It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One Thing That Can Change This World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
After reading through various threads/forums, I have noticed three groups of people that this post is addressing-

1. those who feel that they are just one person and "what can I do?" about all the problems this world has.
2. those who feel that it is too late.
3. those who believe that when others think that something can be done to change the situation are fools.

Nothing is carved in stone. Not even what is written in the Bible. Prophecies change, that is why its called a prophecy. The difference between prophecy and prediction is that prophecy is changeable according to the actions and thoughts of the people. A prediction is unchangeable no matter what.

The one thing that can change this world is ATTITUDE !!! Attitude influences everything that happens to you and this world.

Change your defeatist, victim mentality attitude. It is not too late. To say that is to insult the hard efforts and struggles of activists, campaigners and many many others who believe in a better world for themselves, YOU and the rest of humanity. They aren't doing it for fun. They aren't getting arrested and being beaten up by the police for fun. They are doing it for YOU!!!!! They are doing it because they have courage and inner strength. They are being true to themselves, their values and beliefs. They are exercising honour, integrity and truth in a world that have people who no longer know what those words mean.

Yesterday I heard Alex Jones say that America is supposed to be the land of the free and home of the brave. My immediate reaction was to reply to myself, "Not anymore. It is now the land of the mind controlled slaves and home of the cowards."

Are you a coward? Those of you who say its too late to change anything? Those who believe that when others think that something can be done to change the situation are fools? Have you already lain down to die?

Mahatma Gandhi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world." So please, for your own sakes, change your attitudes first. Change your attitude of apathy. Change your negative beliefs.

We the people, can peace for peace till we are blue in the face, but if there is no peace within, there will be no true and lasting peace without. It all starts with yourself first. Be the change you want to see in the world.

Every single person in this world have inner problems, be they mental, emotional or spiritual problems. These are what need to be rooted out and healed/resolved. True inner peace is a long hard process and not for cowards, because it entails you looking at the ugly side of your human character and personality. It also involves self-responsibility, a difficult principle for many to uphold.

I am not an activist in the usual sense. I am a warrior of another type, and I am still fighting the good fight because I believe in goodness for all beings. I admit that sometimes I get really fed-up with foolish people, but I will still do what needs to be done. That is the measure of a Man. Do you measure up?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
what you say is very true, and I believe the exact same. I am not going to just lay down and let someone else walk all over me, but at the same time I'm not just gonna go out and start a Ruckus. I am waiting for the right moment, when everything is perfectly aligned....

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Is there a right moment? There never is. Many make that mistake even in their own affairs.

The right moment is Now!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I agree with the poster who stated that he feels like he is waiting for the perfect time to act.

I believe many of us are just sort of waiting..........

I have always felt that something would happen and I would have to step up to the plate and do the right thing. Something unconventional, something previously unknown to me yet something dramatically important.

I am awaiting the *call* but will I hear that which I do not know?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Prophecy stays the same, it is predictions that change. Prophecies can be over many ages, and can repeat time and again, if man does not know that history repeats itself. Where as predictions are what can be changed.

Like how we all have a destiny. All of us get to our destiny but how we get there is upto us. There are many routes to get where you need to go and all that.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
When is this moment of change going to take place? Do we have to wait? I do not know, but people are waking up slow, very slow. Peacesanctuary, I agree with you. I am waiting also for people to be strong, I still see so many people believing what the government tells them. I think some people just want to think they are safe and do not want to see the truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
When I got the "call" it was so powerful, I couldn't ignore it, but the funny thing was, it took me years to find out what it was about and what I was supposed to do. I was clueless for an awful long time. My "call" didn't come with instructions

When I finally figured it all out at the 12th hour, I almost didn't make it, and I say that literally. I was on the point of a major disease that would have taken me out through death.

All that aside, I have to agree with "interestedalways" and the way he put it. There are many who are on "standby" and when the call happens, you will know no matter what.

People are waking up. That is certain. Faster than we can see. In certain areas the growth has been phenomenal. I believe we are very close to reaching critical mass and when that happens.......

Love, compassion for ourselves and others, non-sectarian thinking, patient endurance and acceptance - all this helps.

I saw a funny cartoon the other day. It was called The Dawn of Creation and it showed all these crocs coming out of the sea and a baby croc asked, "Are we there yet?"

My answer to that, "Soon, sweetheart, soon!"

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You missed a group…

4. Those that believe the world is just as it was meant to be. And that “We are not here to change the world---we are here so that the world can change us” (Sleeper’s signature)

What makes you think that your idea of a change for the better will ever match mine, or anyone else for that matter?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
the idea doesn't have to match yours silly it is the generalization of the message that most can agree upon

and under that each person can have his own wishes and desires which they have the responsibility to create

this doesn't have to be physical action, your desires and wishes should first be developed in a mass collective thought and if the emotion/desire of the message is high and the intent is from the heart the amount of ENERGY this thought can carry's exponentially increases the ability and potential to manifest your wishes in reality IMSO

powers that be aren't to kind to these things though

man has a direct influence on the world around him through thought and intention. man is born a creator

and this knowledge is DANGEROUS it *makes it difficult for the ruling powers to be truly powerful over there subject* in any society

so they must keep men ignorant of this,

EVEN TODAY many do not understand the power that collective thought can have on reality, even those that see religion is not all it is cracked up to be.

and i am just trying to explain why this knowledge of creatiion power had to be deflected for kings and queens to maintain the power over there subjects and change the message from creation to (creator and thus create a dependence to a more impressive figure/being)thru religion

and how the religious believe it because prayer works but there power of creation is dependant on a god figure when it doesn't have to be.

because in addition to outright lies and manipulations(fabrications of religious texts) and instead of "witch hunts" , the truth of this power today will be surpressed as well as also distracted by bread and circuses because it is still dangerous to the "powerful" if a collective movement took shape.

and yes i believe in spirits of loved one's that you can still pray 2.

prophecy's have been repackaged over time from different cultures but the theme's and intention remains the same, sure the characters name's change but the script is carefully repeated

prophecy's are merely options, or probabilities (guesses based on the belief about the way things will turn out) collective thought changes attitudes and percentages and options and reality

[edit on 8-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Great speech, its in the hearts and minds of all of us. We just don’t know how to show it. If understanding was an emotion we’d have a very free world but its not. it’s the emotions that get the best of us. Believer in what ever, god, evolution or aliens it all take a degree of emotion right? Its when you put your emotions aside and open up to reason and understanding because knowledge is power. I have a less then a high school education even though I did graduate but I feel intelligent, not in the form of education but in understanding the way things work. Its like seeing a big sign in the sky and knowing what its describing or depicting.

Its all a process. Everyone to occupied in their lives and its would be like a car crashing into a wall at 70 miles an hour they just won’t make it because they are as good as dead.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Gah...nobody knows what they're doing here(Earth). Even those with high-ranking political, media, and religious power are still just children flung into the world. it's the human condition.

trying to get people to do something en masse typically never works because the people are too concerned with what benefits they'll receive immediately, because that is all they understand.

but that's just my opinion...i'm a MASShole. Like they say, "New England is Wicked Pissed."

new topics

top topics

join