It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do people on ATS stand on this?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

he made everything else for his glory.

A bit egotistical, eh?

But then he is God....

(BTW, you know the Mind of God, no better than anyone else. Just guessing and projecting your own opinions, desires, biases upon Him, just like everyone else does.)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
God = higher then the quantum field. Basically, in the quantum field, time doesn't exist (Hint Hint, Double Slit Experiment) So if true to mere molecules, then imagine how powerful God is. Oh right, no one can. Perhaps we are the only ones out there. But I for one see evidence of life EVERYWHERE in the universe. Oh, and God doesn't get bored, he creates for love. That is why I believe that God's angels are ascended beings. Humans? Aliens? Raptors? Who knows. One thing I think is that all carbon based life in this system has come and gone from planet to planet. And that all have evolved into human like beings. With the seemingly neutral state of aliens and other beings, our war-like selves seem unique to the otherwise tranquil universe. We may just be, as the bible speaks of, inheritors of the universe if we can learn to overcome our own hatred.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Response:

Trying to fit the Christian God in is still falling into the false dichotomy of "Creation vs. Science".

There probably is a supreme being, supreme source of the universe but I dont equate it with the christian god, especially not the very human-behaving ("a wrathful god!") extraterrestrial being described in the Old Testament.

The whole brainwashing is to keep people fixed on either religion or science, as if those were the only two options or the most probable options. And you can clearly see this brainwashing at work here at ATS, where almost everyone is taking "one of the sides".

The third alternative which seems most probable to me is a mix of both religion and science or neither-nor. This is the metaphysical & spiritual worldview with a few snippets from ancient astronaut theorty dropped in.

You have many souls, some of which incarnate on various planets and into various realms. The amount of realms, planets, dimensions is limitless. Above them perhaps the supreme being of that particular universe, who himself consists of all the individual souls.

The souls incarnate to earth, choose a body to experience life and a specific kind of intense focus on a single reality, mostly forgetting all others. In order to intensify this focus, this game, the false dichotomies of science & religion are introduced. Science holds there is nothing else to focus on than what can be seen, religion holds that there is only one god and that you are small and insignificant and that other teachings are wrong. And the game begins. What is described in religions as God and Gods is probably a misinterpretation of extraterrestrial and extradimensional activity. For someone feeling small and insignificant and slavish, a flying disc most certainly appear like "god" and must be bowed down to. For science we are also small and insignificant beings in a large universe.

But what if you are pure superconsciousness, an aspect of "God" and the universe is within you? What if you are one of the many eyes of "God".

The responses of the brainwashed victims of religion and science to this will be:

Science: "Well, you dont have any evidence"

Religion: "Well, you are wrong because you need saving by jesus christ"

This wont stop me from continuing to consider my views and frowning upon the "its all chemical coincidence" and "its all Gods will" type of thinking.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
In fact, both "major worldviews" feel, look and sound completely weird and alien to me.

Science:

"You are a chemical coincidence. Love is a chemical reaction"

"You originate from the big bang"

"There is nothing before and after death"

Yeah right. And such statements coming from people who are able to perceive about 1% of reality.

Religion:

"You were created in 7 days by God, which you must obey. After your life he will decide if you go to heaven or hell. Obey him and you go to heaven, disobey him and you go to hell".

The only response this type of teaching evokes in me is "go f*** yourself".

That I am a spirit journeying from realm to realm, exploring, playing, experiencing within an infinity of possibilities on the other hand, does not seem weird to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I believe in Creation. To look at a human, and the millions of awesome animals that live on earth it’s so hard to not believe in God.

And why should it be hard to believe in God? We create things all the time. Is it so tough to believe that an entity like God has more power and decided to create the human race and animals, and the universe?

The Bible says were made in His likeness.

Folks are always saying where’s the proof? Well, everything on your body is for a propose. If there was a ‘big bang’ or anything, it would have to have a brain I really don’t care what theory you have, just remember the soruce of the theory has to have a mind.

Because all of our body parts are functional for a propose. How did the ‘big bang’ know what language would be? Or what eyes would do, or what our sexual reproductive system would be used for? We are NOT a mistake. We are NOT just here by accident. Nothing about us is random. We’re a perfect creation.

I mean, can you really look at someone like Jessica Alba, and go “oh yeah, I can see how we evolved from the depths of the ocean or from the big bang”

God’s awesome, if you don’t know Him and His Son, you’re kinda missing out on life.

You Don’t have to search far for answers for God. Just look at yourself. Eyes, mouth, brain, heart, veins, feet, fingers not to mention our emotions and feelings. The list goes on and on.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Mass.]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Edit.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Mass, are you saying that God couldn't have used an evolutionary process to create us? Why?

One thing that people don't understand is that it's not an either/or situation. God uses many tools. We know how planets are formed, and it doesn't make them any less cool. And it doesn't mean God didn't use this method to create planets. The same is true with people.

What is true is that bringing God into the equation is not necessary to explain things, it's just a matter of faith.

