unbelievable and the way that man could tell a story, I wonder why he's not directin' hollywood movies.



posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'd also have to say that the Kubert (sp?) run was pretty awesome too. I believe he took over right after Lee left to form Image, and I thought that he carried the feel of the series really well, and it really drew me in with the artwork.



posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdimer
I'd also have to say that the Kubert (sp?) run was pretty awesome too. I believe he took over right after Lee left to form Image, and I thought that he carried the feel of the series really well, and it really drew me in with the artwork.
Thanks for the post Valdimer since we're both wearin' our spidey-suits today.I have a couple of the X-men issues from that run sighned by Andy Kubert himself. He's a great artist and the rest of his fam included, I know this off character topic but has any seen Andy's work on the Batman run he's done recently.If ya don't mind come on over to my other thread called "wanna see my sketches???" which anyone can write down any suggestions of characters for me to draw.








top topics



 
0

log in

join