It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation and Christianity.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by spellbound

Reincarnation is a lie that Satan uses to make people think that the soul lives forever. For instance, in Genesis, God says that if you eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge you shall surely die. But Satan told Eve that you will not die.

Therefore, reincarnation just does not match up with what God said.

Actually your right and wrong in context.

The Universal rebelion did assert that reincarnation of personality was a known eventuality of the phyisical reality. They even introduced confusion into darkened worlds so that they would reincarnate.

Reincarnation is a real phenomenon, but not a ever lasting event. The "Hell" of christianity is based upon the theory of hades. Hades is the holding ground of they that didn't achieve the accention of the soul. It does alow for a rebirthing to provied another chance before the Judgement of an age.

It was the false assumption of Satan and the fallen that they'd rule through reincarnation. However their plan failed because of the confusion of mind associated with the rebirthing process and the washing away of past life memories and present live times.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

So what do you think happens?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

So what do you think happens?

This planet can be seen as a life force generator, out of this generation of life force souls sprout. These souls are contained within phyiscal bodies. It's the soul's job to reach up toward the universal father spirit in a growth way, like a young sprout might reach toward the sun for loving light.

After the phyiscal being reaches the age of reason it is required to make a choice. Things can block this choice making process. If the physical being dies without life accention being achieved they are held over in hopes to be given another chance before the removal of the crop of souls from the planet at any given time.

It was the fallen's false assumption that through world confusion they would issue a never ending "short circuit" of reincarnation. However they are false in their understandings. This world has had to undergo several cleansings since that point.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Can you be more specific? I'm not quite sure what you are asking. If you're asking about the soul...it dies. We are finite.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I STILL DON'T GET IT - WHY ARE BABIES ABUSED? OTHER ANIMALS DON'T DO THIS. I AM WRITING IN CAPITALS BECAUSE THIS IS BAD BAD BAD AND EVIL EVIL EVIL

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Hi Blue,
Hopw do you know we are finite?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Actually, Blue, you have no more idea than anyone else - we may be finite - or we may be infinite

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

You asked me what I thought happens. I told you.
And I based what I think happens on my first post to you.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread290951/pg3#pid5465744]post by Bluerac

Blue,
You said we are finite. That was your opinion. All I am asking is, how do you know? No-one knows.

Cheers, nice to talk to you

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Are you about to scream? lol

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Are you about to scream? lol

Are you talking to yourself now?

And by talking I mean writing texted lines on forum.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Re-read my first post to you. That will explain why I think the way I do.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Blue, I am so sorry if I am driving you mad - don't mean to.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Basically, no-one knows, end of story. BTW look at yourself before accusing other people.

love and blessings

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well it goes without saying that I believe 100% that reincarnation exists ... not only because of my personal experiences and the authenticating information I discovered during my research to prove the reality of this detailed recall, but also the recollections of the hundreds of clients I've regressed during the last 15yrs. (I don't think we can all be wrong or deluded).

But don't take my word for it ... you only have to see how many people responded and added their own recollections to the 15 page thread I made a year ago (ironically this thread was 'resurrected' again yesterday).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And you can find more accounts (including details of my own pastlife memories), on my website;

http:pastlivesparanormalandpagans.webeden.co.uk (link in my signature)

And no-one (not even a Christian) can ignore the fact that The Bible has been added to / detracted from to manipulate it's message to suit the time, over the last 2 millennia that it bears no semblence of any original text (think Chinese Whispers) !

Woody

[edit on 13-12-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am a Christian and I'm completely open to the possibility of reincarnation in Christianity.

The verse that says it is appointed/destined for man to live once to me can simply mean that it was originally appointed/destined for man to live once, but throw in sin, free will, attachments, and so on and it would be easy to say that most souls are trapped in a cycle of birth & death. Just like it is appointed/destined for us to live by the 10 commandments, but do we??

It also says in the Bible, I believe in revelations God saying "to those that overcome, I will make you a pillar in my house, and you shall go out no more."

Implying that the soul was originally a part of God, or was previously in God's house and had to go out, perhaps to take part in the earthly human experience. And by overcoming the ways of the world and becoming Spiritually Enlightened, a soul will return to God's house and wont have to reincarnate.