Personally, I don't believe in the Judeo-Christian God. But it doesn't make me think that the human body, and te universe is any less awesome.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've been on both sides.

Evolution is too unlikely to have happened to get us where we are today, but at the same time I don't think that some invisible force created everything either.

I believe in "God" as a force or a general conciousness, I don't believe in the Christian God or any labeled God for that matter.

I have the unpopular belief of no belief. I believed in evolution at one point, and creationism in another, and so I know both points really well and so don't think I'm just being ignorant or dumb when I say...

I don't believe in any way human life was created. I just have no belief, it was a well thought out thing and I'm comfortable in accepting that I probably can't comprehend God's way of making life, and I find evolution way too improbable. (Not only in humans).

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The Christian God is the only one there, well, because if there was more then one God, they'd be too busy fussing over power to create us all. The God of the Bible is an all loving one and all forgiving one. When you read about a vengeful God or hateful one in the bible, it was likely written by a rabbi wanting more power by fear. Of course, alot of that hatred can be linked to justification. In all, the point is that the CURRENT belief in God in Christianity is one that loves all and would like us all to copy him, but gives us the free will to. This is probably to have us learn from our mistakes. Looking back at history, you never see hatred prevailing unless it was a tool to bring about a rise in spiritual faith. (Collapse of Rome from hating barbarians brought about the rise in monks and knowledge.)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
The Christian God is the only one there, well, because if there was more then one God, they'd be too busy fussing over power to create us all.

I suppose it's as good an argument for his existence as any. That is to say none of the arguments for his existence are any good.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I really wish people understood what a SCIENTIFIC THEORY is....

A brief definition of THEORY:
The most logical explanation of why things work the way they do. A theory is a former hypothesis that has been tested with repeated experiments and observations and found always to work.

let me repeat a really important part

TESTED with REPEATED EXPERIMENTS and observations and FOUND ALWAYS TO WORK.

Now that you understand what a theory is,
When you see "THEORY OF EVOLUTION" you can say

Evolution was a former hypothesis that has been tested with repeated experiments and observations and found always to work.

Should we rethink the facts of evolution because they don't mesh with unproven beliefs? If that is what we are going to do what about eliminating other things?

Are we going to eliminate math too? If 2 + 2 = 4 is an inconvenient truth for someone, why do we still learn it? Just remember, next time your checking account doesn't balance and you're overdrawn, just illiminate the minus sign in front of the amount and you're fine.

what about history? WW II didn't go well for the nazis so we should just remove WW II from our history books so nazis don't feel bad anymore.

Who cares if those pesky facts get in the way......

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
there's plenty of stuff to prove God exits. You just have to open your eyes in a way that sees past the details. The theory of evolution is supported by massive evidence of all those bones, carbon dating, and pure logic. Well, thousands have seen ghosts, have had instruments pick them up. Pure logic dictates that if massive numbers are in and opinion that it's real, then it must be real. Don't say "well nazis all though Jews were sub-human, so why isn't that true" this is because it is called blind following and was supported by hatred. The people had no evidence to support them but their leader. Then that could be said that we are the same because we follow something 2000 years old. Well, just think this way: If it was bad, then the first generation of followers would have never had been converted. Something told them to join, and it was NOT violence in those days

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

There is no proof of evolution, if there was it wouldn't be called a THEORY.

And here is the point, where you are completely WRONG.

Evolution IS A FACT. Get over it and accept it.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
there's plenty of stuff to prove God exits.

There is no empirical evidence that god exists. If you think there is, then list some.

Pure logic dictates that if massive numbers are in and opinion that it's real, then it must be real.

No, it does not. It just means that a lot of people believe in a paradigm that isn't true. Lots of kids believe in Santa Claus, so he must be real, right?

Well, just think this way: If it was bad, then the first generation of followers would have never had been converted. Something told them to join, and it was NOT violence in those days

No, it's because people all believed in gods back then because they didn't know any better. It has nothing to do with "good" and "bad," it has to do with superstition and lack of true knowledge.

When you get some actual evidence of god's existence that isn't the bible, or attributing something to god just because there is no alternative explanation (yet), I'd love to hear it.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
How can an adult believe in such hocus pocus?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
As predicted in my posts on this thread, this discussion has turned into the old and boring "science vs. religion" although BOTH sides are EXTREMELY limited in scope . Get off of your side and watch your mind expand.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Who says that under evolution things always get better. What if things were continually evolving for the worse? People were not living as long. People were always sick, when they once were more healthy.

Evolution is a fact.

The intricate design of things are another fact.

I do not see an argument here. Is it too simple for you people?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
yes, indeed both are a fact. congratulations, you' ve made it to base 2.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
Who says that under evolution things always get better. What if things were continually evolving for the worse? People were not living as long. People were always sick, when they once were more healthy.

Because if people only got sicker and sicker the species wouldn't survive. You can't really pass on your genes to your children if you die before puberty.

Evolution is a fact.

The intricate design of things are another fact.

Intricate, but not necessarily intelligent

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Both theories/beliefs can not be proven. Why argue one against the other anyway?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join