It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4-year-old girl claims to be Kalpana Chawla, the astronaut

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Demonic posession explains these cases. The demon knows the life of the past person and therefore is very accurate. I think the reason that this is found in India more is because it is a tenet of the main religion of that region.

are you saying the little girl is possessed by a demon?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I believe fully in reincarnation. Even if it turns out that a lot of stories are fake, I just cant believe that we stop existing.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
There have been many stories of this type reported. Some appear to be very hard to disprove. I watched a show on Discovery Channel last year where a child claimed to be a reincarnate of another person. The family of the departed met the child who claimed to be their daughter and they were convinced that the child was telling the truth. The child shared stories that only the ‘original’ family would have known about.

I believe we have the ability to recall both past lives and soul transfer when we are children. As we grow older we lose the ability. This happens largely because we are not listened too or we are derided when we try to talk about such things. I remember when one of my nephews was young he used to ask such questions and because I didn’t ridicule him he felt safe. He was reborn and remembered things from his past life as an American in Vietnam. His recollection was chilling and very hard to disprove. He wrote stories and poems about his previous life. He was seven at the time. His Grandmother, my Mother thought he was mad and dragged him off to see a Doctor. After this happened his recall closed – very sad.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Similar story, this one is about a Scottish boy claming to have lived another life and they take him to 'his house'.
Sorry to those that struggle to understand some Scot accents, I do to and I dont live a million miles from Scotland.

video.google.co.uk...

[edit on 9/7/07 by eagle32]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It really isn't strange when you consider that Indians believe in reincarnation and that they all are pretty much media hounds, especially when it comes to setting world records.

Neither of your examples are relevant to to the girl, are they? She's not trying to set a record.

But let's talk about your stereotype assertion that "all" Indians are media hounds. How about I tell you that Jews are even bigger media hounds and give you an example that makes logical sense, such as the fact that a disproportionate number of them are in show business, like the three guys in your avatar. Do you like stereotypes? There's one for you.

[edit on 7/9/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
Now I'm certainly skeptical, but.... (1) the fatal damage was caused by a piece of foam (with frozen ice on/in it) due to the liquid fuel (2) The astronauts might not have known the cause of the fault.

I agree, any internet search for "shuttle launch" and "ice" will reveal how dangerous the ice build up is on the shuttle exterior. Here's a picture of one such example of ice formations on the tank as a result of the super cool liquid oxygen. A chunk of ice, or a ball of ice, could have fallen off and taken some heat shields with it. Or the ice buildup pulled the foam off. Either way the ice or the heat shield or both then fell on the wing puncturing it.

www.space.com...
Shuttle fuel tank foam has been one of NASA's greatest concerns since the 2003 Columbia tragedy, in which a 1.67-pound chunk of foam insulation fell from a bipod ramp and breached the orbiter's left wing leading edge.

The resulting damage left Columbia vulnerable to the extreme temperatures of reentry, leading to its destruction and the loss of seven astronauts during their Feb. 1, 2003 Earth return.

NASA has since replaced that bipod foam ramp with a heater to prevent ice formation, but the newly discovered crack in Discovery's fuel tank is just above the right bracket that anchors the heated bipod - and the attached shuttle - to the tank.

(There are 2 foam bipod ramps, the left one fell during the Columbia launch. )

Apparently NASA believes in a connection between ice and foam loss, enough at least to install a heater in the exact location of foam loss. However the new heater is still not preventing ice buildup... I dont think the Discovery will be next to go tho, not according to this pattern:

"the CHALLENGER COLUMBIA ENDEAVOURS for the DISCOVERY of ATLANTIS" 2 Down, 3 to go. Wait, it looks like they will be gone, a couple of years before 2012 even. wiki:"According to NASA, Space Shuttle Endeavour will be decommissioned in 2010, along with Discovery and Atlantis." (Hmm, even written in the same order as above) "NASA expects to have the Orion spacecraft, a reusable launch vehicle, ready no later than 2014" Boy, where do they come up with these shuttle names!? Definetly not a hat filled with possible names written on napkins.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Grady' makes sense... so far this "news" item doesn't. The claim of STS-107 being destroyed as stated in the zee' article is incorrect. I quote from the article:

"Yet Upasana`s proclamation led us all to believe that she was actually talking about her previous birth,` he said. `She claims that the spacecraft was hit by a huge ball of ice that sent it crashing and ended her life."