Many early Christian groups in the first 3-4 centuries believed in reincarnation and that Jesus was sent to die for our sins freeing us from reincarnating and allowing us to be Spiritually Enlightened. These groups considered "Gnostics", also displayed characteristics of having the Holy Spirit, Spiritual Enlightenment, selflessness, Love and other Christ like aspects.

Also, if everyone knew we reincarnate, people would get lazy and say, oh I'll just deal with the whole God thing and take responsibility for myself next time around.

Not only that, if its true that you can enter to Heaven only through Jesus, it would make sense and it would be fair for God to allow those that didn't make it to reincarnate and try again to become Christians.

Completely compatible if you ask me, and I myself am on the fence about whether or not reincarnation exists. I do believe in pre-existence though.

plus the evidence is mounting to suggest so. Most religions believe in it, children are coming out and saying they are smeone else, hypnotism suggests so, near death experiencers report so, psychics report so, and so on

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Lazarus was dead for three days. His cells would have started decomposing. Mary said the body was probably stinking due to rotting flesh. To animate each and every cell would be considered reincarnation. Reincarnation and resurrection could be the same thing but the difference with resurrection is that it guarantees you have all your memories back.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I have just realized that it is all a giant hoax - I don't yet understand why...but get this - God said, if you eat of the tree of knowledge you will die..excuse me, all we know on earth is knowledge, so we will all die?

Why is there knowledge if you aren't allowed to learn it?

OK, as I said before, it is a sick joke and we are an experiment.

I hope that's not true - try and convince me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I am a Christian and I'm completely open to the possibility of reincarnation in Christianity.

Now, isn't that refreshing to hear; a Christian open to possibilities. Such a person could learn much in life, as so many people have closed minds to possibilities, especially reincarnation.

In my family, there is a history of Christianity, currently including an ordained pastor, but I am not currently Christian myself. This life is my 34th incarnation in Human form, and before that there were many incarnations in animal form.

I have been both male and female; black, brown and white; a husband and a wife; a priest, a soldier and a merchant; rich and poor; all of which has provided sufficient spiritual progression to arrive at this current and rather tricky life.

You see, it's a bit like the view of the Earth several hundred years ago when the default position was that the Earth was flat. Everyone knew it was flat, for didn't all the scholars, scientists and priests say so? To consider that it was spherical was to invite ridicule. It didn't matter whether people thought it was flat or a globe, for it was as it was, and still is.

Reincarnation is similar, since what people believe is irrelevant to the truth. Having said that, it took me about 30 years to be in a position to request details from the Akashic Records, where the truth about everything is recorded, in order to obtain an extract from the records about my total existence so far.

You keep an open mind, it's a very good thing!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hey gang - I've read about reincarnation since '70 and have read over 50 books on the subject. For me it all started with Edgar Cayce. It took me 14 years of study to finally accept reincarnation. I've also taught adult Sunday school for 7 years in a Presbyterian church (closet reincarnationist). There are some very good prior mentioned verses: Elijah becoming John the Babtist, there is the final two verses of Malachi, Matt. 5:48 "we shall all become perfect", the persistent dialogue in the New Testament asking who was so and so implying that they had a prior life. Even when asking if John the Babtist was Elijah (he said no because people don't normally remember prior lives), implies a multiple life theology.
What made me a believer is what another poster mentioned, seeing a hypnotist and going into a past life regression (he has witnessed hundreds of them). Anybody can do this, they just need to accept the possiblility. There are now hundreds of documented facts about people who have gone through past life regression. Read Dr. Brian Weiss books or more recently, "Soul Survivor", by Leininger.
Soul Survivor is a thoroughly researched book (11 feet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper) about a child who remembers being a fighter pilot in WW2. The father gets access to Navy records, goes to WW2 reunions and the child meets some of the living pilots who he flew with. This incredible book, after reading it you have to either throw the whole book out or believe in reincarnation.
Reincarnation can explain deja vu, the prodigal genius, the sids baby, soul mates, unknown origin phobias, etc., etc. where one life theology can't. I want somebody to explain to me how a child dying after a month of life (sids) has any purpose for that one month.
Yes, after reading about what the gnostic Christians believed, reading Cayce, and going back into three prior lives and extensive reading, one life theology is a myth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join