It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The shocking truth about how my pal Jim Morrison REALLY died

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is very interesting, thanks for the thread.

Here is a link to a thread I started some months ago concerning high strangeness surrounding the Morrison death. Hope you find it interesting:

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
I have no doubt that Morrison died in 1971. I also lean towards the belief that COINTELPRO played a role utilizing foreign intelligence organisations. What fascinates me is the attempt by persons unknown to keep the myth of the faked death alive.
The Cult of Jim

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
cheers some good stuff there

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Before they dig up Morrison, why don't they go and find out how Courtney Love got away with murdering Kurt Cobain.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by brettcal82

after all these years looks like there gonna be reopening the case
not just any ordinary rock star death then.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

wouldent that make it just any ordinary rock star death?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryjenkins
I was alive when Jim died. It came shortly after he had sex on stage in Miami. The girl had a rich father. I believe there might have been a connection. Revenge?

In Miami he was arrested for indecently exposing himself onstage, there was no girl involved. He never had sex onstage.

As for this latest "revelation" about his death, it's old news. It first appeared in a book published about 16 years ago. They didn't reopen the case then, so why do it now?

The Morrison family have always been opposed to any exhumation of the body anyway.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by sbardc2]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think it would be great if they reopened the case! After the Miami concert, there was a lot of heat on him! I just always assumed that it was the drugs that killed him, not unusual in those days! Did someone want him dead? Was he too anti-establishment? Was he influencing the youth of America in a bad way? I watched "The Doors" movie. He was quite reckless! R.I.P. Lizard King!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have always had a theory that the government was behind his death and alot of other major artist's death's back then.
If you look at some of the big names that died back in those years alot of them were pretty influential to the hippie movement and we all know that the government was trying to squash the hippie movement back then, so why not have a few operatives help out, it was after all the cold war and everything was secretive back then.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMachinist
I have always had a theory that the government was behind his death and alot of other major artist's death's back then.
If you look at some of the big names that died back in those years alot of them were pretty influential to the hippie movement and we all know that the government was trying to squash the hippie movement back then, so why not have a few operatives help out, it was after all the cold war and everything was secretive back then.

This is (to my mind) very true.

Operation CHAOS/COINTELPRO was instrumental in silencing the voices of the hipppie/yippie movements.

Many will look at a thread like this one and say, "Why would the government rub him out?" But to look at the number of fatalities during that era, one notices a very high average, even for drug addled muso's. A broad section of the '60's counter-culture scene was silenced in one way or another.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yeah, there is even a book out about the governments alleged involvement in not just Morrison's death but also Lennon, Hendrix and if you can believe it, Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls, among many others. Here is a description of the book from Amazon.com:

Since the sixties, musicians have been outspoken and powerful proponents for social change, making them a threat to those eager to maintain the status quo. Typically fond of drugs, they also make easy targets for investigation and exploitation. In this comprehensive look at more than a dozen suspect rock star deaths, conspiracy researcher Alex Constantine delves into the secrets that the record industry, organized crime, and even the FBI and CIA don't want uncovered. Unearthing recent - and successful - assassination plots against Tupac Shakur and The Notorious B.I.G. as well as new information on the tragic deaths of Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and John Lennon, this long-overdue report offers disturbing evidence that there may be more behind these deaths than accident, psychosis, and indulgence.
Amazon.com

Personally I think it's all a bunch of hooey. Actions have consequences and sometimes extreme actions, like drug and alcohol abuse, can have dangerous and even deadly consequences. Morrison is dead, as is Elvis and Lennon and all the rest, let's just let them rest in peace; God knows they deserve it.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I was under the impression Jim Morrison was not dead at all. Here is the website with his fairly current pics, and apparent FBI documents affirmating that it is him. Or its an elaborate hoax to swindle us into buying their 30 dollar DVD. Heres the linky poo:

www.rodeoswest.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Before they dig up Morrison, why don't they go and find out how Courtney Love got away with murdering Kurt Cobain.

Heh, I always thought what killed Kurt Cobain was an insufficient amount of drugs - he woke up all the way one day, realized what he'd married and "chewed his arm off" the hard way. Married; buried.

Maybe Morrison got behind on his payments to his dealer. We had a bud that "died of an overdose in his car", same oddball lack of info. We poked around in it a bit, and what we could gather was that Donnie was into the dealer for more than he could pay, the dealer ended up being a local police detective. Whoops! One mysterious, never solved case. I guess you could say he knew the job was dangerous when he took it.

So you never know, Morrison's dealer might have been le flics, or maybe DGSE. His dad being who he was, you never know if some gubmental skullduggery was involved.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The big flaw with saying that the government was behind his death, is that he was in Paris because he was sick of being a rock star "figurehead". He wanted anonymity, he was bored of what he saw as playing a vacuous role.

If you view his death within the correct time context, he would have been assasinated two years earlier, when he was bothersome to certain authorities, albeit on a very minor level. He never attempted to radicalise the masses in any political fashion, he was just a drunk and drugged up Rock star who liked annoying people in uniforms, and on a couple of occasions attempted to start riots at his gigs....for his own fun. He was no serious threat to the authorities.

By the time he moved to Paris the furore surrounding him was over, and it was pretty clear to anyone who followed his career that he'd given up the rabble rousing antics and was more interested in doing his own quiet thing, which by then was poetry.

We know his girlfriend Pam was involved in heroin when they were in Paris together, so it's really not beyond the bounds of possibilty that he was too. Therefore heroin is one of the stronger possibiltes for the cause of his death.

Why was the death covered up in such a manner, and the burial so rushed? Maybe because it was still fresh in the mind of his girlfriend how the likes of Hendrix had his reputation smeared and rubbished across the press following his death the previous year...and that poor guy died of legal drugs!