There was and is no evidence of a "hugh ball of ice" involved in the re-entry off-nominal event that claimed 107 and her crew.

Remember, this is a small child talking about something that is relatively complicated. I would argue that it's possible that she is referring to the foam insulation that broke off the external tank and damaged the left wing during launch, and that this subsequently resulted in the spacecraft "crashing".

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Mogget]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Meanwhile her parents pass around the hat to help their daughters regain the former memories and everybody (in on the scam wearing a turban) wins $10000. Puhhlease..its like all the people with over inflated senses of self that used to be Julius Caeser. Or Shakespeare or the budding elderly musician who is Mozart. Or even Elvis.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
God can do whatever He wants to. If He wants people to come back .. they will come back.

ONE thing about her story makes me disbelieve it. She was born just a couple of months after the astronaut died. That would make the body of the child soul-less in the mothers womb until just about birth time. I highly doubt that's the case. People are known to have womb memories AND very young children in the womb suck their thumbs, open their eyes, play with their toes, etc etc etc ....

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Reminds me of my friend's daughter...

Something she said to him aged four or so...

'dad, do you remember when I was a french pianist?'

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
God can do whatever He wants to. If He wants people to come back .. they will come back.

ONE thing about her story makes me disbelieve it. She was born just a couple of months after the astronaut died. That would make the body of the child soul-less in the mothers womb until just about birth time. I highly doubt that's the case. People are known to have womb memories AND very young children in the womb suck their thumbs, open their eyes, play with their toes, etc etc etc ....

God can do whatever he wants to. If He wants a soul to exist in two places at once, or a fetus to have no soul until it's a certain age .. they will be in two places at once, or not have a soul for a little bit.

That's the problem with dealing with the omnipotent. They can do anything, and there is no logic to it.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I say she was coached by someone who didn't know the details.

The real astronaut would not have known about the icy foam hitting the orbiter caused the damage later, even if you want to accept that that's what the child meant.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

People are known to have womb memories

Please provide a link to the evidence for this. I've never heard of such a thing, and I seriously doubt that it's true.

The real astronaut would not have known about the icy foam hitting the orbiter caused the damage later, even if you want to accept that that's what the child meant.

All seven of those astronauts were well aware that foam insulation had detached from the external tank and hit the orbiter's left wing during launch. It's just that NASA determined that it wouldn't have been capable of causing any serious damage.

That was a miscalculation of catastrophic proportions.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski

There was and is no evidence of a "hugh ball of ice" involved in the re-entry off-nominal event that claimed 107 and her crew.

Exactly! And Kalpana Chawla's father's name is Banarsi Lal Chawla and not Banarsi Das Chawla as the child claims.

I think it's all a gimmick! If the parents of this child had any knowledge of space they would have then tutored the kid to say that it was a huge 'ball of fire' and not a ball of ice which they got wrong. They probably are under the impression that space is filled with balls of ice (That's where hailstones come from huh?!
).

Darn! I wish these guys brush up their knowledge first before tutoring their kids!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget

People are known to have womb memories

Please provide a link to the evidence for this. I've never heard of such a thing, and I seriously doubt that it's true.

NO LINK. I suppose I could do a google search to post some, but I'm not going to bother.

I have two womb memories. I told these memories to my mother and she explained exactly the situation that they happened in. It was really amazing.

#1 - I was laying on my left side with my head up (in the womb). There was a god awful noise. It would happen. Then a few moments later it happened again .. then again ..etc. I remember not wanting to, but I pushed my left ear up against the wall. I hated doing it because the noises were strange and the feeling was icky. I did that to ease some of the noise, but it didn't help the other side. I remember pushing against the right side, but the noise got louder. I was MAD. VERY MAD.

My mom said this had to have happened when she was almost 8 months pregnant and she went to a stock car race and demolition derby. She remembers me (in the womb) stiffining up and pushing up against her insides. She said that I was on my left side with my head up and that I never moved from this position during her pregnancy.

