It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over Long Beach/Lakewood, Ca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
On the fourth of july, I was barbequeing with some of my family when I decided to look up towards the sky. I saw a small silver circular craft in the sky, probably about 25,000 ft high. I watched it for a while and it hovered in one spot for quite some time before slowly flying away towards the southern sky. I pointed it out to my girlfriend who also saw it. Then again on the 7th of July, I was in Cerritos (Which is right next to Lakewood) and I again saw one of these crafts in the sky.. Only this time, Their were 6 crafts In formation. One would slowly move to create a triangle shape. I scuffled for my camera and when I looked up again (within about 30-45 seconds) all were gone, however a new one appeared in the sky towards the west. That craft hovered in the air for approximately 5 minutes in the same spot until it flew off to the south again. I tried to get a pic but my camera did not capture it due to the size of the craft and its altitude. These were very hard to focus on with the human eye. Both of these sightings happened approx. around 6:30pm. If anyone else saw this or got a picture, please let me know. My mind has been buzzing with curiousity. If anyone is in this area, watch the sky around 6:30 pm tonight and tell me if you see anything. You can bet im going to be watching again tonight.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Without pictures or video, it is hard to say much. The skies of southern california are filled with so many aircraft and strange looking lights due to refraction, that its hard to determine anything IMO.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What reference did you use to estimate the altitude, given that you don't know the size?

[edit on 8-7-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
did you happen to see the red and white lights in the sky last night over the Pacific???

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
No I didnt see the red and white lights. Im just estimating the altitude and size of the craft. I know they were below 30,000 ft because I saw a couple jets fly over. I know they were pretty small... my guess is they were about the size of 2 volkswagon beatles put together. I was outside again yesterday at 6:30 but did not see anything. It's just weird that I saw these twice in one week. The formation they were flying, or should I say hovering in was incredible.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
One explanation, USOs! There is a base somewhere in the long beach harbor of UFO or USOs. When I lived there for two years, I saw one of these. To me it appeared as a metal ball floating thousands of feet in the air. These things are believed to send empathic messages, this is probably the reason you looked up at them (besides the fireworks shows) these things have that effect on people. Out of the blue, you just feel like looking up and bam, there is one.

My suggestion to you is to send these things mental messages. Start off lightly, tell them to move or do something like a certain formation. You will probably be surprised that they will do as you say.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by The Coward]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I live in LA. I didn't see the discs you were mentioning but I have when looking up at night seen what I would consider UFOs. Usually traveling from the ocean over LA towards Edwards AFB. These appear to be glowing softly look like modest sized whitish blue stars, are not satellites stop and start sometimes gently wind as they move seen one give off very feint showers of deep blue sparks. Could be related.

Whats this about a USO base in the Long Beach harbor? I know the US govt. has some interesting things that it does in the channel islands, but where is this base in the harbor. Long Beach harbor is the busiest and most populated harbor on the west coast of the US.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
One explanation, USOs! There is a base somewhere in the long beach harbor of UFO or USOs. When I lived there for two years, I saw one of these. To me it appeared as a metal ball floating thousands of feet in the air.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by The Coward]

When you saw this metal ball, did you view it through binoculars ro some other maginifying optics (e.g. a telephoto lens)?

How did you use to estimate its altitude?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The altitude was a guestimate. I have been asking around and another friend at my work saw what I saw the other day... however at night. She lives in the downtown long beach area. I used to live closer to ventura county and when I lived there, I saw several strange lights in the sky at night, but never anything in broad daylight like up here. I am traveling with a camera on me at all times and I am determined to catch the next one I see in a pic. I like the empathic USO/UFO idea. I did just randomly look up... I was going to babies r us to get baby clothes for my son lol. Didnt have UFO's on my mind at all. The whole UFO thing just really interests me. I am one of those people who want to know more about them yet at the same time, I feel threatened by them. I just get a bad feeling ya know?

[edit on 14-7-2007 by DocWicked]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here I will post these threads on USOs in the world. They talk about the long beach waters or the Santa Catalina channel and how they believe that there is a USO base.

My girlfriend once saw like fifty of these things. They were just still. She got scared and ran. These were not like the Mexico Balloons, they are different. Before she saw them, she felt a strong feeling to look up. When she did, there they were, Still, no movement. She watched them for a while when suddenly one of them dropped very low in a blink of an eye. She had a good look at it and said it must have been as big as a Volkswagen beetle. It scared her so much that she ran inside the house and called me at the job imediately.

I saw one two. A single sphere, I felt the urge to look up and there it was. A round metal ball. High up in the air. It was still for a bit, as soon as I stood there watching it and I called my brother so he can see it as well. When he came to see it, the metal ball simply moved and went away. It's like it was teasing me. Like, haha nobody will ever believe you know. It pissed me off.

Anyway, here look at these USO documentaries by the history channel. They talk about the whole USO and Long Beach harbor sightings.

USOs

Here check this one out. Super awesome!! Just found it today. This is what you probably saw!!

UFOs in Long Beach CA

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I thought you were talking about inside Long beach harbor. The catalina channel is a different story. Although there are tones of boats going around that area and it's very heavely travelled you still never know what is lurking under the ocean in that channel. Saw a Los Angeles Class Sub. the Honolulu pull in and park herself 1000 feet off shore in Avalon Harbor on Catalina Island. this was back in the late 80's. So she was cruising around underwater in those channels. the islands to the north are used for weapons tests and secret naval excersises.

interesting story. Before I was born my mom was with my dad on a small 25 foot sailboat anchored or just floating for the night in the catalina channel. she was upset fighting with my dad or something couldn't sleep so at 3AM or so she went up on deck to smoke a cigarette while my dad was asleep down below. She was out there a few minutes before she started to notice that a few hundred feet off the boat, It was slightly foggy but not enough to obscure any body's view. A few hundred feet off the boat a slight hazy light developing in the water. It slowely grew for a few seconds and then acording to her a bright whitsh yellow light about 20 feet wider like a orb bolted out of the water and went up out of sight in the air in less than a second. She has no idea what she saw, but she had been on the ocean enough her whole life to know it wasn't normal or another boat. she chalks it up to a UFO since she still has no idea what it was or has seen anything like it since.

new topics

top topics

join