It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Chat

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

damn...i just got a pm from her about 20 minutes ago so it just happened...

bummer man...major was cool

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
eegads...

Guess burning on the cyber-stake is still an option.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well that sucks. But its a privately owned website, go fig.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Usually I stay out of the religious threads, due to a slight brain to keyboard imbalance I have when reading all the BS the sheeple start spouting out...

The Major is a feisty one, that's for sure, but her posts are usually pretty on the money!

"By Grapthars Hammer you will be avenged"

- Sorry I caught the last 25mins of Galaxy Quest the other day! -

We never really know what goes on behind the scenes! They have these "Friend" lists and then you're not supposed to ask questions, or care when one of your friends bites the big "B".

"It would seem to be somewhat illogical captain" Said the Vulcan with an eyebrow raised.

MonKey

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I hate to see her go. I enjoyed reading her post, and admired her tenacity.

MM was a cool cat.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Here's hopeing that the ban is a temporary one. I realise that I'm very new here and I hope that my thoughts count in this matter.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Major ATS Malfunction

This is an absolute disgrace. Major Malfunction is (I shall not say was) one of the most interesting posters and personalities on Above Top Secret. I am astonished to learn that this has happened to her.

But perhaps I should have expected it. As the months and years have passed, I have grown ever more disenchanted with ATS.

Far from the truth being 'in here' as the management likes to boast, there is absolutely nothing in here but rumour, fable and internet legend. No conspiracy of any great note has ever been or will ever be exposed or proved here. The earnest ungulates who flock here in hopes of outing the Illuminati, the Space Aliens and the real bad guys behind 9/11 might as well save themselves the trip. The basic operating premise of the site is effectively invalid.

Moreover, the quality of person lately jumped up to moderator astonishes me. One, for example, regularly posts distorted or misrepresented information to support his religious beliefs and also his revolting homophobia.

The quality of members has fallen, too. These days, every Tom, Dick and Nancy is an ATS member. They register, post some execrable rubbish the same day, boorishly and stupidly argue their nonexistent point and then disappear. Why is the management letting them in? Come on, why do you think this site exists? To provide a forum for alternative news and theories? To crusade against the evil conspirators who rule us? Bollywocks. The only conspiracy is right here on ATS; it exists to make money for the Site Owners.

I'll be following the MM issue until it is resolved, but this will be my last-ever post on ATS unless she is reinstated. I don't suppose anyone will miss me much, but perhaps one or two will appreciate the reasons why.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

you will be missed... as would MM if she isn't reinstated.

first kacen... now MM

who was behind the banning? what was the justification?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I seldom, if ever, agree with you lot on this topic. I, too, find it somewhat upsetting that she got banned. I hope it wasn't for this, and that it's temporary.

Actually, this sucks. Didn't agree with her, but respected her.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Major Malfunction banned? :shk:

For all that I didn't agree with all her opinions, (only most of them), I admired her forthrightness and honesty.

I sincerely hope that this is just a temporary situation, but would she want to come back now.....???
It seems there has been a spate of bannings of some of the more "vocal" members of ATS.

It is a sad day for ATS when a member of the stature of MM get's banned and it is a sad reflection on ATS as a whole.

I understand it is a privately owned site and the need to abide to the T&C but... :shk:
:shk:

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Careful there MIMS that may be against the T&C. (asking questions about banned members not showing compassion for your fellow humans, that is!)

MonKey

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Not against the T&C. But as I understand it, frowned upon by the staff. Apparently so as not to "create drama" and stuff.

Anyway, you all are kinda off topic. That's clearly stated in the T&C.

1f.) Relevant Content: You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oooh, I dunno, BC...

It's an 'atheist chat' thread. MIMS is an atheist, and he is chatting about the fate of another atheist, heh.

Now, I'm another atheist, and I'm chatting about an atheist chatting about the fate of an atheist. That's third-order atheist chat.

Enough wriggle-room methinks. Or mehopes.

