It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissolving Clouds With The Power Of Mind

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
ok - my skeptical opinion is , i would like to see some scientific methedology to back up such claims

because clouds are by thier nature mercurial , and a selected cloud may vanish by perfectly naturalistic means

i see clouds vanish all the time - does that mean that " cloud shrinkers " are constantly focusing thier energies ? what happened before there were ` cloud shrinkers ? `

what criteria for selection of the cloud to be ` vanished ` ? can you ` vanish ` clouds that other people pic out as targets ?

IMHO it would be too easy for a claimant to cheat by selecting a shrinking cloud

along the lines of :

claimant < sneaks a look @ the sky - noting cloud sizes >

claimant " i can make clouds vanish "

skeptic " ok demonstate it "

claimant " ok i will " < stalls and waffles @ this point to buy time >

claimant < sneaks another look @ sky to establish trends >

skeptic " today would be nice "

claimant " i need to purify my thoughs " < further stalling / waffle >

claimant < sneaks a last look @ sky >

claimant " i will shrink that one "

claimant < points @ a cloud then promptly proceeds to ` vanish ` a cloud he has already noted to be waning >

thats just my opinion on how it would be very easy to fake a demonstration of ` cloud busting ` abilities

if you wish to be scentific about it - it would be more usefull if you could reliably and predicatbly affect a known volume of vapour - under controled conditions

a sutible experiment would be :

2 fish tanks / bell jars - hooked to steam generators , one as the target - the second as control

now if a proponent of this technique can make the target volume of steam condense / clear significantly faster than the control

then that would be credible evidence of the techniques validity

because to be blunt - clouds wax and wane constantly - and even if the target cloud was selected by a skeptic / neutral third party

it is often very hard to predict just what it will do in the next few minuites

so the bell jar / steam generators wouls

alternatly - clear the air in a sauna - another easily conductable enperuiiment

PS - what mechanism do you claim for ` cloud busting ` ?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
See there you go. All you English collectively wining about the weather. Cheer up ya bastards. Hire 10 people to do this for a living and you'll have palm trees and white sands.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
lol i can't believe i saw this thread just now... i've been doing this kind of thing for a long time and didn't think anyone else even thought it were possible.

It's not just making clouds disappear, but a whole number of things. If its raining I can just imagine the clouds parting and more blue sky appearing and the sun shining through. I can also do the opposite, if there are enough clouds around I can make them cover up the sun and get bigger and darker then make it rain just by imagining it. If i concentrate hard enough it will turn into a storm, and the same sort of process can be used to lessen and even stop a storm as well. I also like to play around with how fast the clouds move, i can make them stop dead on the spot and also move really fast across the sky just by imagining different wind speeds in the upper atmosphere. You have to really focus and concentrate and use your mind and imagination and at the same time will it to happen. It does take a bit of time though... at least 5-10 minutes just for clearing a small patch of the sky, so it can take quite a bit of effort and persistance.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I know it works because I've done it. Experimenting with a witness in my opinion probably wouldn't work. The witness, whether he knows it or not, would block the process. That's probably why the likes of Uri Geller wouldn't do a test in front of James Randi. Geller would be thinking I'm gonna bend this fork, or sprout these seeds and Randi's thoughts would be the opposite.That's just my own opinion of course, not an excuse. As I've said, I know for a fact it works. In my universe anyway. While I'm here, one or two of you might like to look at a recent thread I posted called - Of all the space bars in all the worlds you had to re-materialise in mine. - First of all, no-ones even looked at it which I find annoying but more importantly the point I was making is that perhaps we all create the world to be what we think it is. Cloud-busting included. If you have a spare half hour to watch the film (also a great laugh) you'll see what I'm getting at.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow!! This is such a simple idea but it has brought so much pleasure to my family.
Thanks for such a great thread!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"A word of warning: Don't try this on chemtrails; the make up a chemtrail is vastly different from a natural cloud since natural clouds are composed of only water vapor, while chemtrails are composed of everything from jet fuel to varying amounts of chemicals and God knows what else."

I am not clear on why not to use this technique on chemtrails; the substances in them fall to earth anyway. Are you saying that they have a beneficent purpose which should not be tampered with?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Haha everyone in Britain should learn this then we could have a summer at last!

Seriously though, i'm always a bit skeptic to things I haven't seen with my own eyes, but i'm not denying it can be done, i'm just on the fence for now. I guess i'll keep watching the thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Haha everyone in Britain should learn this then we could have a summer at last!

Seriously though, i'm always a bit skeptic to things I haven't seen with my own eyes, but i'm not denying it can be done, i'm just on the fence for now. I guess i'll keep watching the thread.

I am a skeptic. I read this thread and thought well let's give it a go. So I went to an open window and focused on a cloud,...and it dissolved !!!!

My first thought was "what the hell, it must be an illusion", so I looked again and the cloud was indeed gone. I moved onto a bigger cloud but it took longer and stopped before it was totally gone (it's shape/thickness seemed different afterwards), then I assimilated a smaller cloud too.

I don't really know what to think of this, because frankly I didn't believe anything would happen. So did these clouds disappear because I wanted them to or was it just a coincidence???

You should try it yourself malganis!

[edit on 9-7-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by maximillian
I am not clear on why not to use this technique on chemtrails; the substances in them fall to earth anyway. Are you saying that they have a beneficent purpose which should not be tampered with?

