It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Chat

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
MM?

Where are you?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I won't give up ...if you don't give up...

youtube.com...
Listen to the whole song?

[edit on 29-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
"It wasn't long before we talked...and talked and talked we did"
He looked deep into the legend...and did sought...
went beyond the surface...and lifted the lid.
"

(From Ducky's poems)

[edit on 29-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Uh oh, I missed your messages, Ducks.

It's been a bit crazy.

I think we have about a week to go until the ATSmix show with MIMS and I posts.

Stay tuned, atheists and other interested parties ...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
That's what I felt like. What a BIOTCH I was. A kind soul gave me this pill: percoset.(I think that's how it's spelled) OHHHHHHH boy.. thank God that person gave me that!

I was higher than a kite! and that freakin pill took more than the edge off of my pain!!! (not adcocating drug use what-so-ever)

It literally took the pain away.

Ow, you were bringing me back memories of the dental work I got done a month or so ago. Tooth pain and burns from heat seem to be the most painful "acute" injuries one can experience, aside from like.. breaking a bone, with a compound fracture.

[edit on 10/1/2007 by runetang]

[edit on 10/1/2007 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
did anyone catch the previews for next week's House, MD?

He's going to get interested enough in NDE to induce one in himself with a pocket knife and an electrical outlet.

House being the atheist and curmudgeon he is, I would frankly be disappointed in the show if he suddenly got Jesus.

I'm really looking forward to that episode.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yeah MM i would have to agree with you on that one, I would hate for him to find christ that way myself. But it would be intresting to see over the course of several storylines him having serious struggles with his beliefs becase of it. And dont get me wrong it isnt any desire to see him convert or anything, I would be just as content if he didn't, but to see him occasionly dealing with a case of the what if's.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You gotta love Bill Maher. The "Rationalist" bit is at the very end of New Rules.

Warning: Might offend some religious people.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
oh boy! Did I ever need that laugh, thank you Bill and MajorMalfunction. I find this threat refreshing, haven't read all the posts yet, some things take time.

I am a "Rationalist" as Bill states. I have raised 3 boys to be good members of society. All three have never gone to Sunday church, nor have they been Christened.

They don't know any Bible stories. Have no conditioning or preconceived ideas of their existence. We are spiritual, I like to say, still not sure why though.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Welcome to the thread!

The only guideline is no preaching. Talk about any kind of secular/nonbelief issues you would like.

Edn

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
We are spiritual, I like to say, still not sure why though.

Spiritual is a hard work do define in my opinion, in fact I cant even define it, when I use spiritual i don't use it to describe a connection to god but more of a connection to everything.

It means different things to different people.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
Spiritual is a hard work do define in my opinion, in fact I cant even define it, when I use spiritual i don't use it to describe a connection to god but more of a connection to everything.

OK OK OK i am sorry
but i just HAD to post a comment based on Edn's post. Connected to everything is absolutely fantastic. I know exactly what you mean
- say no more except that it is wonderful!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hey MajorMalfunction - now how can you say we hate you (atheists) - i heard the interview - quite interesting though
but I don't hate you - i doubt most Christians would either. Perhaps you may "P" them off LOL but i doubt they hate you people

And madnessinmysoul, I am glad you like honesty. It is a good trait.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Oh, I don't know ... perhaps some of the gems of threads such as "Atheism is the worst sin" gave me that impression.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Oh, I don't know ... perhaps some of the gems of threads such as "Atheism is the worst sin" gave me that impression.

yeah well i guess some may feel that way but it is definitely a minority and i am sure there are some atheists that hate Christians, but again, i hope a minority.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think what goes on is that the most vocal of us are the ones that seem to represent each side.

For the record, I don't hate Christians. I don't like the religion (any religion), and I don't like the attitudes of some of the fundies, but I do have Christian friends IRL and here, and I make a distinction between the person and their belief system.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

seconded. my two closest friends... no, my two brothers (that's how damn close we are) are both devout christians... one actually plans on becoming a catholic youth minister (such a waste of his intelligence, in my opinion).

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You can't hate people just because of their religion. What's the point of being an atheist if you had to do that?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I think what goes on is that the most vocal of us are the ones that seem to represent each side.

For the record, I don't hate Christians. I don't like the religion (any religion)...

Well, I believe we should represent our "side" or we wouldn't be very sure of our beliefs. I think it is how we represent our side that determines what sort of person we are. What we all need to understand is that we are all different and need to accept the other's beliefs - even if we do disagree.

I too do not hate atheists - i may not agree to much of what they do or do not believe in but i do respect it. Sometimes i may come across a little itrritaed at times but for good reason - to me.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
seconded. my two closest friends... are both devout christians... one actually plans on becoming a catholic youth minister (such a waste of his intelligence, in my opinion).

I am glad this is your opinion. I think questioning someone's intelligence because of their choices in religion is wrong. There are more intelligent Catholics than there are atheists AND visa versa. It isn't a question, AT ALL, of intelligence. If that is his choice, and you were a friend - as close as a brother, you should support him - not pray with him but allow him that freedom without questioning him. It comes back to what happens when your kids are old enough to choose and they choose Christianity - what would you do? IF Christians are right and you are wrong - for arguments sake, how would you feel? Can you give an honest answer?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
You can't hate people just because of their religion. What's the point of being an atheist if you had to do that?

I don't dislike people solely because they are religious instead I judge people on where there beliefs. I do dislike people who discriminate against gays , single mothers , those who oppose the of condoms in Africa e.t.c

Personally I would like to put the people who inspire such things in the dock for corrupting civilization .

[edit on 9-10-2007 by xpert11]

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join