It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lazar Theory- What if Bob actually was working for the Government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Now before both sides jump on me, Hear me out on this!

Robert Scott (Bob) Lazar is the man who popped up in 1989 to claim that he had worked on a secret flying disk at the S-4 base. The story became synonomus with Area 51. It was Lazar's efforts that helped shaped public perception of Groom Lake and it secret projects. He made his big public appearance, and the Government went out of it's way to discredit him. Now it doesn't really matter what you think of Lazar and his friends, the fact remains that the story is for better of worse a part of the history of Area 51!

Why did the US Government allow Lazar to make such a media sensation out of the Top Secret research Facility at Groom Lake? Wouldn't publicizing the base be the LAST thing they wanted? - Maybe Not!

What if all the UFO/ET fanfair was used to hide the truth about something much more secret and dangerous?

Back in 1989 while Bob was center stage, something much darker and more sinster was going on at Groom Lake! Robert Frost, a sheet metal worker at the base was sick with the effects of burning toxic wastes connected to the stealth program (the detail are in other threads so I won't repost them). Mr. Frost wasn't the only one who was sick, in fact there were a least 6 victems that we know of.

After Mr. Frost died, there was a very big law suit aimed at uncovering what exactly theses toxic chemical being burned were, and how many people had been hurt by them. Whatever they were burning was top secret wastes created in the development and production of the F-117 Stealth Fighter. As we all know, the military was willing to go to unimagionable lenghts the protect the most sensitive secrets of stealth technology. They wanted the law suit and all the question that went with it to dissapper never to be heard from again.

Now, here's where Lazar comes in! The US DoD know that they couldn't keep the fact that they were being sued from becoming public information. If it became the headline, there would be too many unwanted questions and possible pressure from congress to "Come Clean" about the hazardous waste problem at Area 51. So, in a strategic gamble to avoid this risk, they pulled off a brillint trick of deception that would make any Magician proud. Here's how I think they did it:

People inside of the Pentagon and intelligence community saw that the roumor of UFO's were drawing people to the base. So they decided to Cash in on the UFO story by "inventing" a Top Secret project that never really existed.

First, they found a somewhat strange person who believed in UFO's, Bob Lazar, to play the roll of the big "Scientist" from Area 51. They were counting on Bob's checkered past to help feed the Conspiracy theory. The fact that Mr. Lazar and Mr. Frost both had the first name Robert was a selling point, as it would add to the confusion.

To build on Lazar's cedibibility, they needed someone else with ties to UFO's and secretive topics. So, without his full knowedge of what was cooking, they enisted the help of an older Veitnam Vetran by the name of John Lear. The government knew John was intrested in UFO's and ET. His famous name and his ties to Air Force and CIA stuff would only add creditability by giving the story a sort of "insider" to support Bob Lazar. (Keep in mind that Neither of these men had any clue that this was a government setup!)

Now that Bob and John were busy on the UFO thing what they thought was real. Someone on the inside, probably NSA, was pulling the strings and setting things up, including the amazing "UFO shows" at S-4/Area 51, and the eventual arrest of Bob Lazar. As hoped, Bob and John took the story public, launching a UFO extravaganza at Area 51 and sticking Bob's "secret" project in the headlines.

So while Bob and John were keeping the media occupied with UFO's at Area 51, the Government was busy trying to sweep all traces of the hazardous waste problem under the rug!

The final Irony is that the trick almost worked!

So what do you think? Could Bob have unknowingly been a pawn in one of the Biggest Government cover-up's of all time?

Tim

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't know about Lazaar, but Mr. Lear is much too smart to be played like a pawn. IMO, the government can hide whatever it wants to, and I don't think this story adds up. The UFO stories just brought more attention to area 51, something they wouldn't want if they were trying to cover something else up. Not a bad theory though considering all the disinfo our loving government puts out.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Haha Lazaar's heads been fooled around with that much, even he does not remember what is real anymore, or maybe does not even remember at all.
As for Lear, he has been a useful servant. Always the hothead, little did he realize how good a job Randy did.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yes. Yes I do think you are right Ghost01. At least I would not be very surprised if it turned out to be something like that. But I would not class it "the biggest cover-up of all times" though. Maybe top 10, or at least top 20.

Until I have been proven otherwise, I do also think that Dreamland contains technological secrets that are so secret it's better to make people believe that they have UFO's there (then they don't even have to lie when they say: "No, there are no extraterrestial activities here"). But what do they have there then? Am I even able to guess, in my wildest fantasies or is it way beyond my abilities?

Anyhow, I still want to live my romantic daydream of aliens and UFO's being hosted at that lovely piece of wasteland called Area 51. It would be sooo cool...

Your conspiracy theory, Ghost01, is not only plausible, but highly intellegent and amusing in many ways.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
But I would not class it "the biggest cover-up of all times" though.

Raud,

I never said it was the biggest. I said it was One of the Biggest cover-up's of all time. This cover up has the word "Conspiracy" written all over it. They broke the laws for handling and disposing of Hazardous Waste. They denied people medical help. As if that wasn't enough, they concocted a series of elaborate tricks to cover it all up that involved everything for the Fake Lazar story, to creating a Law right in the middle of a court case to help them hide the truth.

How's that for a Real Life Government Conspiracy?

Tim

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yeah, it's a conspiracy alright. And a major one. But not even in the neighborhood of the MK programs, Watergate or Iran-Contras, but still it's a pretty rotten move. I agree.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
One major flaw in your theory is that Area 51, Groom Lake and S4 are still not officially recognised by the government as existing. If you died in one of these installations I would expect it nie on impossible to get any recompense let alone have it played out in a Public Court Room.

If the Govt. denies its existance and its the official position then a court has no Juristiction and hence a few people dying of chemical poisoning isn't a problem at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
One major flaw in your theory is that Area 51, Groom Lake and S4 are still not officially recognised by the government as existing.

Technically, the US Air Force has publically admitted to the existance of the Groom Lake facility, although they still deny that it's called Area 51. Here is a quote of the official statement fron the Secratary of the Air Force:

"There are a variety of facilities throughout the Nellis Range Complex. We do have faciliities within the complex near the dry lake bed of Groom Lake. The facilities of the Nellis Range Complex are used for testing and training technologies, operations, and systems critical to their effectiveness of U.S. military forces. Specific activities conducted at Nellis cannot be discussed any further than that."

www.wrexhamparaskeptics.4t.com...

The Pentagon has sort of a Love-Hate relationship with the whole issue!

Tim

top topics

join