It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite power tool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I've just been "smashing & bashing" out in my barn, renovating the roof actually, and was getting much satisfaction from using my various power tools.

In particular, I was using my "belt-sander". It's such a versatile little thing and can be used for so many different jobs. I have a nice course grade belt in it and it makes light work of most things I tackle with it. It also requires little effort to use and can do flat, or profiled sanding. I use something similar to this:

Brilliant.

What's your favorite power tool and what do you do with it?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hubby bought a power drill. That has been a lifesaver around here. Between the house stuff and the kids asking to unscrew a screw on a toy it's been fantastic!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just the other day, I had to put down a sub-floor before installing ceramic tiles. Without my 18 volt rechargeable drill, that job would have taken me all day (and night). I had to put down a screw every four inches -- we're talking in excess of a thousand screws here! As it was, the job took a few very monotonous hours but it made my vote for "my favorite power tool" absolutely clear.

My favorite power tool? My Drill!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

from benevolent tyrant:
My favorite power tool? My Drill!

Yeah, nothing worse than blisters from putting in screws eh!

Thank goodness for the re-chargeables.

[edit on 8/7/2007 by nerbot]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
For everyday, hands-on fixin the house type stuff, it has to be a power drill with variable speed. I wish I could afford one of the really nice cordless ones, but my Stanley isn't bad, just doesn't hold a charge as long.

For art projects, it's a tossup between my Dremel and the bench grinder I installed a buffing wheel on.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The most versatile tool has got to be my power drill. I can't imagine doing home repairs without it. Of course my saws and router can't be replaced either. Actually I have and use more power tools then alot of men I know; they borrow mine

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I see everyone likes their drills.
Here's a picture that is similar to mine.

I have the deluxe model with built in LED lights that shine on your work area, a top and rear level, battery charge level indicator, and a bunch of attachments.

I couldn't live without it.

My Dremel set is another priceless tool I could never go without.
It has the extension wand and about 300 attachments. That sucker can cut through anything in a jiffy, or you can do the most detailed work depending on the bit you have on the end.
And wow, I can't believe the kind of RPMs you can crank it up to.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Definitely my power drill too. I don't know how I would fix anything in my house without it!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My power drill. I have no idea how to use anything else.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What's my favorite power tool?

I don't have to think long about this one, I have been in construction for many years and my ultimate favorite power tool is money. Why? well I don't have to do the work myself, because I have been there and done most of that.

But really I love my Dewalt compound miter saw on a portable Ridgid cart and my Ridgid planer.

top topics

join