"And Saint Attila raised the holy flamethrower up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy flamethrower that with it Thou mayest burn Thine enemies to toast, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take off the holy safety-catch, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then aim thy Holy flamethrower of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, press the trigger and they shall snuff it." Amen"

*gazes around uncertainly for signs of holy banninating flamethrower of Antioch*

[edit on 14-1-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Just saying... don't want any more of my friends to get banned because someone got pissed off...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Just saying... don't want any more of my friends to get banned because someone got pissed off...

Heh, well I would say to any atheist here to just be careful in faith threads. I don't bother with them much, no point, complete waste of time. We speak different languages.

I'd rather pierce my eyeball with a hot poker than discuss with some of the people in those threads. Indeed, there has been an influx of a certain class of member recently.

ABE: we can already see that some support you pointing out that issue, BC. All those stars to tell the naughty atheists to STFU.

How, errrm, sad. Frown away...

[edit on 14-1-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
No one on ATS was ever banned because of their beliefs. We couldn't care less if they're christian, agnostic, atheist, wicca, muslim or whatever. But by their failure to abide by the T&C of this site. I would think you guys would understand that.

Edn

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Heh, well I would say to any atheist here to just be careful in faith threads.

If we have to sencor ourselves to make religous people happy then this isnt a place I want to stay in. I can understand staying out of topics that are spesific discussions aimed at a particular religon but the majority of topics on this forum tend to be open discussions where anyone can participate (at least in theory) the same is said for all the forums on this site.

I havent had the internet for three months and so havent posted for a while but to come back to the news that a highly respected, well informed and great contributor to this site (at least in my opinion) has been banned is sad news and puts a big dent in my faith in the staff on this site.

:: whilst writing this:

No one on ATS was ever banned because of their beliefs. We couldn't care less if they're christian, agnostic, atheist, wicca, muslim or whatever. But by their failure to abide by the T&C of this site. I would think you guys would understand that.

I guess we just dont seam it likely that she would break the T&C enough to get banned, it would be nice to nkow why but i gess that is "fround upon".

Either way Im far more likely to belive her than a mod at this point and from what she said it seams a particular mod was letting there religon guide there direction in there actions as a staff member.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is indeed a shock, so please forgive me if I am off topic for a few lines.

I just looked up this thread as I remembered seeing it in MM's sig and now I find a banning of one of the most respected members of this site.

And yet I could name other members who troll repeatedly on any thread they perceive as being anti - (their particular thing) but most especially religion.

Thanks for hearing me out.

My intention in coming to this thread was to explore the meaning that atheism has for people, whether they have another form of belief system and to try and explain my own feelings.

To clarify, I am a spiritual person who could be called agnostic, but who does not necessarily disbelieve the existence of a "higher" being.
If that sounds confused, then it's probably because I am.
I've been thinking about this since I left the faith I was born into - the problem is breaking the programming that I received at an early age so that I can look at things objectively, and this is no easy task.

If this thread is goingto die because MM is (hopefully just for the moment) not with us, then anybody can u2u me with their thoughts.

This is a subject I'm very interested in, and I hope for some quality feedback.

Thanks

Edn

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

My intention in coming to this thread was to explore the meaning that atheism has for people, whether they have another form of belief system and to try and explain my own feelings.

I tend to think of athism as a catch all word for anyone who doesnt belive in god or gods. There are many people who are spiritual but do not belive in god and are not nessiseraly bound to a religon, I would class them as athiest or agnostic, even some religons i would class as athistic or agnostic for example Buddhism. So atheism is basically like theism, its a word which describes the general direction of a persens belife i.e you belive in gods (theism) or you dont (atheism)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
MM banned??? What did I miss? (haven't been on for a few days)

Why is it these religionites want to ban anything that doesn't agree?, I thought there beliefs were unshakable - I must be wrong though, we atheists must be a bigger threat to religion (read christianity) than I once imagined (cool).

But to ban someone for free speech and debate?? BAH HUMBUG

whats the world coming to when you cant disagree with others opinions?

G

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join