It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has anybody got a signal close to this on seti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
www.planetary.org...@h_movie/WowWu3/S@h_movie19.avi
www.planetary.org...@h_movie/WowWu1/S@h_movie17.avi
I hope these work. some day this will be like wining the lotorey for sombody.
here is the lin for pics

www.planetary.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hi slayerfan!

Unfortunately no....

As it says though, this was test data (recorded 1977) but it would be fantastic if we *could* find the WOW! signal again.

It'd be good if it was found by an ATS SETI@home member too!!

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I downloaded the program and its going off :p

going to join now...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I find it tottaly point less to scan for radeo waves...

becouse there already here! BUT then again there migt be a race just like us still in the radeo wave age

ALSO i hope you know that seti is hundreds of people scan the same data packet so its kinda pointless..

(AT leas thats what I heard from a former seti user who used if for manny years then stoped ater he found that out!)

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
No, but this is as close as I have come

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I downloaded the program and its going off :p

going to join now...

Cheers Lysergic!!

Welcome "aboard"!!

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
I find it tottaly point less to scan for radeo waves... BUT then again there migt be a race just like us still in the radeo wave age

ALSO i hope you know that seti is hundreds of people scan the same data packet so its kinda pointless..

Hi Dmsoldier!

I'm respect your viewpoints, although I think I detect *some* sympathy when you mention that *other* Aliens *could* be in the "radio" age like ourselves? Of course, when we talk of radio we're actually looking at specific parts of the radio *spectrum*, not necessarily "Alien FM"!!

As regards "hundreds of people scanning the same data packet ie WU..." - well, *that* might be the case (I'm not as knowledgable as your friend) but I do *know* that data is *still* being collected from Arecibo and soon SETI@home Southern Hemisphere and Astropulse will come on-line - and there will be new data to "crunch". A shame, perhaps, that your friend won't take part in that...

Thank you for your valued comments DM!!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
on the other hand....

do we actually meaningfully SEND OUT radio waves in the hope of something recieving it and paying us a visit?

Chris

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris

do we actually meaningfully SEND OUT radio waves in the hope of something recieving it and paying us a visit?

Chris

Hi Chris!!

We certainly have done this ie "beamed" signals deliberately to stars in the hope that "somebody" up there will receive them. For example the Arecibo broadcast

"In 1974, the most powerful broadcast ever deliberately beamed into space was made from Puerto Rico. The broadcast formed part of the ceremonies held to mark a major upgrade to the Arecibo Radio Telescope. The transmission consisted of a simple, pictorial message, aimed at our putative cosmic companions in the globular star cluster M13. This cluster is roughly 21,000 light-years from us, near the edge of the Milky Way galaxy, and contains approximately a third of a million stars."

Of course, all this was highly specualtive - 42k years "round time" is rather extreme, but it demonstrated the resolve - and put into place techniques (like coding signals of *what* to send) - which was really the point behind it. And it sure was much cheaper than attempting to send a rocket 21k LY away!!

Thanx Chris!!

top topics

join