Also Pam would have been more than aware that a revelation of Morrison using heroin would have brought the heat down on her.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by sbardc2]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
Yeah, there is even a book out about the governments alleged involvement in not just Morrison's death but also Lennon, Hendrix and if you can believe it, Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls, among many others.

Why is it so hard to believe? Tupac and Biggie, east and west coast. Get the gangs battling each other. Tupacs connection to the Black Panthers made him the child of revolutionary anti-government ideology.

Evidence has since surfaced that those involved in the murders were LAPD cops moonlighting as bodyguards.

That reluctance to get to the bottom of police corruption, Poole says
in his lawsuit, hampered his investigation of the Biggie Smalls murder. When he began turning up clues that pointed to involvement by David Mack, an LAPD officer and friend of Perez serving time for an armed bank robbery, he was prevented from aggressively pursuing the investigation.
Link

Personally I think it's all a bunch of hooey. Actions have consequences and sometimes extreme actions, like drug and alcohol abuse, can have dangerous and even deadly consequences. Morrison is dead, as is Elvis and Lennon and all the rest, let's just let them rest in peace; God knows they deserve it.

Even when those consequences seem to be happening at an alarmingly high rate, within a certain demographic that are all pushing for the same ideals?

The music scene has never seen such a high concentration of deaths, even though drug use since then has, if anything, escalated. Just look at the "excessive '80's", all that coke, smack, booze etc...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Great post! It wouldn't surprise me! I never thought about it, until I watched the movie. If you think of how many hippie musicians died so young, it does make you wonder! Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Mama Cass Elliott!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbardc2
The big flaw with saying that the government was behind his death, is that he was in Paris because he was sick of being a rock star "figurehead". He wanted anonymity, he was bored of what he saw as playing a vacuous role.

Morrison was pursued by the Feds right up until his death. Would Morrison have been content to remain in Paris as a recluse from the industry he loved? Could the government rely on him to do that?

The busts took their toll on Morrison... . By 1970 he was still reeling from the effects of one federal trial and about to face another. And the FBI had marked him. It was they who made the charges in Miami stick... . Morrison was guilty before he was arrested. But the particular crimes were not the problem. The real issue was because he was guilty of being Jim Morrison, a larger than life symbol of rebellion to the youth of America, and thereby a threat.
The bust cost Morrison a great deal of money, but more than that they wore him down and sapped his enthusiasm for life. "The vice squad would be at the side of the stage, just waiting to write in the offense," Manzarek recollected. "Narks to the left, vice squad to the right, into the valley of death rode the four... . They wanted to stop Morrison. They wanted to show him that he couldn't get away with it."
Link

If you view his death within the correct time context, he would have been assasinated two years earlier, when he was bothersome to certain authorities, albeit on a very minor level. He never attempted to radicalise the masses in any political fashion, he was just a drunk and drugged up Rock star who liked annoying people in uniforms, and on a couple of occasions attempted to start riots at his gigs....for his own fun. He was no serious threat to the authorities.

Morrison studied the philosophy of Antonin Artaud. Revolution was the Doors raison d'être.

"I like ideas about the breaking away or overthrowing of established order."

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos - especially activity that seems to have no meaning. It seems to me to be the road toward freedom - external revolt is a way to bring about internal freedom."
(Link supplied above)

Ray Manzarek: "They were going to stop all of rock 'n' roll by stopping The Doors. As far as Americans were concerned, he was the most dangerous... ."
(Link supplied above)

During the first few years surround Jim Morrison's "death" a
number of interesting articles surfaced. These cited references
showing various intelligence interests either in Morrison's
underground activity; his "death" or that intelligence had even
masterminded Morrison's death itself! One of the more explicit
appeared in the Scandinavian magazine Dagblatte. This article
detailed French intelligence efforts to assassinate Jim Morrison
in Paris.
Link

By the time he moved to Paris the furore surrounding him was over, and it was pretty clear to anyone who followed his career that he'd given up the rabble rousing antics and was more interested in doing his own quiet thing, which by then was poetry.

But the furore wasn't over. His "rabble rousing antics" continued in Paris, just without the band. He continued to drink heavily and was more than likely doing heroin.
Poetry had been with Morrison for his entire career. Does taking the music away from it make it any less dangerous?

[edit on 8/7/2007 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
great pics of the grave site. I have always thought that it was severe alcoholism
and heavy drug use that caused his death at 27. If it was an overdose on heroin would the body still contain evidence after all these years?
wow what if they dug up the casket and it was empty?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I have partied down to his music, believe me. I have always believed it was possible he could have escaped the world and faked his death long ago. I don't know, I dont think he cares one way or another if he is dead. So if they can investigate why not? I would be interested in the out come reguardless. "Come on baby light my fire!"

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7

Great post! It wouldn't surprise me! I never thought about it, until I watched the movie. If you think of how many hippie musicians died so young, it does make you wonder! Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Mama Cass Elliott!

isnt mama cass the fat woman who died choking on a ham sandwich?

if so, how would that be a conspiracy? secret govt employee deliberately put a gristly bit of ham in her sandwich and hoped she'd wolf it down?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au

Originally posted by Blueangel7

isnt mama cass the fat woman who died choking on a ham sandwich?

if so, how would that be a conspiracy? secret govt employee deliberately put a gristly bit of ham in her sandwich and hoped she'd wolf it down?

ok, looks like i have to eat some humble pie, it doesnt taste that bad...

apparently she died of heart failure in her sleep and the ham sandwich theory is a myth.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disaray
Sorry to be so harsh but a better title would have been better . Thanks .

Yes gen, but you must admit; A worse title would have been worse.
Agreed?

Who knows what happened to Jim, and how will anything change if we find out he overdosed or was in fact murdured?

<< 1    3 >>

join