Not at all. Chemtrail clouds can be "dissapeared", just like regular water-vapor-type clouds; the difference is that due to the high concentrations of particulate matter in chemtrail clouds it takes a lot more focus, energy and most important time to effect a change. Chemtrails can be killed if you have the time and energy to tackle them; my point was, don't expect to dissolve a chemtrail cloud in 1-2 minutes. It would be more like 10-20 minutes of concentration and focus which can be very tiring and exhausting. But hey, if you're up to it. give it a go and let us know how it worked out for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Now this is an interesting thread ! I have some questions, do you have to be outside to do this ? or can you stay inside and just look through a window ? because I live near a highway and when I go out side there's alot of noise and hard to concentrate (I tried eairlier and I had trouble concentrating).

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

I don't really know what to think of this, because frankly I didn't believe anything would happen. So did these clouds disappear because I wanted them to or was it just a coincidence???

That's a very good question, DarkSide and the answer depends on who you ask. If you go to that website link in my OP, they will tell you that the cloud dissapears because when you concentrate on it and use your force of will, you are drining the cloud of the energy that holds the cloud together. In other words, you are disrupting the cohesiveness of the water molecules in the cloud.

If you ask me for a scientific explanation you will not get one; I am not a scientist. All I know is that it works and it doesn't matter which cloud you choose of if someone else picks the cloud out for you. In fact, if someone is with me, I'll say, "Pick a cloud, any cloud" and then when they do, I'll say, "No, you do it, just stare at your cloud and picture it in your mind getiing smaller and smaller until it's gone". I love to do this with children, it really makes their day.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Well, how about instead of dissolving them, focus on making them grow, or split, or put a hole in one of em? You may be pleasantly surprised. Though if you doubt yourself too much, it won't work. You have to make yourself believe it's possible.

Also, as wigit mentioned, a nearby skeptic can "block" it from happening. I attribute this to group consciousness and differences of belief. If you're the only "observer" however... it makes it a lot easier. Established reality is a bit hard to break.

Sounds paranormal, but some day quantum physics, the holographic universe, or some other theory is going to make sense of it all. We're getting closer to understanding it I believe.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ive heard about this years ago and I am very sceptical. I would like to see a controled demostration of this ability. Shouldnt be to hard to do since its only water vapor. Be it in a lab or clear me a spot in the middle of a storm.

I rate this one with OBE's, although I believe the claiment BELIEVES they can do it no one ever is able to prove it.

Sorry but this is one of those that is too easy to decieve yourself with.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Well, how about instead of dissolving them, focus on making them grow, or split, or put a hole in one of em? You may be pleasantly surprised. Though if you doubt yourself too much, it won't work. You have to make yourself believe it's possible.

How about being even more radical and actually creating a cloud out of a clear blue sky? It can be done. As long as there are other clouds in the sky, so you know that there is adequate water vapor in the atmosphere.

Sounds paranormal, but some day quantum physics, the holographic universe, or some other theory is going to make sense of it all. We're getting closer to understanding it I believe.

I believe you're right and I think someday a lot of what we view today as paranormal will be explained through quantum physics; things like thought forms and ghosts, or even UFOs.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is one lady that has been doing it for years

Click the link and scroll down to see Who she is

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
Ive heard about this years ago and I am very sceptical. I would like to see a controled demostration of this ability. Shouldnt be to hard to do since its only water vapor. Be it in a lab or clear me a spot in the middle of a storm.

I rate this one with OBE's, although I believe the claiment BELIEVES they can do it no one ever is able to prove it.

Sorry but this is one of those that is too easy to decieve yourself with.

Who ever said anything about clearing up storms? I never did. We are talking about small to medium sized "fair weather clouds", you know the white fluffy ones. Not to say that someone couldn't poke a hole in the middle of a storm cloud, it just would take a whole lot more physical energy and concentration than I could probably muster.

Why wait for someone to show you results from some lab experiment, when all you have to do is step out side your door and prove it to yourself? And, this doesn't come even close to being in the same category as OBEs, sheesh.
I am not talking metaphysics here; this is one of those "supernatural" things that seem paranormal but are not, they have a natural explanation; we just haven't figured it out yet.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon

What do pictures of Kate Bush have to do with this thread, other than a painting of Kate, titled "Cloud Busting"?

This does not compute!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

What do pictures of Kate Bush have to do with this thread, other than a painting of Kate, titled "Cloud Busting"?

This does not compute!

Lighten up lightseeker! .....have you calmed down now?
Well is'nt this what you are doing....busting clouds with your mind?
Yes.....?
No......?
I admit Ive never heard about this but what the hell; I'll try anything once.
The weather is good at this moment so it's worth a try.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Lighten up lightseeker! .....have you calmed down now?

I wasn't upset or angry, just confused by your post and link.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem
See there you go. All you English collectively wining about the weather. Cheer up ya bastards. Hire 10 people to do this for a living and you'll have palm trees and white sands.

Come on D.I.G. we would have nothing to whine about...
...........if it was'nt for the climate and changeable weather patterns.
The majority of our weather is driven in by Atlantic conditions and occasionally from the continent.
We are a nation of gardeners and growers and damned successfull at it.
Palm trees and white sands in Britain would only serve to deepen the paranoia that climatic change has arrived....Shock ...Horror!
One more point we are not b'stards we are gentlemen and damned proud to be so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join