It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan considering a run against Speaker of the House Pelosi

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I don't understand why her running for office forecloses her from posting to the dailykos. It seems to imply that dailykos is more for the entrenched and the party than the ideals.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
there's nothing mystical about it, or conspiratorial, folks who want to make things happen will re-elect Pelosi. She may not be making the war stop today (as if she were God), she would if she could.

Sheehan is just pulling a media spectacle here.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think she's actually going to do it.

See this:

San Francisco Chronicle

The feedback I have been receiving since I announced that I would challenge U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, for her House seat -- unless she gives impeachment the go-ahead -- has been running about 3-to-1 positive.

Some people have offered to quit their jobs to move to California's Eighth Congressional District to help my possible campaign. People are lining up to donate and help, and I am again very grateful and touched beyond belief by the generosity and energy of my fellow Americans.

Plus this AP News thread:

www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Run Cindy, Run!

Unlike Forrest Gump, Cindy lacks any charm; she's a "fictional" character... Less real than the imaginary purveyor of shrimp... Though I revel in "lulz" factor of this particular departure of the good ship Titanic, I still realize there will be innocent people treading the dark and frigid waters of an election run.

Lt. Dan Monkeys, not just for giving a leg up for his country...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
She'll be chewed up and spat out. Unless she has some Harry Potter magic she can call upon but alas, this is the real world. Come to think about it J.K. Rowling would probably have a better shot at this.

BTW MM, put that cigar out, don't you listen to the Surgeon General?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ms. Sheehan has no chance...can no one, will no one, intervene and get this woman the help she needs?

Running for congress should be the least of her concerns, IMHO. I pity this poor woman, she hasn't or won't mourn her son. It's as though she's in denial. To mourn her son would be to admit he's dead. This is not a good thing she's doing...

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
She was supposed to announce today, but she was arrested yesterday:

Source: Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Calling for the impeachment of U.S. President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, Cindy Sheehan and 45 fellow Iraq war protesters were arrested on Monday after they refused to leave a U.S. lawmaker's office and adjoining hallway, authorities said.

I guess she's been released from jail by now, but if not, that might delay her political announcement.

[edit on 7/24/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
At first i thought this was ridiculous- but having thought about it i hope she
or somebody with some cojones boots that evil twit out of office.

Why not Cindy Sheehan!

GO FOR IT AND GOOD LUCK.

You have my full support.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join