It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

simulated reality theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
have you guys read this or heard of this theory before? I think it helps explain ALOT of the paranormal activity we confusingly observe from time to time.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Great link, thanks for the post.

It's certainly a possibility which I've considered many times. The fact that we can become someone else entirely in a dream, and even return or continue those dreams later... often makes me wonder if this is just another dream (or simulation).

I wonder how deep it could go. Realities we could create would create realities of their own. Theoretically it could go on forever. Sounds a lot like The Thirteenth Floor. Great movie btw.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I honestly just asked my friends about this just today. This theory is basicly one of the main ideas of the movie, The Matrix. What is reality? We don't know except what we can see, touch, taste, ect., like Morpheus explained in the Matrix.

A good site I found:

www.trans4mind.com...

Good thread. I am expecting some good posts.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
what always interested me about life is that when i dream i feel as if i literally have no control over the scenes that play out in my mind. Yes i can choose to lucid dream if i like, however it feels as if i'm a passive spectator watching someone elses movie. I honestly believe the dreams i dream are not constructs of my own mind but of some sort of universal consciousness as they have an extremely foreign feel to them. My brother is one of the most uncreative unimaginative people i know, he could not write a short story to save his life (we are very opposite) yet he has told me some of his dreams which i think would be block buster movies they sound some imaginative creative and surreal.

Also i'm a big believer in "glitches" in the system. I think ghosts are a part of that glitch in the software of life where as people from a different time unknowningly interact with current or future events.

The whole idea is facinating to me and i think it explains almost everything in life religion, science ect... Furthermore as we start to look into the atom on the quantum level we are seeing things like quarks and strings which seem to be there own life interacting on some other sort of dimension. We as humans could be on that quantum level collectively supporting a much larger super-system. Its just really facinating to comprehend, furthermore the fact that dead people can be ressurected as they would be saved in the system leads alot of credence to judgement day and alot of other biblical anomolies.

Another interesting point is that if a large group of people all prey together i believe several studies have PROVEN that their collective pray yeilded results unexplainable by logical means. It is almost as if a significant group yields a request to the system a direct answer may be assigned. As if the program (society) were sending a signal that it needed something
and the controllers directly answer with a solution.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Anyone agree? Disagree?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
[edit on 10-7-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
Anyone agree? Disagree?

Well, It does explain almost all supernatural/unexplainable things that happen in this world. At this point I am not sure if I believe in this is the case or not.

new topics

top topics

join