It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just finiished the illuminatus trilogy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 10:52 PM
link   
ok, i'm lazy right now so i'll give a few half-assed statements...

i love the philosophy in the book, definatly changed my perspective and opened my mind to things, but come on, who's believing this undead nazi lloigor cthulhu thing? am i really supposed to believe this? and why? i don't understand why people are supposed to take this book so literally, in what my mind is clearly a semi-parody

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 11:47 AM
link   
(this means you tyler)

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Waw bear, it took you half a year to read one book! Great job man

Ohh by the way, you don't have to take seriosly everything in there, that is the whole point.

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ohhhh yeah, i forgot that they changed the length of a year to 4 months, thanks for reminding me

but i'm asking why you take all the lloigor crap seriously... lovecraft didnt even take it seriously

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You r fool, maybe you should read it again.

And maybe 4 month or 6, whats the difference. i read it in 2 weeks.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 06:42 PM
link   
follow carefully.... i read it IN 2 MONTHS

and just because i don't believe cthulhu is going to eat my soul doesn't quite make me a fool

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Fine, believe what ever you want.

And no, no one can eat your "soul" because there is no such things as "soul" in ordinary people.
But you will give out something else instead if you get killed.

I'm planning a good post about this whole "soul" issue in the religiouse forum very soon.

Stay turned.

[Edited on 4-12-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 10:39 AM
link   
let's hope this was tyler's last post

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The Illigor ate him. I came back to this book tonight because I had that moment on the bridge George had, the one where he realises we're all just characters on a wider stage, when it hits home. Makes me think we're the same, we've got our places in the sub-context and like the characters in Illuminatus is just one little part of what changes things that teensie bit so they can't immanentize the eschaton. Weird, huh?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Great now Get R A Wilson's Historical Chronicals of the Illuminati.....even more fun!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ForkandSpoon

Yes, Historical Illuminatus was great, as was the Schrodingers Cat Trilogy. I highly recommend both series.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

I wish I could get his estate to let me finish the HCOTI series.....(sigh) now we'll just never know.....

new topics

top topics

join