It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels Found near Iran's Nuke Sites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I will remind you that the ONLY REASON for the two nations of the US and USSR having Nuclear weapons was the assurance of Mutual Destruction. If those who think that getting rid of ALL NUCLEAR weapons is a bad idea than they need to go back in history, oh lets say 10 or so years ago, to see that the OLD USSR is no more. So, the need for Nuclear weapons because of the assurance of Mutual Destruction is NO MORE.

Lets expand our minds a little bit, and see the real reason for PICKING AND CHOOSING WHO WE WANT TO HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS and WHO WE DONT, because the real reason we allowed certain nations to have them is the Military Industrial Complex of both nations.

This isn't the 50's and 60's anymore, the people of the World understand why ONLY INDIA AND PAKISTAN HAVE NUKES IN THERE REGION.

WestPoint23, I wouldn't disagree with you if the Berlin Wall hadn't fell, if the USSR hadn't split up, etc. Now, in 2007, I disagree.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
does the media not have anything better to do than attempt to scare the feeble minded with the disinformation about attempting to build a nuclear facility inside a mountain. Do you think over in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan.... any of the U.S's enemy states they are propagating through the media, "US building secret base inside mountain, or US practicing nuclear drills" No they probably have better things to do than muster the fear of their own citizens to thinking everyone outside of their country is out to get them, when in retrospect its those in charge that are truly out to do harm to their own.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

by uberarcanist
Winning the war is easy but winning the ensuing insurgency will be impossible.

There should be a permanent no-fly zone imposed over Iran until they submit to full IAEA control. Worked good over Iraq, just wasn't comprehensive enough.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that if anything happens to Iran, Israel is toast.

Just remember, Israel has 200-300 nuclear weapons. So they won't be the only ones who are 'toast'.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Kicking and Screaming? I think it's probably something more like a wave of B-2 Spirits to kick things off. Followed on by thousands of tomahawks. Then maybe they'll start in with some B-1's, B-52's, F-117's and endless sorties from 3-4 Aircraft carriers.

So yes, your right, kicking and screaming won't accomplish anything. But I think it's a bit naive to think that's all America can do. There will be a Red Line that Iran will cross. Too late for some, not soon enough for others. But the effect will be the same.

There will be repurcussions.

If you think Iran are going to take that lying down, or the Shia Iraqis or Hezbollah are going to do nothing in retaliation, then you are in for quite a horrid surprise.

Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani of Iraq, who urged Shias to vote in the elections, who urged women to vote in the elections also, and who holds much influence with Iraq's Shias, has reportedly said that if Iran is attacked, it will be the duty of every Shia Iraqi to kill an American soldier.

How's that for a hit to the US counter-insurgency drive?

People have this suicidal and immoral notion that the US can bomb anywhere it likes with impunity, and kill and wound people in other lands with impunity and without a care, yes people like you and me, as it chooses as a solution to 'everything', and that there would not be bad and terrible repurcussions for it.

This never ceases to amaze, or terrify.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by Regensturm]

[edit on 10-7-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Not too different from the rest of the worlds view of the US eh?

Can't do anything about it, apart from waging war...

Get it straight, it's the current Administrations war, not the average US persons (who's goverment was stolen from them in 2000). Get over your hate
Its so easy to just genralize.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Oh, and I forgot to mention that if anything happens to Iran, Israel is toast.

how so? can Israel even fit in a toaster? oh you kid, u kid

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

by Regensturm
If you think Iran are going to take that lying down, or the Shia Iraqis or Hezbollah are going to do nothing in retaliation, then you are in for quite a horrid surprise.

Sorry if I gave that impression. I am fully aware of the potential consequences. Which will only escalate the War. I for one think we American's are quite misguided in having so many of our military forces within missile shot of Iran. Not to mention putting Aircraft Carriers in a ss-n-22 (Sunburn) shooting gallery. Or how about those Chinese made bottom tethered mines.

So no, I'm not saying I necessarily agree with everything that's going to happen, but I see it happening nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I only see this gettin worse and worse, reguardless of the tunnels being for nuke waste, or nuke research, its the evidence america needs to justify a smackdown.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
I only see this gettin worse and worse, reguardless of the tunnels being for nuke waste, or nuke research, its the evidence america needs to justify a smackdown.

so digging a hole now is enough to justify glassing the place?

(...)

```````````````````
deleted personal attack

[edit on 11/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

Sorry if I gave that impression. I am fully aware of the potential consequences. Which will only escalate the War. I for one think we American's are quite misguided in having so many of our military forces within missile shot of Iran. Not to mention putting Aircraft Carriers in a ss-n-22 (Sunburn) shooting gallery. Or how about those Chinese made bottom tethered mines.

So no, I'm not saying I necessarily agree with everything that's going to happen, but I see it happening nonetheless.

I think it's a high possibility. The NeoCons have no rationale, no logic, no reason to consider the consequences.

I've heard that after taking Baghdad in 2003, many NeoCons were pushing for Bush to send the US Military on into Iran.

On both sides in a war, the US and Iran in response, it will be the leaders who will send their citizens and their children to war.

It won't be Bush's kids. I doubt it will be Ahmadinejad's kids.

What I am saying is it is the man at the back who says everyone attack.

What does Bush care if the numbers of US Soldiers killed in Iraq is approaching 4,000?

What does Bush care about the tens and tens of thousands of Iraqis killed in the consequences of the invasion of Iraq.

It only affects him politically, but he will be gone in 2008, if there is not some 'Martial law' put into affect.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined

so digging a hole now is enough to justify glassing the place?

how ignorant can 1 fool be.

about as ignorant it is to call someone ignorant.

You should really learn some manners, and not name call, that is the mind of a feeble person, Talk some facts and talk some sense, rather then call someone Ignorant for a comment or fact finding post,

Contribute or move on, Your negitive one liners aren't welcome, Unless of course you talk something other then 3rd grade name calling.

Iran's government isnt a very nice one, their people for the most part are wonderious, but their government wants to destroy and take away the FREEWILL of many of the outsiders of their country, they have and will conitunue to make threats apon many nations in suddle and bold ways.

This is known, rather then comment unintelligently, Please express your views and opinon in a manner that is productive rather then non-productive if you cannot, maybe talk to a family member or english teacher maybe a psychiatrist or counsler as this "ignorant" use/choice of words are not helping find truth or even deny ignorance as the motto goes.

The post was made apon information found on different sites thruout the course of 3 years, these are "things" to keep a eye on, just becuz I stated "smackdown" can be taken many other ways, Verbaly, physicaly, mentaly, and politicaly, Its not my faught you chose the hands on approach, and that is your choice, But to call someone ignorant, well you might wanna read more on that meaning of the word and what that person has posted in the past and present and really weigh that apon such factors, But 1st and utmost

To call someone names without a clear understanding of what is happening, is Ignorant.

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Ignorance is sometimes misinterpreted as a synonym of stupidity, and is as thus often taken as an insult.

Meaning Of Ignorance

thank you - Move along

Forum manners and lack thereof

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join