#2 - The other memory was of a very bright light and a sizzling hurt that flashed over all my skin. It sizzled. Cant' explain it other than that. My mom is pretty sure that this was also when she was 8 months pregnant. She had an Xray and they injected her with things. When I was born I came out with my skin raw ... so there is some physical evidence to back up my memory.

I talked to a priest about them. He said that he had a few folks tell him womb memories over the years. Not a lot. Just a few.

[edit on 7/9/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au
ive always had this theory that the light at the end of the tunnel is actually your spirit entering the world again through the birth of a baby (light in the tunnel being light at the end of the birth canal)

would make sense as to why when some babies die shortly after birth, its when you have a near death experience but dont die and go back to your old life and report seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

would also explain why some small children retain some memory of their former life.

of course this is based on nothing but my own thoughts and logic (or lack of depending on your opinion)

You opinion makes sense..I am still skeptical about reincarnation

[edit on 8/7/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
.....what about the possibility of memories being stored in and passed on through DNA? In this case, allowing for a moment that the child was not coached, if the child was born 4 months after the fact, who's to say that the mother didn't expose her to the information through her own interest or research? ...or maybe she was having tea somewhere when the news broke and the story was broadcast?

Historians often refer to the collective memory of a civilization and while I have no google links to offer, simply being a mom proves to me that children do in deed seem to have knowledge that is not taught. I have homeschooled my son since birth - I know what he has been "taught" and he knows things that I have not taught him.....nothing earth shattering just things that were sort of matter-of-fact that I was relieved I didn't have to take the time with. He is super at math and has incredible musical skills (same part of the brain) and although I have never formally taught him - I am a musician and he is well developed here.

I would imagine children are often stunted by well meaning adults who too often dismiss their "ramblings" as just that...I would think that probably much interesting and useful information has just been stuffed away until it is forgotten. Just my .02.....err maybe .05

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't know if it's reincarnation, but there is SOME way to pick up info or memories of violent deaths. when i was a small kid i had very nasty brutal nightmares of close combat scenes which i now think originated from the Vietnam war during which i was born. but i don't know if i just picked that up from "global consciousness" or if i am a reincarnated GI or VC.
I could not have picked it up on TV because my parents did not let me watch TV until i went to school.
there is also a documentary about a Kurdish girl from Turkey who has memories of a girl from next town that died in a brutal car accident. that case was well researched and remains undebunked and unexplained.
most of the better known cases from India have been debunked though, it's often parents or other relatives with religious agendas who "prepare" the kids. Just like the "Back from Hell" Video in ATS MM section clearly has a Christian agenda and should be taken with a massive dose of salt.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why does everyone always need proof. Is this some kind of programming built in to your mind through the indoctrination of school? If you think about it most of what you know right now is based on teachings from school.

History is written by the victors, so no one really knows anything about the past unless they lived it.

Why is it you will accept the fact that say everything is made of atoms, which all have a scientific number to calculate the molecular structure of a material.

You've never seen an atom, you don't even really know what one looks like. In grade nine you are taught that an atom is a certain way, in grade ten they tell you to forget what you learned in grade nine, that there is a different way.

Once again in grades eleven and twelve the same thing occurs, they tell you forget what you spent an entire year learning, it's not even like that.

So where's your proof?

You just go on believing that there is four different ways to calculate and identify the material that makes up all of life.

Yet you cannot accept a simple thing such as Reincarnation, you are born, you live, you die, why is it the body goes back to the earth but the soul supposedly wanders aimlessly forever?

Or do you just not believe in souls? if thats the matter then maybe instead of believing what "They" tell you to believe, start thinking for your self.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
After reading of the Near-Death recollections from children and adults
at: www.near-death.com... it's almost a certainty that our spirits
do reincarnate over and over again.

Apparently we go back "home" and choose a life/location that will best
match what our spirit needs for continued growth and ascension to
higher levels of maturity. The NDE's (near death experiences) from
younger children are especially important for study because they
haven't been exposed to the world and history books. When they
describe a past-life, or deceased relatives, their recollections are
shockingly accurate. Adults also recollect past lives via NDE's and
also under deep hypnosis, but it could be a life/era that they read
about in a book, or watched on television at some point in the past.

If a 4 year old describes a past life and the details can be verified,
it's the real deal...Unless they state that they were Cookie Monster,
Big Bird, Barney, etc..
-cwm

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join