It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4-year-old girl claims to be Kalpana Chawla, the astronaut

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

4-year-old girl claims to be Kalpana Chawla, the astronaut

www.zeenews.com

A four-year-old girl who claims her name is Kalpana Chawla and that she died up in the skies four years ago is drawing huge crowds in a village here in Uttar Pradesh.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gulfnews.com
www.thepeni nsulaqatar.com

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Kalpana Chawla was one of the crew members of Columbia Space Shuttle that exploded in an unfortunate accident in 2003. She claims to have reborn in a remote village in India in a poor laborer's family.

www.zeenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/7/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The evidence of reincarnation from small children is some of the best.
Here is a story from a few years ago of a 6 year old boy who claimed to be a WWII fighter pilot.

Quite a few people — including those who knew the fighter pilot — think James is the pilot, reincarnated.

link

The University of Virginia has done extensive research on reincarnation.

In many parts of the world, some young children, usually between the ages of 2 and 5, speak about a previous life they claim to have lived. At the same time they often show behavior, such as a phobia, that is unusual in their family and/or not explained by any current life events but that seems concordant with the child's statements about a previous life. In many cases of this type the child's statements have been shown to correspond accurately to facts in the life and death of a deceased person; in many of these cases the families concerned have had no contact before the case developed. Some of the children have birthmarks and birth defects that correspond to wounds or other marks on the deceased person whose life a child remembers. In numerous cases postmortem reports have confirmed these correspondences. Older children may retain these apparent memories, but generally they seem to fade around the age of 7 .

link

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
that's one freaky story.
Zeenews looks relieable, but more sources would be welcome.
Heard of similar stories before - small kids claiming to be someone else sho died just before their birth, sometimes even inheriting special talents from the deceased.
Always got me wondering how that could be faked... haven't figured it out yet

peace

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Isn't it strange that a lot of these stories come from children in India?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

It really isn't strange when you consider that Indians believe in reincarnation and that they all are pretty much media hounds, especially when it comes to setting world records.

One case in point:

www.breitbart.com...

[edit on 2007/7/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

is it? had no idea, but if that's true my scam alert is red hot.
are the parents charging hard cash for the crowds to see the kid?

peace nevertheless

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ive always had this theory that the light at the end of the tunnel is actually your spirit entering the world again through the birth of a baby (light in the tunnel being light at the end of the birth canal)

would make sense as to why when some babies die shortly after birth, its when you have a near death experience but dont die and go back to your old life and report seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

would also explain why some small children retain some memory of their former life.

of course this is based on nothing but my own thoughts and logic (or lack of depending on your opinion)

[edit on 8/7/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Grady' makes sense... so far this "news" item doesn't. The claim of STS-107 being destroyed as stated in the zee' article is incorrect. I quote from the article:

"Yet Upasana`s proclamation led us all to believe that she was actually talking about her previous birth,` he said. `She claims that the spacecraft was hit by a huge ball of ice that sent it crashing and ended her life."

There was and is no evidence of a "hugh ball of ice" involved in the re-entry off-nominal event that claimed 107 and her crew.

I don't talk about 107 much. "KC" Chawla was a fine scientist, a quality human who deserves the very best in every respect.

Should KC's family says the child is KC reincarnate I may consider changing my view.

Vic

[edit on 8-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You don't have to live in India to believe in reincarnation, they embrace the knowledge and share it. If your 4 year old came to you and said her real name is John Smith would you tell the neighbors. I think not.

When I was researching Plaidians and the Billy Meier story, I remember his contacts saying that due to the population of earth the turn around time (my words) for a soul is faster where as it use to be 50 to 75 years.

Please, please spare me your Billy Meier debunking speaches. Thanks. I am just sharing where I heard some information on this subject before.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Don't forget the astronaut was from India and no doubt believed in reincarnation, herself. I was clinically dead in 1999 and found myself bathed in a living, bright white light where I felt very much alive.

I had the choice to stay or come back while I was in the light. When I came back two nurses came in to prepare me for the morque, as I died fully clothed. I can't see why souls can't be reincarnated;my soul choose to return to my body.

I have always believed in reincarnation and that we can either incarnate on Earth or any place in the universe. When Christ said 'in my Father's house there are many mansions', even as a young child, I understood that to mean that I could live where I wanted in the vastness of the universe. I didn't believe that he meant houses, but bodies. Also, Christ does refer to our bodies as temples of our soul. So essentially, we can move from mansion to mansion, temple to temple, place to place.

I remember telling my dad what I thought that scripture meant (he was a lay minister at the time of Jewish lineage) even he hadn't really considered the profound impact of that statement. He understood it to have meant something else, but when I told him what I thought it said to me-he was perplexed.

The other day, I heard a young girl say that she wanted to come back as a lap dog. I often look at my pets, and one or two of them look like they have been incarnated on Earth before. It is something in their eyes and mannerisms. There is just something different about them that makes them stand.It is harder to prove reincarnation with animals, but young children can tell us where they were before.

I remember being a baby and frustrated that the thoughts in my head would come out of my mouth garbled. Even now, I still have early memories of seeing my parents as an infant.

As children, we are closer to the veil than when we are adults. I remember being intrigued by my hands and would have clear dreams of coming down to Earth and becoming microscopic(although I hadn't heard the word at the time) then bursting into life on Earth and then I saw myself moving away from Earth and Earth becoming microscopic. That haunted me up to the age of 12. In 1968/69 with the Apollo moon missions, I described Earth from space to my parents, as the moon missions were televised in black and white.

