It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager The Next Generation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Most of us here will be aware of the Voyager spacecraft that has now left our solar system each containing a gold plated record with information about humanity on it. How will ET be able to read/listen to this record if they do not have a record player??
Anyway moving on. If we were to send out another spacecraft today with a message in a bottle. What would you say about us?. Would we say we survived the Cold War only to be bogged down with terrorism ? Or would we steer away from politics and just say help we are gonna die eventually thanks to Global Warming?. What would we use? a DVD ? holographic images? Maybe we could include a link to ATS !!

But joking apart how would the 21st Century message in a bottle be used to communicate with ET? Oh and one more food for thought, hands up anyone who thinks Voyager has already been "inspected" by ET now that it is out of the solar system ?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Maybe they recovered Voyager, souped it up, and sent it back to us as the CARET drone, Chad's drone, whatever the hell it is...

[edit on 8-7-2007 by djdave2010]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I reckon instead of sending info we should send a meathod of communication - lets say a telephone!

Not as daft as it sounds ya know. Quantm theroy predicts instant communication over any distance using a quantum telephone. This device would make use of Quantum entanglement

The way I understand it (don't laugh, I never claimed to be smart!) is that two of thease quantum telephones would have to be made, they are then a direct link to each other, regardless of distance, one would be kept here - the other sent on its way, ET calls collect!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
First, I have to commend you on your enterprise
of looking for possible message to the stars.
I would insert trousers from that famous actor
who played Capt. James T. Kirk.
Think of it, Shatners Pants across the void.

The Chad Drone 'thing' isn't he the lead singer
of Nickleback?

I agree with the Quantum Telephone, but wouldn't
it be lonely with the only guide on your travels is Al,
an hologram that only Sam can see and hear. As he
travels through time putting right things that once went
wrong and each time hoping... that his next leap would
be the leap home... oh boy.

Oh, Ziggy says there's a 70% chance this'll be the last
post on this thread, but heh, he comes on so loaded man.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Most of us here will be aware of the Voyager spacecraft that has now left our solar system each containing a gold plated record with information about humanity on it. How will ET be able to read/listen to this record if they do not have a record player??

A diagram was included on the cover, that explains how to listen and watch the recording using 'scientific language'.

Here's the explanation of the diagram.

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
But joking apart how would the 21st Century message in a bottle be used to communicate with ET? Oh and one more food for thought, hands up anyone who thinks Voyager has already been "inspected" by ET now that it is out of the solar system ?

It's my personal belief and theory that alien civilizations avoid direct contact with our civilization for now, either imposed by some set of 'rules' of some sort of 'united nations of the universe' or by their own (past) experiences or fear of what it might do to our civilization.

Unless the aliens pick on the signals being sent to/from the probe, I think it's highly unlikely for them to come in contact with it.

And in the highly improbability that it happens, my guess is that they do some sort of scan on the probes, for dangerous materials/check if it's a weapon/etc and let it go on it's way.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Al... Why haven't I leaped yet?

I would put a mobile telephone in a craft
with instructions to shout into the receiver
and explain "I'm on the bus now"
Also it would blare out 'Pinky & Perky'
music that would resemble speeded-up
hip-hop.

As long as they don't ask what the little
red button on the side is for.

Mustn't forget, put in a large bag of travel sweets