It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissolving Clouds With The Power Of Mind

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hmm I tried it today on a veerryy small cloud while I was in the car. The cloud disappeared but I couldn't say if it was because of me or just natural causes. I mean, it was a pretty thin cloud...

Anyway, I guess i'll have to give it another go when I get more time, and try depleting clouds in groups.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ummm....i'll make this as simple as possible. The clouds will disipate whether you are looking at them or not. Its what they do-its nature. If you are looking at a cloud, and it happens to disappear at that very time or shortly within, then you are just observing it at the right time to see it disappear. Nothing else. Try looking at an overcast sky and creating a hole for the sun to shine through. Its the same effect.

Or are you saying that you could look at the ground and make water evaporate off of it, but you cant make water fall upon it? Same principal. Think about it for a while.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
I think maybe I am the one who owes you an apology. It seems I came off a bit arrogant and superior. Please accept my sincere apology.

lightseeker, accepted,and I hope you'll accept my apology as well.

I've decdided that regarless of what I believe to be happening when people bust clouds, the next time I have decent enough weather, I'm going to try it. No sense in not even trying it a few times to solidify my belief or else open my eyes somewhat.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Honestly, anyone who has any doubts about this idea.. please go and try it yourself. Words are one thing, but doing it for yourself will show you more than can be implied here.

It is such a humbling thing to do, and its something that every human needs to experience at some point (interconnectedness).

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummm....i'll make this as simple as possible. The clouds will disipate whether you are looking at them or not. Its what they do-its nature. If you are looking at a cloud, and it happens to disappear at that very time or shortly within, then you are just observing it at the right time to see it disappear. Nothing else. Try looking at an overcast sky and creating a hole for the sun to shine through. Its the same effect.

Or are you saying that you could look at the ground and make water evaporate off of it, but you cant make water fall upon it? Same principal. Think about it for a while.

I couldn't agree with you more princeofpeace. I have found this entire post to be in the realm of the rediculous (i.e. it made me laugh out loud).

Before someone shouts "troll!" let me explain WHY I believe this is nonsense....

As many posters previously mentioned, any cloud you see in the sky will be affected by the sun. On any semi-clear day where the sun and clouds are both visible, the sun's effect of dissolving the cloud WILL take place. This WILL happen whether or not you are looking at or concentrating upon the cloud.

As for one cloud dissappearing and the one beside it staying put.... Different areas of the sky will have varying temperatures. This effect is based on what is on the ground beneath. An area over water is generally cooler than an area directly over city pavement. Pilots of gliders call these "thermals" and use the hotter areas to keep the gliders up for long periods of time.

I also submit that anyone that desires to see a UFO who looks up in the sky and sees "something" will immediately come to the conclusion that it is an alien spacecraft. Likewise with this, if you think you can dissolve clouds with the power of your mind and the cloud you happen to be watching dissappears? Well then you must have mystical powers.

I'm calling BS on this with all respect to the OP and previous posters supporting.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So if someone in this thread manages to dissolve any cloud he or she looks at, and only at the EXACT spot he or she wants to dissolve, we'll just say he or she has some curse (or blessing?) that makes him or her very very lucky to have so many coincidences.

Would it also be a coincidence if one of the people in this thread managed to write his or her name in the cloud by trying to dissolve a very specific bit of the floating white canvas in the sky?

I take it the people that started to report this as valid, that some of them at least have tried this multiple times.

Guess they must be very lucky to have things coincide with what they want.

[edit on 12/7/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Indeed works, but have I got a tale for you.

I began with small clouds... on a day to FORM thunder storms... I was able to make specific parts dissolve. Thus leaving other parts willed to not fade. I was able to 'sculpt' a thumbs up. Then willed it to dissolve entirely. In 1 minutes time, it went from thick to nothing.

I turned to the thunderstorms... surely I could affect those little outcrops from the sides... so I began isolating a 'peninsula' on the thunder-head... sure enough it broke off... So I tried to re-attach... it did. So I decide, I've got an hour... I'll try chipping away at it. Like a stone cutter to a mountain.

35 Minutes in, a Disk UFO showed up, and began circling the large storm. It was black, not silvery. It began circling around behind the storm, so it was not a bird. It continued to go around and around...until I had a nice idea.

If I can will clouds, perhaps I can will the clouds to expand into it and in part focus my mind on it as well [Perhaps it too could be affected?] I was wanting to see if it reacts to my willing towards it and an area involving it. I began. The second the clouds began to form in that direction, the disc darted off... in my direction. It began circling in and out of my view above my neighborhood. I stopped and went inside. It's flow was smooth but fast. Irregular. I would post this up in the UFO board, but I post it here as it is relative to the subject at hand.

Perhaps I may get a visit tonight...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I used to do this a long time ago, it was a very neat trick. Recently I was outside at work and started to do it again. Someone asked what I was doing and I explained cloud melting to them, they thought I was nuts until they watched me pick clouds out of the sky and zap them one by one. I did a line of small clouds one after another. Now if these clouds were evaporating on thier own, they wouldnt of disappeared in sequence. give it a try sometime. A lot of people will tell you its not you doing it, thats simply not true. But peoples perceptions of the world are different, and there will always be those who will deny that anything that doesn't seem to fit into "reality" can be possible. Is that ignorance? no, just a difference in personal and physical reality.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
No one on this thread is zapping any clouds with their superhuman mind powers. For one it just doesnt make sense why you can do it to clouds but nothing else. Why? Because clouds dissipate all the time on their OWN!!!!