My mother said of all her children, I was and am more highly evolved. I am unsure to what reference in relation to my siblings that she came to this conclusion. She said that I was also questioning everything, and at the age of 7 wanted to understand the political system and why people went to war(motivation). I would sit at the dinner table and quiz my dad apparently. It seems there was some other strange things I was doing as a child.

However, the point I am trying to make is that some of us are old souls, who may have incarnated many times on Earth, or incarnated on Earth from elsewhere.

My Nanny was a devout Christian. She took one look at my baby sister and told my mum that she was an old soul and had been on Earth before. Remember this is a devout Christian woman, who also believed in the transmigration and reincarnation of souls.

My Nan loved the Lord and Christ more than you can possibly imagine, and it didn't stop her belief that when Christ said about the many mansions that it meant reincarnation. I had discussed with my Nan about my feelings relating to that scripture, and that is when she concurred with me on the subject.

I loved my Nan and you couldn't ask for a woman of greater faith than she; and on her deathbed, she called out my name, as did my other grandmother who died from Alzheimer's. She forgot my other family members, but remembered me. On her deathbed, she called out my name. I still don't know why they called out my name on their deathbeds. Both were too ill to know if I was there or wasn't there. I often wonder if there was something that they wanted to tell me. My dad's mother, the one who died from Alzheimer's, although was a Christian wasn't as devout as my Nan.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I will say first that I do believe in reincarnation. I know there's no indisputable evidence for it, but to me it's what makes the most sense spiritually. However, there are some things that I don't completely understand. Such as....

The world's population of humans is about 6 billion right? But that's the highest it's ever been in history. There are estimates that all human life evolved from a single group of about 2000 or so. So, are we all new souls? Where did the others come from?

But thinking on it, the human population almost always survives by living off the resources around it. And part of the concept of reincarnation is that all living things have souls. Every ant, So maybe as the human population grows, it takes the souls of the species that it decimates.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Not sure but I think this is relevant to the story. There is a book out that encourages girls her age to to take up careers similar to hers. With that in mind I say she is just living out her fairytale

In the latest edition of its science textbook for Class 7, the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has devoted a page to Chawla to encourage girl students to take up a career of their choice and spread awareness about equal rights for women.
ZeeNews

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think that children at that age are open to much more 'unexplained' things than we adults are! As said. the 'gift' fades away at age 7, the time you begin at school...we get these mental barricades there! you learn how the world is this and that, and this and that doesn't exists and so on...

As we get older we get more and more of these mental barricades!

[edit on 8/7/07 by Jericho-X]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Demonic posession explains these cases. The demon knows the life of the past person and therefore is very accurate. I think the reason that this is found in India more is because it is a tenet of the main religion of that region.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
The world's population of humans is about 6 billion right? But that's the highest it's ever been in history. There are estimates that all human life evolved from a single group of about 2000 or so. So, are we all new souls? Where did the others come from?

Good question.

Maybe the soul is not native to humans? There is the possibility that our souls are ancient, having inhabited physical beings all over the universe. All of it adding to a vast collection of knowledge and experience that we are reunited with upon death.

Some of us perhaps become attached to the Earth and to human life and continue to be reborn here, other move on, exploring the universe and other life.

Just my take on the subject.

Trying to find more sources for this story but not having much luck.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Whatever it is, there is a good opportunity for scientific discovery here.

First, the girl should be interrogated about things that were known to KC only or to her near relatives. If most of the answers turn out to be correct, she can be taken to US on site, for studies and to see if she can recognize the places.
Third, the investigators can ask her about the mission itself and what exactly happened. They can check her reactions by showing her the videos and pictures of the shuttle Columbia.
Forth, they can ask her questions about what happened in between the period from death through rebirth. Perhaps something will come out.

I found a vid that clearly shows the causes of failure (it is really depressing to watch). No where its mentioned that snow or hail was involved. I find it amusing that the little girl speaks of a large snow ball. Can be a press reporter 'addition' or can be a UFO !?!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Now I'm certainly skeptical, but.... (1) the fatal damage was caused by a piece of foam (with frozen ice on/in it) due to the liquid fuel (2) The astronauts might not have known the cause of the fault.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Demonic posession explains these cases. The demon knows the life of the past person and therefore is very accurate. I think the reason that this is found in India more is because it is a tenet of the main religion of that region.

That's probably the most logical explanation for this from a Christian perspective (I used to lean towards the same conclusion). However there ARE other possibilities which should be considered.

I think that reincarnation can happen in many forms. Perhaps souls can split or join before entering a body. More than one may have the same past memories. Think of our souls as like drops of water.

Perhaps it's not so much the traditional idea of reincarnation, but rather we "tune into" a certain vibration or frequency which is associated with a past (or even future) experience. Maybe the kids are just picking up on the group conciousness.

Either way, there's something going on. Kids tend to know things sometimes which they had never learned.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I also have had a sense that reincarnation is a possibility, on a personal level I believe it is..although it seems to go against all forms of logic. I am not at all religious however. I guess we won't know for sure until the time comes...if it does.

The claims of this girl is interesting, and further studies are due. It would be interesting to see how this develops.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by laiguana]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join