It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report finds 'gaping hole' at Homeland Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Report finds 'gaping hole' at Homeland Security

www.chron.com

WASHINGTON — The Bush administration has failed to fill roughly a quarter of the top leadership posts at the Department of Homeland Security, creating a "gaping hole" in the nation's preparedness for a terrorist attack or other threat, according to a congressional report to be released today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kansascity.com
www.startribune.com
www.earthtimes.org

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The Bush adminstration has failed. Period.

This is disgusting, and yet not surprising.
In my opinion, they have increased terrorism
worldwide, and now they have impaired the
security of this nation.

At what point is it treason? Sedition?

And don't get me wrong, the thought of Cheney,
or Pelosi running this nation is quite frightening.

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It seems to me that the only "gaping holes" are the borders. Exactly how many leaders do we need in DHS? I guess what we really need is more people to loaf around to absorb our tax dollars.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
are there not enough leather jack boots and long coats to be issued then

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just saw on CNN.. 138 out of 575 jobs remain unfilled.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for less government, but
maybe this is one of the reasons we STILL have
gaping holes in our border.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for less government, but
maybe this is one of the reasons we STILL have
gaping holes in our border.

No, if DHS was fully staffed there would STILL be gaping holes in the border. DHS is nothing but desk jockeys who tell law enforcement what to do. INS staffs the border. Unfortunately, INS now falls under DHS jurisdiction, so as long as the lackeys in DHS are in charge, nothing will happen.

One of the biggest problems with the gaping holes in our border are that those holes can be five feet from any field agent. Why? Because they get arrested and jailed for shooted drug-running mexicans that come across the border. If they would loosen up the shock-collars on the agents, we wouldn't be looking for busses to ship them back, we'd be looking for holes deep enough to bury them.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
It seems to me that the only "gaping holes" are the borders. Exactly how many leaders do we need in DHS? I guess what we really need is more people to loaf around to absorb our tax dollars.

Urrgh ... I was just about to type that.

What good is all this homeland security if we are leaving our borders and immigration system wide open for all to come in?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
No, if DHS was fully staffed there would STILL be gaping holes in the border. DHS is nothing but desk jockeys who tell law enforcement what to do. INS staffs the border. Unfortunately, INS now falls under DHS jurisdiction, so as long as the lackeys in DHS are in charge, nothing will happen.

One of the biggest problems with the gaping holes in our border are that those holes can be five feet from any field agent. Why? Because they get arrested and jailed for shooted drug-running mexicans that come across the border. If they would loosen up the shock-collars on the agents, we wouldn't be looking for busses to ship them back, we'd be looking for holes deep enough to bury them.

Oh I absolutely agree, I'm just as disgusted as you are.
I think they're leaving us vulnerable to attack on purpose,
so when that "spectacular" goes down, they'll have no
problem spinning it to their advatantage.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Homeland Security Vacancies Called 'Enormous' Security Risk

Thompson noted that the report finds an unusually high number of critical national security jobs at the department filled by political appointees.

We're screwed.

"But what's worse than a Homeland Security organization with poor leadership is a homeland security organization with no leadership. Not just a national security concern, DHS's lack of leadership has triggered record-low employee morale, an immeasurable disservice to the hundreds of thousands of men and woman working on the front lines to protect our country."

This administration's incompetence is astounding.
We're just asking to get attacked now.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The Department of Homeland Security is a HUGE unending spiral of Government Buerocacry. I am so sick and tired of hearing ads on the radio with the current admin PROPOGANDA wanting to hire thousands of Americans to fight the current popular war of BS. Just like the War on Drugs and the War on Poverty.

The Current slogan "War on Terrorism" is such utter nonsense that I can't believe the average US Citizen actually believes this crap.

The DHS should die a FAST death and as soon as ANY admin that is elected to do something for there own country, such as secure the boarders, WILL BE THE FIRST.

Hyprocacy by our Government is the worst KIND.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A congressional report says that 138 of its top 575 posts are vacant

Maybe the pay is not that good to attract people to apply for the jobs.
or people that are closes to homeland security activities can not stand been part of it, or the creation of homeland security was just for show and actually is jut another meaningless part of government.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Maybe the pay is not that good to attract people to apply for the jobs.

Well, if it's over 50k a year, I'll take it. I can sit on my duff and tell people that we're going to get attacked. Sounds easy enough to me.

new topics

top topics

join