Think logically...why can folkls "zaP" clouds but nothing else. Hmmmm......

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
HI prince of peace, you know the Zadok priesthood of the OT were rain makers didn't you and Elijah?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yeah ok princeofpeace, point taken already. You don't need to post the same thing 5 times, we all heard you the first 4. Just let us discuss it and we'll come to our own conclusions.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I took up the challenge the other day, while coming back from the city centre. I focussed on one cloud and another and another. I was amazed to watch it dissolve in front of my eyes.

I just concentrated and the cloud even split and dissolved the way that I wanted it to. I had an open mind to whether it could or could not be done, but I still had some doubt. When I did it for myself, I can vouch that it can be done and you know it is you, if you choose a particular cloud separated from the rest.

It is great fun and a great way to relax the mind and train your mind to be more focussed.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Id just like to say, thank you all for posting your experiences

Disbelief is natural, but when you have many people posting back with positive results it only increases the curiosity of others even more so. It is a feedback loop, and as always, its a pleasure to watch unfold.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's so weird to see a thread on this. I used to do this all the time in the endless summer days of my youth. I knew I did it, because any clouds I didn't focus on remained unchanged. Thanks so much for reminding me of the simplicity of childhood that so easily gets swept away by the bs.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
[edit on 13-7-2007 by beekersguy]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is a great topic and reminds me of what I read in the book "The Secret":

Let me explain how you are the most powerful transmission tower in the Universe. In simple terms, all energy vibrates at a frequency. Being energy, you also vibrate at a frequency, and what determines your frequency at any time is whatever you are thinking and feeling. All the things you want are made of energy, and they are vibrating too. Everything is energy.

Here is the 'wow' factor. When you think about what you want, and you emit that frequency, you cause the energy of what you want to vibrate at that frequency and you bring it to You! As you focus on what you want, you are changing the vibration of the atoms of that thing, and you are causing it to vibrate to you. The reason you are the most powerful transmission tower in the Universe is because you have been given the power to focus your energy through your thoughts and alter the vibrations of what you are focused on, which then magnetically draws it to you.

The thing is... what we think we know about science is incomplete. There is this universal law of attraction and there are powerful things we can do with our minds if we just understand that it's possible. If you don't believe you have the power, then you won't have it. It comes from within.

And additionally, I believe this is why the government will not legalize marijuana, because when under the influence of it, people connect with that power (even though they think it's just the "high") and are able to understand the universe in ways that they normally ignore because our society suppresses it.

A lot to understand and think about. Just know that you have more power than you realize. Don't discount something just because you don't understand it.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I tried this a few times the other day. Once when i was sitting in my car in the parking lot waiting for my wife. I picked a spot on the cloud and decided to focus on that one point. Sure enough within 2-3 min the cloud was gone.
I tried it again later that evening when i was work. I just stared out the window and tried it on a beefer cloud. within 4-5 min it was gone.
For me, i just concentrated on my breathing. more on the exhaling of the breath. I guess it helped me focus a bit more.
I do want to mention that I did feel vibrational energy in my chest and stomach while doing this exercise.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by enrage]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
After watching this thread for a few days I finally decided to give it a try.

I must say, I am shocked at the results. A little while ago I chose a cloud in the sky, I made sure it wasn't a thin cloud either, you know, one that looked like it almost was gonna dissolve.

So anyways, i picked a good looking cloud that looked kinda thick, well i proceeded with the exercise and sure enough the cloud was gone in about 3-4 minutes.

It really surprised me, and the thing that made it even more surprising was that there was a thin little cloud right next to the one that i had chose and it lasted even longer that the "thicker" cloud that I had dissolved.

If our thoughts can do that to clouds, I wonder what they can do to us?

[edit on 13-7-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
For me, i just concentrated on my breathing. more on the exhaling of the breath. I guess it helped me focus a bit more. I do want to mention that I did feel vibrational energy in my chest and stomach while doing this exercise.

I think the importance of breathing is majorly underestimated, aswell as the "other" kind of breathing, involving what is known as "prana". This is something im looking into/learning about now, and i will post back when i observe something. Also, the vibrations in the chest and stomach is something i've felt before also, once when trying to meditate, and once when on a "psychonautical adventure".

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I must say, I am shocked at the results.

If our thoughts can do that to clouds, I wonder what they can do to us?

Testimony again to the fact that this little idea is more potent to your own outlook on reality than most give credit for. The simple interconnection between you and the cloud/s demonstrates more than words can describe.

Also, given that your own body is mainly water, that should make the idea of intention/thought on matter even more interesting to everyone

How water structure reflects our consciousness: www.life-enthusiast.com...

Another interesting link, between the vibrations in the chest, where the heart chakra resides, which can be represented with the "Star of David", and the structure crystallized water takes on, which is also the star of david.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

Also, given that your own body is mainly water, that should make the idea of intention/thought on matter even more interesting to everyone

Being the Evil Genius that I am, this makes me want to learn how to dissolve people and conquer the world...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join